Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Here you go - pictures of Sago Cay Room 5517 - Outer Building 1 Bedroom Suite. Note that I moved the Nespresso machine on its wheeled cart from the living area to the bedroom area. It had been under the mirror near the dining table. I wanted to move it because I had someone sleeping on the sofa bed and didn't want to wake them in the morning. The wheeled cart was very handy. Disregard the rumpled bed... I hadn't taken these photos with posting in mind! Sorry no photos with the sofa bed extended, but there was plenty of room to walk between the extended bed and the TV area and it was very easy to convert back into a sofa in the morning. The "bedroom" area has a large TV. It's exactly like any outer building Garden View dormer room. Balcony view photos were in another post on this thread and were moved to Page 1 by the moderator. Balcony overlooked Gaspy's and the marina. View attachment 602739View attachment 602740View attachment 602741View attachment 602742View attachment 602743View attachment 602744View attachment 602745View attachment 602746
love that chandelier!!

I wasn’t going to say anything, but I’m happy someone did! My first thought, after seeing the picture, was if I were eating it, I’d hope that the fish doesn’t jump off the plate and attack me!! That thing is scary!!!!

That looks aweful!!!:eek:

Make that 3! I didn't say anything because I thought that was the meal from Tiffins that they liked. I must have read it wrong!

Make 3!!! I didn't say anything, because I didn't know if the p
Good afternoon fellow GF fans..
Sooooo waiting..patiently :flower:for a report from Royal Palm Club which is supposed to opening today...

@dispro hurry up and get there will ya!!!

Happy Thurday!!

Hello my friend!

Make that 3! I didn't say anything because I thought that was the meal from Tiffins that they liked. I must have read it wrong!
That IS my meal from Tiffins... for real. Of course, I know how it looks, but I loved it!!! No joke. I enjoyed it more than the Citricos Tile fish.

Whole-fried Sustainable Fish
Fermented Black Bean Sauce, Thai Green Papaya Slaw, Peanuts
$42.00

That IS my meal from Tiffins... for real. Of course, I know how it looks, but I loved it!!! No joke. I enjoyed it more than the Citricos Tile fish.

Whole-fried Sustainable Fish
Fermented Black Bean Sauce, Thai Green Papaya Slaw, Peanuts
$42.00

You're so adventurous!!! I am the type that sticks with what I know, I hate being disappointed if I go off book...lol

But I admit, I’m an adult who is scared/doesn’t know how to eat a bone-in fish served that way. 😬

Sort of silly I guess, but it’s kept me from ordering it for years now!
I learned as a small child from watching television. Grab the fish by the tail, open wide, insert fish, close your mouth, withdraw the fish.

When done correctly, it will make a xylophone noise.

Hi, i think someone posted that the gf refurb will happen soon. Trishadono maybe? Does anyone know when? Tia

So excited, GF opened up club level rooms for October 2022, I was able to get a theme park club view in main building. I did see that the grand suite was available, but that was definitely out of my budget, unless I win the lotto or get pixie dust next year lol.

I love Tiffins and have always wanted to try that fish. But I admit, I’m an adult who is scared/doesn’t know how to eat a bone-in fish served that way. 😬

So in my career, I've spent several years in various African countries. I'm in Ivory Coast right now. I get this kind of whole fried fish occasionally, and it's notoriously difficult to eat with all the little bones (or maybe I just don't know how to do it right, either). But the one at Tiffins must have been prepared specially so that wasn't really a problem. I ended up just digging into each side with my fork and getting bite sized chunks pretty easily. I know I left a bit of good meat around the head and tail, but there was plenty to satisfy regardless. I should have taken an "after" photo.

Oh, and the black bean sauce on the plate was also really tasty.

I really enjoyed the Tile Fish as well. I got the Cobia a couple of weeks ago and really loved that too.

I’m one that doesn’t really understand pork belly. Just feels like a big fatty piece of bacon to me no matter where I’ve had it. I’m sure people love it, just isn’t my thing. But I did try it at Citricos and agree it’d be a pass for me too.

The few times I’ve been to Citrico’s so far the star has been the service and atmosphere. And beverages. :-)

Down here, we use it in our beans! But a specialty is chicharrones,
which is slices of pork belly fat deep fried! 🐖
Cheaply priced, cheap to cook, but THAT price at Citrico’s?;
(or anywhere for that matter), oh NO.WAY!:headache:

Is there anyone there now or going soon who would be able to take a picture/let me know if there is coffee mate coffee creamer for sale at Sandy Cove Gifts and Sundries? When I was there in Feb 2020 they had French Vanilla available which is exactly what I am looking for and it would save me having to pack singles/instacart order some. Thank you!

We usually stay at the Poly or WL and are looking to try GF for next August. For those of you that booked a standard rooms, what building is the best as far as a nice updated room?

I love Tiffins and have always wanted to try that fish. But I admit, I’m an adult who is scared/doesn’t know how to eat a bone-in fish served that way. 😬

Our DD ordered that fish once a couple of years ago, and the server asked her if she knew how to eat it. She admitted she didn't but was going to try it anyway. The server told her not to worry and smiled. When he came back with our entrees, he literally stayed with her and taught her himself exactly how to get that fish apart, and it was much easier than any of us expected! She really enjoyed it, and we all really appreciated the time he spent with her!

We usually stay at the Poly or WL and are looking to try GF for next August. For those of you that booked a standard rooms, what building is the best as far as a nice updated room?
All the rooms look the same. Gf is due for a refurb next. Poly,WL and Cr all got theirs.

Not sure of dates though.....

Location really isn't a big deal. Gf isn't that big.

Just thought I'd mention that when we were at GF this past weekend, the mattresses were different. My DH noticed too. They were still comfortable, but they were not "OMG this mattress is the most comfortable ever" like they were before. I lifted up the sheet to look at the brand, and it was some brand I've never heard of before. I know they have to replace the mattresses periodically, but I wish they had kept the same brand. The mattresses we had over Memorial Day weekend were the super comfy ones. I wonder if they replaced them everywhere or just certain rooms?

67F90167-DDC3-4111-8C2D-8632E7B39F0B.jpegE8EB2EE5-77F5-4855-AE93-90F8AEB45339.jpeg
I wish I were still waking up to this view and great balcony! I didn’t want anyone to think I was disappointed in the Grand because of the comment on the mattresses lol. I was just surprised they were different. I have never been disappointed in a trip to GF (not even this last quick weekend trip, although I was disappointed in a few changes in RPC)! I only wish Disney would release more discounts so I could justify a trip back earlier than the week before Christmas! To all of you with upcoming trips, enjoy! I’m sure I’ll be wishing I were at the Grand when I’m at Contemporary for the 50th weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter