Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Was going to stay the RPC last week in April but just cancelled. We decided that it is not worth it to stay in a room that is going to be refurbished in another 6 months and the report of construction noise around the resort is not worth dropping 8 grand on a vacation. Plus would rather see Epcot's new refurbished.

Was going to stay the RPC last week in April but just cancelled. We decided that it is not worth it to stay in a room that is going to be refurbished in another 6 months and the report of construction noise around the resort is not worth dropping 8 grand on a vacation. Plus would rather see Epcot's new refurbished.
Where did you move to in April or did you move your trip all together?

I know what you mean! I have GF lv 5/1-3. RPC popped up with AP discount but I love love love the new rooms so we are doing CG at CR one night and Norcoossees the next. Nice room and a nice meal and considerably cheaper.

Where did you move to in April or did you move your trip all together?

I know what you mean! I have GF lv 5/1-3. RPC popped up with AP discount but I love love love the new rooms so we are doing CG at CR one night and Norcoossees the next. Nice room and a nice meal and considerably cheaper.
No we just cancelled everthing we would rather wait until the new rooms at GR RPC are done and the club level is updated. We rather pay full price if we had too. We enjoy relaxing in the RPC and going to the pools without the noise. It just doesn't seem right to drop 8 grand or more at this time with the noise and older rooms which are tired. Plus friends of ours who did go 3 weeks ago said that looking at all the barriers' walls and machinery while trying to relax by the pool or walk the grounds really took away from the vibes. So are plan is to book the GF RPC next April and do more summer trips to Maine's coast. (a lot less expensive) We love the GF and have stayed other places, but our heart is at the GF.

We have a reservation for an ‘outer building, lagoon view’ at the end of May. Does anyone know if the rooms for that category have been renovated at this point?

Our last room at GF (theme park view) was in rough shape and we have been utilizing other deluxe hotels but want to get back to GF.

Also, any creative ideas on how to get a suite? Zero availability online so I keep checking. Nothing on Dave’s vacation for a 1 bedroom Villa either. I can put 2 kids in my room but would prefer more space if possible.

We have a reservation for an ‘outer building, lagoon view’ at the end of May. Does anyone know if the rooms for that category have been renovated at this point?

Our last room at GF (theme park view) was in rough shape and we have been utilizing other deluxe hotels but want to get back to GF.

Also, any creative ideas on how to get a suite? Zero availability online so I keep checking. Nothing on Dave’s vacation for a 1 bedroom Villa either. I can put 2 kids in my room but would prefer more space if possible.
@oceanscape Staying in Outer Bldg - Lagoon View next month. Are all rooms in this category now the "new" rooms?
Construction updates are posted on Page 1 of this thread. If you scroll back a bit, similar questions have been answered that might be helpful. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Just keep checking the website. People do cancel but desirable rooms usually get snatched up really fast. My last couple trips I was trying to get a one bedroom villa and none ever showed up unfortunately. But my upcoming trip I did get a two bedroom villa. I also saw a two bedroom suite pop up but was a bit too much for me to switch

hi all! I will be staying at GF in a few weeks, I have a Outer Bldg - Lagoon View booked. With the current construction- not sure what buildings are available or what should I be requesting? And what is the situation with the mini fridge? It says beverage cooler- I just need it to be cold enough for milk and baby formula! Thanks all! Cant wait for our trip!
The beverage cooler should be fine as long as it’s not overloaded.

Good question. Since the Coolers are designed to be warmer than Mini Fridges, can someone at least confirm if there are ice machines in the original and Big Pine Key DVC buildings (we might just toss a couple ziplock bags of ice in there to be on the safe side)
Yes, there are ice machines in BPK.

No we just cancelled everthing we would rather wait until the new rooms at GR RPC are done and the club level is updated. We rather pay full price if we had too. We enjoy relaxing in the RPC and going to the pools without the noise. It just doesn't seem right to drop 8 grand or more at this time with the noise and older rooms which are tired. Plus friends of ours who did go 3 weeks ago said that looking at all the barriers' walls and machinery while trying to relax by the pool or walk the grounds really took away from the vibes. So are plan is to book the GF RPC next April and do more summer trips to Maine's coast. (a lot less expensive) We love the GF and have stayed other places, but our heart is at the GF.
Makes sense!

New Stairs Installed, Roofing Removed During Sago Cay Refurbishment at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

Construction has wrapped up on Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and the restaurant is back open, but work continues on guest room buildings. Crew members have been working on the Sago Cay building next to the Magic Kingdom walkway for the past several weeks.

Sago Cay Construction​

grand floridian april 2023 construction 7557

grand floridian april 2023 construction 7558

grand floridian april 2023 construction 7927

grand floridian april 2023 construction 7560 1

grand floridian april 2023 construction 7561

grand floridian april 2023 construction 7930

grand floridian april 2023 construction 7931

grand floridian april 2023 construction 7932

grand floridian april 2023 construction 7933

grand floridian april 2023 construction 7936

grand floridian april 2023 construction 7937

grand floridian april 2023 construction 7938

I did the exact same thing. Pushed it back to Christmas time after the construction for the Grand and Epcot is done

Ok everyone is making me worry about June...but I was there in October when Big Pine Key was just completed and Boca Chica was well on the way so I am hopeful because our tradition is be there for our anniversary every year.

Ok everyone is making me worry about June...but I was there in October when Big Pine Key was just completed and Boca Chica was well on the way so I am hopeful because our tradition is be there for our anniversary every year.
Try not to worry. I know it is hard, though. There is so much at GF to soak up and enjoy. The things you will see "in progress" will just give you something to dream about and anticipate for next year.

I did the exact same thing. Pushed it back to Christmas time after the construction for the Grand and Epcot is done
Our friends stayed at GF RPC and said that the construction noise and the barriers took away the enjoyment of the GF. The work on the roof while relaxing by the pools took your attention away. Plus the Poly construction did not help. Glad we saved the $$ for another time when the GF is back to normal and beutiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter