Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Check out this youtube video from March 2021. At the 6:50 mark, you can see a few GF items, including a tumbler and what I think is probably the mug mentioned above.
Edited, since I forgot to add the video link.

THANK YOU!! I found them both!! Definitely on my buying list in November!!

They have magnets also! I collect them from the resorts I stay at and I was able to get one there. I want to say it was from the sundries shop.
YES! I am a magnet collector too - so I'll make room for one/two of those too!

thank you!!

YEAH for merchandise! There was ZIP back in 2016 - please post a picture of your new coffee mug when it arrives!

Thank you!

It's funny you had mentioned Wilderness Lodge - we stayed there a few years back and I couldn't find a mug there - only resort that I don't have a mug!

So funny you say that I was just watching a YT video with Ryno and the Poly had so many cute items. They had a pool towel and couple of other cute items. The GF had very little and the mug is cute but the Poly and even the Contemporary had one more practical for use.

Years ago I got a great Black and Pink GF mug and they never continued making them so now its in the back of my cabinet preserved....lol

I sent my husband to get the mug because I was with my daughter someplace and it was our last day and he texted: "It's not very practical!" The Poly and Contemporary ones are much more practical! The Contemporary one has the Mary Blair art - I love it! I probably shouldn't use it either, lol!

And you're right about the Poly Merchandise - they always have cute stuff! I still use the Poly beach bag I got from our first family trip!

I couldn’t find much for merchandise at the GF last week either. I was looking for an ornament to commemorate our stay but had to settle for a wooden magnet. My daughter wanted a pin but she said the GF pin was ugly. (I didn’t see it.) Is there a way to tell them we want more resort-specific merchandise??

It's funny you had mentioned Wilderness Lodge - we stayed there a few years back and I couldn't find a mug there - only resort that I don't have a mug!

I have this Wilderness Lodge mug from our first stay in 2009 - and I LOVE IT - I use all our Disney mugs and I used this one this morning but its not used as often as others - the handle is cumbersome and I'm afraid it will break but it makes my heart happy... :lovestruc

Check out this youtube video from March 2021. At the 6:50 mark, you can see a few GF items, including a tumbler and what I think is probably the mug mentioned above.
Edited, since I forgot to add the video link.

That was definitely the mug! I didn't notice the tumblers but I didn't have a lot of time in there! With the shorter park hours, it ended up eating into our mid-day resort time, and therefore my browsing time!

I couldn’t find much for merchandise at the GF last week either. I was looking for an ornament to commemorate our stay but had to settle for a wooden magnet. My daughter wanted a pin but she said the GF pin was ugly. (I didn’t see it.) Is there a way to tell them we want more resort-specific merchandise??

I got the pin - I only saw one and it was Beauty and the Beast themed and yes, kind of ugly. Got it anyway since I try to get every resort...I looked around for ornaments too but could have missed them...

I have this Wilderness Lodge mug from our first stay in 2009 - and I LOVE IT - I use all our Disney mugs and I used this one this morning but its not used as often as others - the handle is cumbersome and I'm afraid it will break but it makes my heart happy... :lovestruc

View attachment 585656

That's adorable! But yes, I could see where it could be cumbersome to use, lol! I usually keep them on my kitchen windowsill and it makes my hear happy too! I need to go back to WL and get a mug...

If we were to request a lagoon view, what would be our best room request to maybe glimpse a bit of the castle if we craned our head a certain way? 🤣

I was thinking about requesting Boca Chica, but wasn’t sure what would be best.

I will also say...I really enjoyed the Basin White store that has all the hand made soaps and bath products. I bought some really cute Mickey themed soaps and a Villains themed body lotion for my sister who dog-sat for me. I didn't really want to get her "stuff" as she is trying to de-clutter so it was perfect!

View attachment 585656

I have that same mug! Bought it years ago on our first WL stay in 2004. Unfortunately, the handle on mine did break off. It was a clean break and my DH was able to glue it back on (you can't even tell it broke/was glued back), but I didn't want to take the chance of it breaking again so it's been in my dining room cabinet ever since :).

I have that same mug! Bought it years ago on our first WL stay in 2004. Unfortunately, the handle on mine did break off. It was a clean break and my DH was able to glue it back on (you can't even tell it broke/was glued back), but I didn't want to take the chance of it breaking again so it's been in my dining room cabinet ever since :).
I figure that's where mine will live whenever the time comes - I have heard of lots of them breaking on the handle.... :lovestruc

I will also say...I really enjoyed the Basin White store that has all the hand made soaps and bath products. I bought some really cute Mickey themed soaps and a Villains themed body lotion for my sister who dog-sat for me. I didn't really want to get her "stuff" as she is trying to de-clutter so it was perfect!

I loved it too, it reminded me of a more upscale Lush. Apologies to mousekeeping but I certainly did enjoy a bath bomb in the fancy soaker tub lol! I was heartbroken that the other bath bombs and soap I got were lost and ruined when I got home (long story but my house is a construction pit since last month and covered in about 10 inches of construction dust).

Just gives me an excuse to go back this weekend when I’m at GDT doesn’t it?

If he's reasonable then he would TOTALLY fall for that explanation!

:rotfl2: pixiedust:

(now, mine would tell me "I dont think so..."...) :rotfl2:

He loves WL, so he might! And he knows I'm obsessed with the coffee mug thing! He was a bit aggravated with me because I sent him to buy it and cut into his down time, but in my defense, I was circling back to EE at AK with our daughter because she couldn't go on it on our AK night due to thunderstorms! In general, the truncated park hours indirectly impacted my shopping ability!

He loves WL, so he might! And he knows I'm obsessed with the coffee mug thing! He was a bit aggravated with me because I sent him to buy it and cut into his down time, but in my defense, I was circling back to EE at AK with our daughter because she couldn't go on it on our AK night due to thunderstorms! In general, the truncated park hours indirectly impacted my shopping ability!
Yeah, both DH and I definitely have a Disney coffee mug "issue" - I already told him for the Nov trip I was on the lookout for another fabulous one but he just rolled his eyes..

on our last trip I bought 3!! and 2 of them he was like.."oh, I think you need this one..." gotta love the enthusiasm!!

those shorter park hours are killing me! I need Epcot to open before 11am!

I loved it too, it reminded me of a more upscale Lush. Apologies to mousekeeping but I certainly did enjoy a bath bomb in the fancy soaker tub lol! I was heartbroken that the other bath bombs and soap I got were lost and ruined when I got home (long story but my house is a construction pit since last month and covered in about 10 inches of construction dust).

Definitely! That's really too bad! Glad you got to enjoy some on your trip, however! My daughter did too, and then she shipped some kind of scrub home! It reminded me of Lush also. I thought it was a great gift because I don't think that any of the other resorts have a similar store?

Definitely! That's really too bad! Glad you got to enjoy some on your trip, however! My daughter did too, and then she shipped some kind of scrub home! It reminded me of Lush also. I thought it was a great gift because I don't think that any of the other resorts have a similar store?

It’s definitely a unique store at the resorts! Just another reason Poly & GF are my favorite resorts, I think they have the best shopping. Lots of things you can’t get just anywhere.

double post...

If we were to request a lagoon view, what would be our best room request to maybe glimpse a bit of the castle if we craned our head a certain way? 🤣

I was thinking about requesting Boca Chica, but wasn’t sure what would be best.

I have only stayed there once so there are experts on here that can better answer your question, but definitely not Big Pine Key. We had a LV there and the view was definitely more of the Poly, Beach Pool, and pine trees! Still lovely, however...here was our view...20210626_071440.jpg

The Touring Plans website can help you check out some of the views and how the buildings are situated, so that might help...

It’s definitely a unique store at the resorts! Just another reason Poly & GF are my favorite resorts, I think they have the best shopping. Lots of things you can’t get just anywhere.

Agree! I needed more time! But...another reason to go back! 20210626_071437.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter