Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Posting here too, just in case we have any VGF owners in this thread…

So, I was in the Villas lobby yesterday when a woman was speaking to a CM behind the desk. She mentioned how much she missed having the cappuccino machine in the lobby, and of course, I chimed in and repeated the same sentiment.

The CM replied with “let’s just say something is in the works!”, but wouldn’t say any more than that. So if anyone is staying at VGF in the upcoming months, please keep an eye out and report back. Hope she’s right!!

Posting here too, just in case we have any VGF owners in this thread…

So, I was in the Villas lobby yesterday when a woman was speaking to a CM behind the desk. She mentioned how much she missed having the cappuccino machine in the lobby, and of course, I chimed in and repeated the same sentiment.

The CM replied with “let’s just say something is in the works!”, but wouldn’t say any more than that. So if anyone is staying at VGF in the upcoming months, please keep an eye out and report back. Hope she’s right!!
I hope its back by September! VGF is one of our home resorts.

Evening folks. We are having our first stay at GF arriving on June 22nd. How soon can you try and reserve a poolside cabana for a day? Is it the same 60 day window as dining and do you have to phone ?

Many thanks

We're looking at planning at somewhat last minute trip for this August. I'm just starting to check out resort options and what's available for our dates, we stayed at the Grand Floridian resort studios when they had just opened the summer before last. It looks like there is still some construction going on at the GF, any idea when it will be completed?

We're looking at planning at somewhat last minute trip for this August. I'm just starting to check out resort options and what's available for our dates, we stayed at the Grand Floridian resort studios when they had just opened the summer before last. It looks like there is still some construction going on at the GF, any idea when it will be completed?
Not likely by August because guests have received emails for fall stays about it.

Depends on what is important to you. We think it will be the lobby/main building. Pretty much the grounds, outer buildings and pools etc are done or not needing work.

There will be construction still at poly and the path between the resorts is closed/probably still be closed.

Path to MK has been open.

Up to 60 days and yes it the same 60 day window for Dining. Call this number: (407) WDW-PLAY. Your 60 day window opens on April 23rd.

Dave
I'm sure you're already aware, i would make sure to call first thing in the morning. They only have 4 cabanas and they go extremely quick. If you can't nab one they also have splash pad rentals which are typically available (Preferred seating with snacks and a server)

*Construction Notes:

As of 4/6/24, the only visible construction at The Grand was located outside the Main Building. Pictures taken during my trip last week can be viewed below. According to emails sent to guests, as well as blogs, work on the Lobby should begin soon. NO DATES HAVE BEEN GIVEN AS FAR AS START OR COMPLETION DATES. As information becomes available, I will be sure to update this thread (Page 1 included). No information has been given regarding any additional work at this time. I’d appreciate anyone who has trips coming up, if they’d kindly post any new construction indoors or out. I’d love to keep this thread as up to date as possible. Thanks so much!!!

1712593691234.jpeg

1712593702409.jpeg

Current Lobby State: REFURBISHMENT HAS NOT STARTED.

IMG_2429.jpeg

Letter Sent to Guests:

Dear Guest,
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you will see or hear construction around Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – including our lobby – during daytime hours.

Last edited:
Villas Lobby Note:

Wanted to mention, I noticed since my last trip in November, they removed the 2nd reception desk when entering the lobby. That space now has 2 play tables (one checkers, one chess.) They also have games on top of the tables in the lobby, such as Connect Four.

IMG_2280.jpeg

Our TA was able to apply the AP discount to our reservation and got us $750 off while upgrading us to TPV before I even woke up for work today lol. People are always asking why bother with a TA especially now that ours doesn't have the agency exclusive rates anymore, but days like today are why we still do.

I will have to rethink our room request though now that we aren't resort view anymore, because I don't think Sugarloaf has TPV rooms does it? I wish Touring Plans would update the GF on their room finder.

Disney Reveals First Look at Tiana and More Characters Coming to 1900 Park Fare

1900 Park Fare Characters

Tiana at 1900 Park Fare

Ahead of the April 10 reopening of 1900 Park Fare restaurant at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, guests are getting their first look at the characters they’ll be able to meet during breakfast and dinner service. The characters chosen for this revamped dining experience all “celebrate the power of a wish.” This includes Princess Tiana dressed in her adventurer gear, which she will also wear on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure — which opens this summer at Magic Kingdom.

Mirabelle from Encanto meeting guests at 1900 Park Fare.

Also meeting guests will be Mirabel from “Encanto.”

Aladdin at 1900 Park Fare

Aladdin, dressed in his Prince Ali look will be walking around to meet guests.

Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare

Cinderella will greet guests as well. In the previous iteration of 1900 Park Fare, “Cinderella” characters were featured at dinner.

Paintings at 1900 Park Fare

We’ve also been given a look at the previously announced portraits in the main dining room. Created by Disney artists, each one highlights a different Disney character “as they hope, dream and wish upon a star (or even a magic lamp or a wishing well).”

Big Bertha at 1900 Park Fare

Big Bertha, the organ that has called the Grand Floridian home since 1988, will also remain on display in the main dining room. This enhances the dining room’s homage to the late Victorian period and the carousel theming that can be found throughout 1900 Park Fare. In March, Disney revealed the full menu and prices for the restaurant, which includes new additions and old favorites.

*Construction Notes:

As of 4/6/24, the only visible construction at The Grand was located outside the Main Building. Pictures taken during my trip last week can be viewed below. According to emails sent to guests, as well as blogs, work on the Lobby should begin soon. NO DATES HAVE BEEN GIVEN AS FAR AS START OR COMPLETION DATES. As information becomes available, I will be sure to update this thread (Page 1 included). No information has been given regarding any additional work at this time. I’d appreciate anyone who has trips coming up, if they’d kindly post any new construction indoors or out. I’d love to keep this thread as up to date as possible. Thanks so much!!!

View attachment 849440

View attachment 849441

Letter Sent to Guests:

Dear Guest,
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you will see or hear construction around Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – including our lobby – during daytime hours.
thanks for sharing... this really bums me out :( we're taking my parents for their first ever trip to WDW, been planning well over a year, and I'm so sad that it's looking like the lobby will be under construction. Oh well. We're going the first week in May - I'll try and take photos for updates.

Disney Reveals First Look at Tiana and More Characters Coming to 1900 Park Fare

1900 Park Fare Characters

Tiana at 1900 Park Fare

Ahead of the April 10 reopening of 1900 Park Fare restaurant at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, guests are getting their first look at the characters they’ll be able to meet during breakfast and dinner service. The characters chosen for this revamped dining experience all “celebrate the power of a wish.” This includes Princess Tiana dressed in her adventurer gear, which she will also wear on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure — which opens this summer at Magic Kingdom.

Mirabelle from Encanto meeting guests at 1900 Park Fare.

Also meeting guests will be Mirabel from “Encanto.”

Aladdin at 1900 Park Fare

Aladdin, dressed in his Prince Ali look will be walking around to meet guests.

Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare

Cinderella will greet guests as well. In the previous iteration of 1900 Park Fare, “Cinderella” characters were featured at dinner.

Paintings at 1900 Park Fare

We’ve also been given a look at the previously announced portraits in the main dining room. Created by Disney artists, each one highlights a different Disney character “as they hope, dream and wish upon a star (or even a magic lamp or a wishing well).”

Big Bertha at 1900 Park Fare

Big Bertha, the organ that has called the Grand Floridian home since 1988, will also remain on display in the main dining room. This enhances the dining room’s homage to the late Victorian period and the carousel theming that can be found throughout 1900 Park Fare. In March, Disney revealed the full menu and prices for the restaurant, which includes new additions and old favorites.

The new “making wishes” theme is definitely evident from the character pics on the wall.

*Construction Notes:

View attachment 849440

View attachment 849441

Letter Sent to Guests:

Dear Guest,
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you will see or hear construction around Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – including our
thanks for sharing... this really bums me out :( we're taking my parents for their first ever trip to WDW, been planning well over a year, and I'm so sad that it's looking like the lobby will be under construction. Oh well. We're going the first week in May - I'll try and take photos for updates.
I was one of the guests that received that email, and there is no construction in the lobby currently. Hoping it holds off for your trip!

Our TA was able to apply the AP discount to our reservation and got us $750 off while upgrading us to TPV before I even woke up for work today lol. People are always asking why bother with a TA especially now that ours doesn't have the agency exclusive rates anymore, but days like today are why we still do.

I will have to rethink our room request though now that we aren't resort view anymore, because I don't think Sugarloaf has TPV rooms does it? I wish Touring Plans would update the GF on their room finder.
You are correct, Sugarloaf does not have theme park view rooms. All the other outer buildings should though.

I think GF is one of the easier resorts with the room category changes. garden became resort (inside courtyard/pool/resort facing rooms), lagoon became water (outside facing Seven Seas lagoon), and theme park view remained the same. Sure Disney could have reclassified some "water" view rooms to theme park if you turn your head, but I think using TP should be pretty safe at GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter