Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We checked out our resort room and are moving over to DVC side for 3 nights. We rented a cabana for the day instead of going to AK as planned. With no FP, the lines are too long with a late morning arrival...and they opened at 7 am today. This way we can just relax today. We did get our room ready text about noon. First DVC stay...not sure what to expect, but the rooms is nice. LV deluxe studio.
Enjoy! We have a cabana res for Saturday but was on the fence about cancelling. LMK how it is!

I just got back from staying in a 2 BR Villa at the VGF. It was only my second time staying at the GF. The first time I stayed was just for a night so I was excited to enjoy more of the resort. I arrived Thursday night and the room wasn't ready until after 5pm. Not a big deal since we didn't get in until about 9pm. We had room 4107 which is a standard view but you could still see the Beach Pool. After dropping off our stuff at the room we headed over to the Enchanted Rose for an evening drink and Truffle Fries. They were both great! The room was nice and big, but it looked pretty warn. Mainly the furniture and carpet. It kinda reminds me of Boulder Ridge and I wouldn't say that's a good thing. I did love the TV's in the bathroom mirrors though. Also, the walkin showers in both rooms were incredible. Pretty sure you could fit King size bed in there.

Friday was Epcot day and we had a 8:55 reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Always one of our favorites and it did not disappoint this time. I definitely recommend the Grand Mimosa! We haded to the busses at about 10:30 and we were the only ones there. After about 20 minutes and no Epcot bus it started getting very crowded and you could no longer tell who was first or last. One thing was for certain and that was that everyone was not going to fit. We opted to Uber instead. They really need a CM at the bus station.

I used the Beach Pool in the evening and it was pretty fun. Very busy though and not quite as big as I thought it was.

Saturday was supposed to be Magic Kingdom day but after taking the Monorail to Contemporary we decided to just go home as it was just too busy. Getting on the monorail took forever in the morning. Definitely plan on delays if you have ADR's anywhere.

Enjoy! We have a cabana res for Saturday but was on the fence about cancelling. LMK how it is!
We had a really nice day. I really enjoyed having a place to retreat to and just chill out. The service runner kept our fridge full of drinks and we had snacks and brought us food and drinks from the pool bar. My hubby is now convinced “THIS” is the way to spend a day at the pool.

I should know this but I have a mental block when it comes to the main building layout. What is on the second floor above the Grand Floridian Cafe? Some sort of work going on inside. Plastic covering the windows and workers inside.

5B61C312-857E-4E7D-A95F-DBC7C71205F2.jpeg

23F28E46-4A54-4412-B11D-942728067D36.jpeg

E590F48C-9E03-49DF-9832-B5399A98343A.jpeg

3CAD6380-B1DF-45FE-B793-8AAF3D64FF1B.jpeg

I just got back from staying in a 2 BR Villa at the VGF. It was only my second time staying at the GF. The first time I stayed was just for a night so I was excited to enjoy more of the resort. I arrived Thursday night and the room wasn't ready until after 5pm. Not a big deal since we didn't get in until about 9pm. We had room 4107 which is a standard view but you could still see the Beach Pool. After dropping off our stuff at the room we headed over to the Enchanted Rose for an evening drink and Truffle Fries. They were both great! The room was nice and big, but it looked pretty warn. Mainly the furniture and carpet. It kinda reminds me of Boulder Ridge and I wouldn't say that's a good thing. I did love the TV's in the bathroom mirrors though. Also, the walkin showers in both rooms were incredible. Pretty sure you could fit King size bed in there.

Friday was Epcot day and we had a 8:55 reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Always one of our favorites and it did not disappoint this time. I definitely recommend the Grand Mimosa! We haded to the busses at about 10:30 and we were the only ones there. After about 20 minutes and no Epcot bus it started getting very crowded and you could no longer tell who was first or last. One thing was for certain and that was that everyone was not going to fit. We opted to Uber instead. They really need a CM at the bus station.

I used the Beach Pool in the evening and it was pretty fun. Very busy though and not quite as big as I thought it was.

Saturday was supposed to be Magic Kingdom day but after taking the Monorail to Contemporary we decided to just go home as it was just too busy. Getting on the monorail took forever in the morning. Definitely plan on delays if you have ADR's anywhere.

View attachment 531788
View attachment 531789
View attachment 531790
View attachment 531791

Thank you for sharing! I’m going to add the link to your room view over in the Villas board!

I do remember that Citricos was supposed to go under a partial refurbishment before the closures. I'm wondering if they're trying to finish everything, now, and that's also why them, as well as V&A, have yet to reopen?

Ok, yes, I think that is Citricos unless I'm just way off. The plastic was up all weekend and I could definitely see worker-types in there today - one popped out on a small balcony for a bit. Couldn't see what all was going on though.

Hey guys, just back from a great but different trip to the Grand and WDW.

Yes, thats Citricos and its all gutted out, renovations didn't start yet but will be very soon. We have some great friends at ER for years, we even chat in between trips and they filled me in.

Also, keep your fingers crossed for them, after finding out while I was there that they were safe from lay offs, they then found out on Saturday that they might be moved out for non-tipping roles. They don't even know what it means. They truly make my trip so special, they would be a huge loss....first the orchestra and now this!!!!

By any chance, did anyone take any walkway pictures?

No, since it was still closed, other than ones I took from the monorail that are similar to what has been posted online by various blogs.

It did look like progress on the boat docks where that path will eventually connect was coming along pretty quickly though. But it doesn't look "soon" just from current conditions.

A repeat of other reports, but figure you can't have too many reports on things since stuff can change so quickly.

The Beach Pool (GF's "feature" pool) hours are 10am-10pm at the moment. Notable and somewhat oddly, the splash pad closed at 7:30pm every night we were there. Not sure if other resorts are following suit with an earlier close for the kid's areas, but this wasn't the case with what we experienced at at Poly or WL over the summer. It was a small bummer on a busy holiday weekend.

Current Beaches Pool Bar & Grill hours. In our experience the bartenders had a bit of 'flexibility' in that 8pm bar closing time.

Like everywhere, a CM has to help with the beverages.

And the food window is closed - you order from the bar. It seemed they did have at least one walking server at both the Beach Pool and Courtyard Pool taking in-seat orders - recognized some of those folks from past trips. We met some incredible bartenders at the Beach Pool Bar over our stay - like true CM rock stars. I'm sure being a CM can't be easy right now given the incredible uncertainty surrounding pretty much everything, but we had some of the best service and fun interactions in awhile here.

The changing area is available in the restroom by the Beach Pool.

But the showers are still not available due to COVID restrictions (Disney had announced this back over the summer).

The Courtyard Pool (GF's 'leisure' pool) hours are the standard 7am-11am. This is such a great pool for a morning swim on a later flight departure day.
IMG_8530.jpeg

The four "real" cabanas at the Beach Pool get mentioned frequently, but these less so.

There is one "cabana lite" (or "Premium Seating" area, to use Disney's term) at the kids splash pad that is available to book. Comes with a small snack basket.

And there are two available to book at the Courtyard Pool:

If by any chance you do decide to cancel send me a message please! We tried to book one on Saturday but they are sold out. No pressure of course--but if you are going to cancel maybe I can get on the phone and request it before someone else nabs it :)

Trishadono, thank you for all the updated info from your stay!
Can you clarify regarding the monorail & stopping at Contemporary to walk to MK, in order to get in the front of the pre opening line-up?

How early were you able to take the monorail to Contemporary? Did the walk to Mk get you there earlier? TIA

Does anyone have a layout to the first and second floor lobbies of the main building? I would like to see where all the shops and restaurants are. Thanks!

Very weird seeing the resort so empty :(.

We checked out our resort room and are moving over to DVC side for 3 nights. We rented a cabana for the day instead of going to AK as planned. With no FP, the lines are too long with a late morning arrival...and they opened at 7 am today. This way we can just relax today. We did get our room ready text about noon. First DVC stay...not sure what to expect, but the rooms is nice. LV deluxe studio.

Hope you're having a great time! Enjoy your first DVC stay :wizard:.

I just got back from staying in a 2 BR Villa at the VGF. It was only my second time staying at the GF. The first time I stayed was just for a night so I was excited to enjoy more of the resort.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a nice trip :).

Hey guys, just back from a great but different trip to the Grand and WDW.

Glad you had a great time! :goodvibes

I guess it was a GF DIS party this past weekend? We were there too. Had a wonderful weekend, to be honest.

Glad you had another great weekend :).

I guess it was a GF DIS party this past weekend? We were there too. Had a wonderful weekend, to be honest.

So happy to hear you had a great weekend. We had amazing weather considering what all the weather apps said.

I always wanted to do more of a hotel stay, but the parks always called me in....lol But this trip we did, it was strange and wonderful. The parks were hot for us with the masks so we just went into 3 out of 4 for just an hour or two. I truly missed the fireworks but loved the cavalcades. I really hope they stay, my family made fun of me as I teared up for everyone...lol

At first the emptiness was exciting, but after awhile it was sad. We walked over to the Swan one night from EPCOT and we only saw 5 people. It did make everyone friendlier, as we all spoke about missing the crowds strangely enough.

The GF lobby was down right depressing...thank goodness for Enchanted Rose. Every night we hung out with our friends and caught up. I truly hope their all there when we return. I spoke to John Moss, we visit him every trip, I think he's in charge of the front the desk. He hates all the changes as well and did tell me that he still hopes for the return of the orchestra one day.

It was nice to see that conference people were there and we saw two small weddings while taking our walks. It was funny that any sign of normalcy made us soooo happy.

Next trip is June, I really hope the world and Disney make huge steps forward out of this disaster.

BTW - Trishadono I finally saw you at the courtyard pool. I tried to stop by and say hello but you were having such a nice conversation with the couple behind you. I waited for a minute but I didn't want to interrupt, maybe next trip. Hope you and your DD had a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter