• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort - 2014 Roll Call!!!

They are now offering paddle boarding. For 10 and over price is $40.50 for DVC and 45.50 for non DVC

Got back last Thursday from a solo trip in a one bedroom. Heaven! I love the resort for its tranquility. Only one day was warm enough for the beach - it was on Sunday and it was about 80 degrees. All the other days were in the 50's. I really like the new decor. It's lovely and lighter, but I do miss the tiles in the laundry/mudroom that had Shadow's paw prints. I don't know why they had to remove those! It seems to me if they ever had a washing machine overflow, it would be better to have tile rather than laminate which will buckle. Anyway, I ate at Scott's, enjoyed the food and outdoor music, Sea Shack, Hudsons, Roast Fish and Cornbread, Carabbas, Stellini's, and Five Guys (one night when I just wanted take out). The island was not crowded, so reservations were not needed anywhere. I flew in/out of the tiny airport at Hilton Head and even though it's more expensive, I loved it and will used it again. Can't wait to go back!

Just saw this thread. We will be in a 1 bedroom from 4/13-4/18 and are book ending with a night in Charleston. Can't wait to return to HHI!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We booked our July trip MANY MANY months ago - Sunday-Saturday in a Grand Villa with 12 people.
8 Adults and 4 kids

We have stayed in a Grand Villa before, but there were only 5 adults and 1 child.

We are having some trouble figuring out where to put everyone and keep parents and kids together... While it makes sense just to put everyone together in a logical way... there are complication with relationships LOL

5 beds, 1 Sofa Bed.... Did they put a Sleeper Chair in with the remodel?? Does anyone know? That would make things a LITTLE easier.

We are also considering trying to get a studio to avoid complications..., but the issue with that is that it would likely be all the way across the resort. And if a GV fits 12.... some people will just need to suck it up... right? HAHA

We are so excited!

We booked our July trip MANY MANY months ago - Sunday-Saturday in a Grand Villa with 12 people.
8 Adults and 4 kids

We have stayed in a Grand Villa before, but there were only 5 adults and 1 child.

We are having some trouble figuring out where to put everyone and keep parents and kids together... While it makes sense just to put everyone together in a logical way... there are complication with relationships LOL

5 beds, 1 Sofa Bed.... Did they put a Sleeper Chair in with the remodel?? Does anyone know? That would make things a LITTLE easier.

We are also considering trying to get a studio to avoid complications..., but the issue with that is that it would likely be all the way across the resort. And if a GV fits 12.... some people will just need to suck it up... right? HAHA

We are so excited!

Yes, at least in the 2 bdrms the chair is now a twin size sleeper (and very comfortable ,btw !)

Good luck and have fun !

Thanks, Syndrome! Great to hear!

I can't imagine that they wouldn't have upgraded the chair in the Grand Villa as well.

I keep scouring the internet for photos of the remodeled Grand Villas, but I can't seem to find any photos anywhere!

Yes, there's bound to be a sleeper chair in the Grand Villa because there was one in the one bedroom last week. I even unfolded it and laid on it to see if it would be comfortable. Seems as if it would, because I couldn't feel a bar in the middle. Don't know about someone large/tall using it because I am only 5 feet tall. The Grand Villas are wonderful there - just wish there were elevators to get everything up there!

Yes, there's bound to be a sleeper chair in the Grand Villa because there was one in the one bedroom last week. I even unfolded it and laid on it to see if it would be comfortable. Seems as if it would, because I couldn't feel a bar in the middle. Don't know about someone large/tall using it because I am only 5 feet tall. The Grand Villas are wonderful there - just wish there were elevators to get everything up there!

Oh, I SOOOO Know what you mean about the elevators!

After lugging food for 6 people for a week up those stairs, lugging a week's worth of food up those steps for 12 people is NOT going to be fun!!!

If only they would install a hoist for something! HAHA

There may be enough of us for a pass-along line - but it would take 3 different moves to get all of that in motion.

Not going to be fun, that's for sure!

I just remember last time it was SOOO hot and humid that by the time we unloaded our vehicles and got everything in the villas, I was SO drenched with sweat that I had to take a long cold shower and change clothes! It was gross!

I am starting to get excited for our trip. May 18th can't come soon enough.

We have a 2 bedroom booked, any suggestions for good locations? I do plan on doing some grilling are there grills close to all buildings?

For some reason I did not see this thread in my search. We will be there 4/12-4/18 and then one night in charleston. This will be our second time and we are all looking so forward to some warm sunny weather after this brutal winter! We have 2 boys 11 & 13 and will be staying in a 2bdr. Maybe I will see some of you there. We will be the blinding white northerners swimming in the ocean.

Maybe I will see some of you there. We will be the blinding white northerners swimming in the ocean.

This is so funny! When we lived in Massachusetts, we'd go to FLA in November and swim when it was in the high 60s. Meanwhile, the life guards would be sitting in their warm coats, shivering, and looking at us like we were nuts. Now that we live in the sub-tropics, we go to HHI in November, watch people frolicking in the pool, while DH and I stand around in coats, thinking "Are they nuts?"

Oh, I SOOOO Know what you mean about the elevators!

After lugging food for 6 people for a week up those stairs, lugging a week's worth of food up those steps for 12 people is NOT going to be fun!!!

If only they would install a hoist for something! HAHA

There may be enough of us for a pass-along line - but it would take 3 different moves to get all of that in motion.

Not going to be fun, that's for sure!

I just remember last time it was SOOO hot and humid that by the time we unloaded our vehicles and got everything in the villas, I was SO drenched with sweat that I had to take a long cold shower and change clothes! It was gross!

I remember after returning home from a GV that Thanksgiving that someone on here recommended that I could have requested the help of one of the male cast members. That year, it was only ME getting all the luggage and groceries up those stairs since my mom is in her 90's and my husband was awaiting knee replacement. I was completely exhausted after lugging everything up. My son arrived a few days later and was a great help getting it all back down when we left, but I don't think I would ever reserve a grand villa there again. Maybe you should ask about cast members helping you with everything when you get there?

So excited, we are heading to HHI resort May 16th to the 24th!! :cool1:
My favorite resort :love:

Does anyone know if ALL the villas have been renovated?

I have requested a second floor marsh view. The last few times we were there we were on the first floor and at times it sounded like a heard of elephants were above us, although It will stink carrying all our stuff up those stairs ::yes::

:goodvibes

Add us to the roll call! One thing though, we aren't staying at the Disney property :(. We'll be at the Palmetto Dunes location at the Omni Hotel. We have to take our dog because she is really old now and requires even more attention than a pet sitter can give her.

We are going home tomorrow. We ate at Roastfish and Cornbread tonight and it was so good. The cornbread is sweet potato cornbread. Yum! It took a while to get our food, but worth the wait. We did not have reservations, but they recommend making one. I guess we got there at a good time. It is not that large. You can bring your own beer or wine.

Heading to HHI for the 1st time later this week!!! We are a new family and in need of a vacation. :beach: I read through one of the boards that building 31 was maybe haunted so I will not be staying there no matter the view. I don't mess with that sort of thing. Not sure the truth to that, but I go on vacation to get away from stress, not to encounter it. I'm hoping though that HHI is good for a toddler. I haven't read much about activities for that crowd so any suggestions would be appreciated.

On a side note. We typically cook our own food and had a few questions:
1) Is there a whole foods nearby?
2) How accessible are the outdoor grills?
3) Pots and pans in the 2 bedroom villas?
4) Suggestions for buying fresh seafood nearby?:fish:

On a side note. We typically cook our own food and had a few questions: 1) Is there a whole foods nearby?

There's not a Whole Foods but there is a Fresh Market about a mile or so away from the resort. We went there several times.

There's not a Whole Foods but there is a Fresh Market about a mile or so away from the resort. We went there several times.

They are putting in a Whole Foods where the Piggly Wiggly was. They have gutted the building and the front is completely gone so it will be a while before it opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter