Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Does anyone know what type of coffee creamer they sell at the shops? I like coffee mate french vanilla but i dont want to bring my one if i dont have to!!

Looking at 13 months until our next trip (but only two months until I can book!), and all of these pictures (even with the construction) have me jonesing.

This next trip will be to celebrate our respective 50th birthdays (and our first visit without our son in over twenty years). And for once, we are intending to NOT go hard. A little F&W, a Halloween party or two, and some real resort time (our first visit was short on time at VGF) spread out over a few days.

Hopefully, all of this work will be done by then. And hopefully 1900 will be open, as that was part of the reason we went with VGF. Never done it, but DWs fave Disney films are Cinderella and Alice. Finally, a question. How far in advance does V&A take reservations? I assume they are a 7 AM call on the eligible day? Any advice would be appreciated on that count.

So are the CL rooms available to book? I’m not seeing any, so I’m not sure if they are sold out.

Looking at 13 months until our next trip (but only two months until I can book!), and all of these pictures (even with the construction) have me jonesing.

This next trip will be to celebrate our respective 50th birthdays (and our first visit without our son in over twenty years). And for once, we are intending to NOT go hard. A little F&W, a Halloween party or two, and some real resort time (our first visit was short on time at VGF) spread out over a few days.

Hopefully, all of this work will be done by then. And hopefully 1900 will be open, as that was part of the reason we went with VGF. Never done it, but DWs fave Disney films are Cinderella and Alice. Finally, a question. How far in advance does V&A take reservations? I assume they are a 7 AM call on the eligible day? Any advice would be appreciated on that count.
I booked for dds honeymoon. It’s 60 days prior plus length of stay so if staying on property you have an edge over locals. Online was 6am call though is a separate line . I think it was 9 or 10 but I did online.

I did chat with them, and they said the category has been bookable all along. I have never seen it, but apparently it’s sold out?
I am the stalking queen lol. I look everyday ! Gf RPC stopped showing up late spring for sept - early jan . Dd has her honeymoon in Oct and I have a trip with her late Nov plus looking for NYE . Usually when I stalk a resort or category you see SOME movement . Nada !

I’ll keep looking 👀! We have BWI cl for Jollywood and want GF for mvmcp after .

Good luck !

These vehicles are just so classic GF! Hope they stay always!

On plane to dds place instead my home ! Let’s extend our time together . The D……. Family on the screen got to me . My last time with my girl same name ! Wedding 9/30. I’m going to help with some more planning n chores and fly home in a few days.

Dh lol . “ what do we do with the clean dishes you left in the dishwasher ???”

He’s kidding lol! Lucky he lets me do what a mom needs to do .

I need a few more days . 🥲IMG_9601.jpegIMG_9602.jpeg

I am the stalking queen lol. I look everyday ! Gf RPC stopped showing up late spring for sept - early jan . Dd has her honeymoon in Oct and I have a trip with her late Nov plus looking for NYE . Usually when I stalk a resort or category you see SOME movement . Nada !

I’ll keep looking 👀! We have BWI cl for Jollywood and want GF for mvmcp after .

Good luck !
I felt like she was misinformed myself, and judging by your experience I think that’s the case! Thanks and good luck to you also!

I booked an RPC room for early November 2023 in mid-August of 2022.

I started stalking RPC availability in May for the November dates to get an understanding of when/if it would be open from the refurb, and I’ve never seen a single thing come up. Not one room ever. I am also convinced that they held some other monorail CL rooms out of inventory because it’s been incredibly rare to see much movement in them either.

I booked an RPC room for early November 2023 in mid-August of 2022.

I started stalking RPC availability in May for the November dates to get an understanding of when/if it would be open from the refurb, and I’ve never seen a single thing come up. Not one room ever. I am also convinced that they held some other monorail CL rooms out of inventory because it’s been incredibly rare to see much movement in them either.
I did notice a poly cl come up for our dates but reading that thread scared me away. 🤣

So... when they open RPC, how do you think they will open then? Let's say they really do intend to open Sept 19, but nobody is booked for RPC... might they just allow upgrades for people who are already booked? Do you think all the GF rooms are sold out, but they were all just sold as outer building?

I ask because I have an outer building booked for the end of Sept, and it would be awesome if I could pay extra to experience the club! Is there any past precedent for something like this?

I ask because I have an outer building booked for the end of Sept, and it would be awesome if I could pay extra to experience the club! Is there any past precedent for something like this?
Sure you can inquire about paid upgrades at the Front desk but expect to pay full rack rate for any upgrade(s) that may be available.

Dave

Sure you can inquire about paid upgrades at the Front desk of any Disney resort but expect to pay full rack rate for any upgrade(s) that may be available.

Dave

I’m guessing they are waiting for the scaffolding to move from those rooms so they can open. So maybe if they open the 19th but the outside isn’t done, they’ll allow outer building suite guests access? I’m just speculating. Only time will tell!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter