Disney's International Program/Working at Canadian Pavilion

cdndislvr

<font color=green>better get my coffee<br><font co
My dd is very interested in Disney's International Program and would love to apply next year when she turns 18. Anyone have any experience with this program..either themselves or their children?

TIA.

:goodvibes

DH and I are both alumni. We worked in Food & Beverage in 1997-1998. It was a fantastic year. We had so many great experiences and made great friends. We just had a huge 10 year reunion with over 50 people.

I would highly recommend it. If you have more specific questions just ask.

DH and I are both alumni. We worked in Food & Beverage in 1997-1998. It was a fantastic year. We had so many great experiences and made great friends. We just had a huge 10 year reunion with over 50 people.

I would highly recommend it. If you have more specific questions just ask.

DD17 has already contacted the hiring agency and she will send her resume as soon as she is 18. She has been googling away trying to find out as much info as she can. She has come across a few sites that indicate many hired are just in it for the partying and that concerns her. Her comment to me was "I sure hope there would be some people there who just want to go to Mickey's Retreat and bbq some hot dogs and throw around a football". She's quite the mature 17 yo and isn't into the partying scene at all.

So honestly, was it just one big party in the apartments all the time, or are the blogs she's finding and reading just a small percentage of the people that are hired?

Honestly, many people do party and party hard all year long. I went on the program when I was 19/20 so underage for Florida. And most of my co workers were 21+.

It is such a large group that she will be able to find others that share her interests. But she might want to consider waiting a bit past just turning 18 as for sure she would be the youngest. I worked with people who were 25, 26, 27 etc.

My daughter did this last year from May-Aug. She was a CM at the Haunted Mansion and LOVED it. There are those that party hard..as they would in all probability here at home or at School...and those that are there to make the most of the experience and meet new friends. My daughter was 22 when she went and had a wonderful time and made lifelong friends. In fact, they are meeting up again next month there coming from far and wide. My DD is mulling applying for another position when she graduates University next Spring.

I think it's a wonderful opportunity and if your daughter knows how to make the most of something like this she'd have a ball.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter