Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

If anyone is there now, can you inquire about Narcoossees? It is impossible to make a reservation beyond August 15th, and no cast member I’ve spoke to seems to know why or if it is scheduled to close again. We arrive the following week and have been checking since our 60+ day. Thanks!

If anyone is there now, can you inquire about Narcoossees? It is impossible to make a reservation beyond August 15th, and no cast member I’ve spoke to seems to know why or if it is scheduled to close again. We arrive the following week and have been checking since our 60+ day. Thanks!
I'm in the same boat and I have been checking the site daily. I read somewhere that they are releasing the reservations in blocks because there possibly is some additional work to be done on the restaurant and they don't know when that will happen. Not sure if that is true or not, but it is frustrating.

I have about seven pages to get caught up on here… do we have any idea when this is expected to end? Right now we are booked at Poly because the discounts are not out yet, but we were planning to switch. My husband and I do not think it’s worth it if it’s full of construction because it’s my son’s first trip.

I have about seven pages to get caught up on here… do we have any idea when this is expected to end? Right now we are booked at Poly because the discounts are not out yet, but we were planning to switch. My husband and I do not think it’s worth it if it’s full of construction because it’s my son’s first trip.
Nope! They really have been a mess with resort refurbs lately. People are not notified that they will be moved until too late.
We don't know when lobby, rooms in rpc and dining will be done. Could be all now-ish or spread out. I think Tea Room and 1900 Park Fare are getting done but disney hasn't announced anything.

Many restaurants are having these issues with reservations not dropping at the 70 day mark. Narcoossees is the The Worst. There is nothing any CM you can talk to can do anything about it. Set a dining alert and go about your life knowing if you haven’t been able to book no one else has been able to book. The services should alert you within like 15 mins of the reservations finally, someday, populating.

Is any of this recent work considered part of the lobby refurbishment? It looks like it is, but I thought that was being delayed until next year.

Is any of this recent work considered part of the lobby refurbishment? It looks like it is, but I thought that was being delayed until next year.
It appears they are refurbishing the exterior of the main building and the rooms, but leaving the actual lobby refurb until after the holidays so as not to interfere with the Xmas decorations and gingerbread house.

We checked in yesterday for our first GF stay and I must say it has been amazing! I have been enjoying this thread and so thought I would share. We booked water view and only request made was King. We got a King!!!
IMG_5463.jpeg
We are in Boca Chica and this is the view from our balcony.
IMG_5465.jpeg
IMG_5466.jpeg
IMG_5467.jpeg
IMG_5506.jpeg
We had dinner at Narcoosee’s last night and were able to watch Happily Ever After from our table.
IMG_5493.jpeg
IMG_5496.jpeg
I was worried about it, but am not finding the construction very bothersome at all. I actually think it is better in person than most pictures, but maybe I’m just too enamored with the rest to mind. Thank you for all the great information here helping us have a truly magical experience!

We checked in yesterday for our first GF stay and I must say it has been amazing! I have been enjoying this thread and so thought I would share. We booked water view and only request made was King. We got a King!!!
View attachment 779720
View attachment 779721
View attachment 779722
View attachment 779723
View attachment 779724
We had dinner at Narcoosee’s last night and were able to watch Happily Ever After from our table.
View attachment 779725
View attachment 779726
I was worried about it, but am not finding the construction very bothersome at all. I actually think it is better in person than most pictures, but maybe I’m just too enamored with the rest to mind. Thank you for all the great information here helping us have a truly magical experience!
Great pics and great view! Thanks for sharing. And Happy Anniversary!

For an April 2024 vacation will all rooms be renovated by then. If so if you had to choice between the villa single rooms and the resort rooms which would you choice

For an April 2024 vacation will all rooms be renovated by then. If so if you had to choice between the villa single rooms and the resort rooms which would you choice
The DVC rooms are not currently being renovated. They were done a year or two ago. The Deluxe Studios have one QS bed, one QS Murphy bed and a single pull down bed. They also have one full bathroom and one with a sink and a shower. It also has a mini fridge. The Resort Studio has two QS beds and a single bed attached to the couch. It is basically a GF hotel room with a microwave. It has a beverage cooler instead of a mini fridge. Supposedly they don’t get as cool as the mini fridge. They also only have one full bathroom.

As far as location goes, the resort studios are closer to the pools and the main building. It is located by the rest of the GF buildings. The original VGF building is situated by the wedding pavilion. If you are the type of person that likes to get the refillable mug, the walk from the original building gets old quick.

The DVC rooms are not currently being renovated. They were done a year or two ago. The Deluxe Studios have one QS bed, one QS Murphy bed and a single pull down bed. They also have one full bathroom and one with a sink and a shower. It also has a mini fridge. The Resort Studio has two QS beds and a single bed attached to the couch. It is basically a GF hotel room with a microwave. It has a beverage cooler instead of a mini fridge. Supposedly they don’t get as cool as the mini fridge. They also only have one full bathroom.

As far as location goes, the resort studios are closer to the pools and the main building. It is located by the rest of the GF buildings. The original VGF building is situated by the wedding pavilion. If you are the type of person that likes to get the refillable mug, the walk from the original building gets old quick.
Hmm I dont think I phrased my question right are all the outer buildings renovated yet the ones that are not dvc if so what is the difference between them and the big pine key dvc rooms

Hmm I dont think I phrased my question right are all the outer buildings renovated yet the ones that are not dvc if so what is the difference between them and the big pine key dvc rooms
All the outer building rooms are renovated. The differences between them and BPK are that the DVC Resort Studios in BPK have a microwave oven, and you can get a toaster on request. Both have 2 queen beds, a sleeper couch, and a beverage cooler. There seem to be slight differences in decor, and maybe there are differences in the bathrooms, I’m not sure.

View attachment 779720
View attachment 779721
View attachment 779722
View attachment 779723
View attachment 779724
View attachment 779725
View attachment 779726
Now that’s a great view and the hard to get king is a nice thing. Enjoy !

Does anyone know if they are putting people in rooms in the main building during construction? Wondering if it’s possible to get a non-updated room for my upcoming stay or will I be guaranteed an updated room since construction on the other buildings is complete?

Does anyone know if they are putting people in rooms in the main building during construction? Wondering if it’s possible to get a non-updated room for my upcoming stay or will I be guaranteed an updated room since construction on the other buildings is complete?
You cannot get a room in the main building during construction. You will, however, get an updated room in another building, as they are all complete.

Nope! They really have been a mess with resort refurbs lately. People are not notified that they will be moved until too late.
We don't know when lobby, rooms in rpc and dining will be done. Could be all now-ish or spread out. I think Tea Room and 1900 Park Fare are getting done but disney hasn't announced anything.
OK thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it!

Railing Refurbishment Moves to Center of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Lobby

Planters no longer block the view of the lobby directly in front of the Monorail station. A PhotoPass photographer was available in this space when we stopped by.

grand floridian construction 1374

Instead, the planters are around a section of the second-floor railings at the other end of the lobby.

grand floridian construction 1373

We saw some paneling behind the planters, potentially to be used to cover the floor.

grand floridian construction 1370

Seating is now just available on the outskirts of the lobby and construction walls block most of the space.

grand floridian construction 1375

Plywood covers the floor, keeping it protected from the two lifts and other construction materials.

grand floridian construction 1376

Crews have been using the lifts to reach railings and columns of the guest floors above — replacing, refurbishing, and repainting various sections.

grand floridian construction 1377

The top three floors have white scrim up against their railings.

grand floridian construction 1378

grand floridian construction 1381

grand floridian construction 1382

grand floridian construction 1380

We found the crew members painting white columns near the front of the lobby.

grand floridian construction 1383

grand floridian construction 1384

grand floridian construction 1385

Although seating has been moved back into this area below the Monorail station, it was not yet open this morning as crews finished preparing the area.

grand floridian construction 1386

Red velvet ropes blocked the couches and chairs from guest access.

grand floridian construction 1403

Grand Floridian Exterior Construction​

grand floridian construction 1388

Meanwhile, scaffolding still covers the building around and above Gasparilla Island Grill.

grand floridian construction 1389

The quick-service restaurant remains open despite construction on the guest room balconies above it.

grand floridian construction 1390

Guests just need to walk through a tunnel of construction walls.

grand floridian construction 1392

Another entrance in the construction walls is just for crew members.

grand floridian construction 1393

grand floridian construction 1394

Significantly more scaffolding has been installed, reaching all the way up to the roof and extending to a closed ramp near the Grand Floridian Café entrance.

grand floridian construction 1395

grand floridian construction 1396

Above, we could see construction materials on balconies and through balcony doors.

grand floridian construction 1397

One door was lined with blue painter’s tape and had a sign taped to it. The balcony chairs were stacked and covered in plastic.

grand floridian construction 1400

grand floridian construction 1401

A temporary ramp has been set up at a different entrance to replace the closed one during construction.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter