Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Just checking on some feedback. I'm looking ahead at the 10 day weather forecast and all I see is rain. Is it just afternoon storms or is it raining all day. Is it sloppy muddy at the cabins? Should I prepare for rain boots. I have ponchos but want to make sure that will be enough. We are renting a golf cart, does most of the paths to and from cabins stay paved?
Hi! You never know with the weather here in florida. I live right next to the mouse...last week it was 80% chance of rain most days and not a drop fell. Then one day it was 10% chance and it poured for about 2 hours. If you keep a poncho on you and a towel in your golf cart you will be fine, no need for boots. The Fort is awesome! Have a great trip!

Hi! You never know with the weather here in florida. I live right next to the mouse...last week it was 80% chance of rain most days and not a drop fell. Then one day it was 10% chance and it poured for about 2 hours. If you keep a poncho on you and a towel in your golf cart you will be fine, no need for boots. The Fort is awesome! Have a great trip!
great. Thanks!

We are thinking on a mk day to leave the park and go see the lights at the campground and then head back to mk to see the fireworks! this would be on the 22nd December, how long do you think the back and forth journey will take? We thought about a carriage/wagon/golf cart rental, would this be feasible given their time slots?

To get to the TTC, take the small ferry to the CR, then take the monorail to the Epcot monorail -- really fast and a nice way to start the morning.

Tom

Thank you! Sounds like a plan. I'd rather not drive now that I am thinking about Epcot F&W, lol. We are not going to be doing anything commando so I think the only one I'll drive to will be AK our first morning there.

Hi Everyone!:wave:

Sorry to hear about the negative experiences. :( That can make for a bad vacation when you're paying Disney prices. Hopefully the issues were reported so Disney has the chance to fix the problems.

Out of the 3 visits to FW, all were perfect except for the second. There were a couple of things that weren't up to par in the cabin - bathroom wasn't exceptionally clean and there were cobwebs in 2 of the windows. So...the first thing I did was call housekeeping and politely report the problems. Within the hour, they were there and had our cabin was spotless! The rest of the trip, they did a great job cleaning.

Transportation within the park can be lengthy without a golf cart...that's for sure. I guess we've been very fortunate with buses...never had an issue. In fact, the bus service to DTD was far better (for us) than at the other resorts we've tried. Because it's FL, the boats can certainly put a kink into plans especially if there is lightening or heavy rain.

MagicalEars...you can request a loop when you do online check-in. Look at the map at the beginning of the thread and maybe it will give you an idea of where you would like to be. You will still have to check-in up front, but when you get there, all of your paper work should be completed and ready to go.

Drummerdad....can't believe that waiter chased y'all down! How nice was that?! :thumbsup2

KaTinkerbell...you'll be glad to have that golf cart:thumbsup2 I was just checking out the Crowd Calendar for the next couple of weeks, and it's looking good! 3s, 4s, 5s, and 6s.

Thanks, Heather! I know we will have a great time! I love all the parks but I'm wondering if I'll be torn between them and fun at the Fort, lol.

Heading back to FW Dec 4-8 for Mickey's Very Merry and an early Holiday celebration. Deciding what else to do. We are doing another day at the park and will probably do Animal Kingdom just because its been a while since we've been. We're also thinking about Hoop-de-Doo as well since I have never been before (I know I know). Now just have to wait. Which is always the hardest part.

Heading back to FW Dec 4-8 for Mickey's Very Merry and an early Holiday celebration. Deciding what else to do. We are doing another day at the park and will probably do Animal Kingdom just because its been a while since we've been. We're also thinking about Hoop-de-Doo as well since I have never been before (I know I know). Now just have to wait. Which is always the hardest part.

Even I did HDDR review, once lol! It is a must do. For a new adventure we are doing the Wild Africa Trek this year at AK -- it's supposed to be a lot of fun and I've heard the lunch after is really good.

Tom

Definately must Do! Great food great fun night!

We're from New Zealand and RVing our way across USA, going to be in Orlando end of September/Start of October 2015.

We are still deciding how many days to go but we are a family of 5 (2 adults and the kids will be 15,13,10) and although us adults have done theme parks in Australia, the kids never have.

So, is 6 days enough at the 4 major parks and 2-3 at Universal? We have 10-14 days in the area and this is a big chunk of our entertainment. I have read 2 days at WDW, 2 at Epcot, 1 each at the other two and we will also get the pass that allows hopping and minor attractions each day too. Am I right that those passes mean we have 14 days to use them and we don't have to go to the minor attractions the same day as the major ones?

If we book to stay here in our RV, is the location good for leaving our RV behind and getting to all the DW and Universal attractions??

We're from New Zealand and RVing our way across USA, going to be in Orlando end of September/Start of October 2015. We are still deciding how many days to go but we are a family of 5 (2 adults and the kids will be 15,13,10) and although us adults have done theme parks in Australia, the kids never have. So, is 6 days enough at the 4 major parks and 2-3 at Universal? We have 10-14 days in the area and this is a big chunk of our entertainment. I have read 2 days at WDW, 2 at Epcot, 1 each at the other two and we will also get the pass that allows hopping and minor attractions each day too. Am I right that those passes mean we have 14 days to use them and we don't have to go to the minor attractions the same day as the major ones? If we book to stay here in our RV, is the location good for leaving our RV behind and getting to all the DW and Universal attractions??
when you say minor attractions, are you meaning the water parks/downtown disney/ Disney quest?

What's the difference between preferred and premium campsites? Which loops include these? Thanks!

when you say minor attractions, are you meaning the water parks/downtown disney/ Disney quest?

Sorry, I'm a newbie and still learning the lingo. Yes, by minor attractions I mean the water parks etc... The pass we are looking at has the hopper and water park and other attractions option. So 6 days is 6 of the 4 parks anytime and 6 minor attractions. Does that make sense??

We're from New Zealand and RVing our way across USA, going to be in Orlando end of September/Start of October 2015.

We are still deciding how many days to go but we are a family of 5 (2 adults and the kids will be 15,13,10) and although us adults have done theme parks in Australia, the kids never have.

So, is 6 days enough at the 4 major parks and 2-3 at Universal? We have 10-14 days in the area and this is a big chunk of our entertainment. I have read 2 days at WDW, 2 at Epcot, 1 each at the other two and we will also get the pass that allows hopping and minor attractions each day too. Am I right that those passes mean we have 14 days to use them and we don't have to go to the minor attractions the same day as the major ones?

If we book to stay here in our RV, is the location good for leaving our RV behind and getting to all the DW and Universal attractions??

Sorry, I'm a newbie and still learning the lingo. Yes, by minor attractions I mean the water parks etc... The pass we are looking at has the hopper and water park and other attractions option. So 6 days is 6 of the 4 parks anytime and 6 minor attractions. Does that make sense??

That makes perfect since, and no need for the apologies:) Your trip sounds AMAZING in itself, but to end it at disney... that is my kind of trip.

A lot of it will depend on what kind of park person you are. If you are planning to do 6 days with parks and water parks, it will be tight, but definitely doable. I would also recommend visiting Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party while there. This will get you a 7th day in the parks, and a special event. The party ticket allows you to enter at 4pm, so you don't have a whole day, but since you can stay until 12am, you have a days worth of time spent with the special event.

We typically plan 2 days at MK, 2 days at EPCOT, 1 day DHS, and 1 day AK. Especially the age of your kids, you may find 2 days at EPCOT beneficial. The park hoppers will make it nice though, because you can go to all 4 parks in the same day if you wish. We typically have a 1/2 to 3/4 day at AK, and normally end somewhere else that night. We are sleep in and get to the parks around lunch, and then stay through EMH. Making sure you are aware of the best park to visit on that day, and scheduling out your day will also really allow you to maximize your visit.

That time of year, it may also be beneficial to get to the parks early, take a mid-afternoon break to swim or just relax, then head back at night.

There is no transportation from FW to Universal, unless you hire a car, or take a taxi.

Staying at FW will be a blast though. The campground in itself has so much character and charm. We have never stayed there, but DH and I visit every trip. We walk around looking at the different campsite, visit Tri-Circle-D ranch, and always dine at least once at Trails End. The last 2 visits, we have actually done a breakfast and a lunch there.

For an evening of fun, I also recommend HoopDeeDo Revue (HDDR). It is a BLAST!!!! It is a dinner show, and so worth every penny spent!!!

That makes perfect since, and no need for the apologies:) Your trip sounds AMAZING in itself, but to end it at disney... that is my kind of trip.

A lot of it will depend on what kind of park person you are. If you are planning to do 6 days with parks and water parks, it will be tight, but definitely doable. I would also recommend visiting Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party while there. This will get you a 7th day in the parks, and a special event. The party ticket allows you to enter at 4pm, so you don't have a whole day, but since you can stay until 12am, you have a days worth of time spent with the special event.

We typically plan 2 days at MK, 2 days at EPCOT, 1 day DHS, and 1 day AK. Especially the age of your kids, you may find 2 days at EPCOT beneficial. The park hoppers will make it nice though, because you can go to all 4 parks in the same day if you wish. We typically have a 1/2 to 3/4 day at AK, and normally end somewhere else that night. We are sleep in and get to the parks around lunch, and then stay through EMH. Making sure you are aware of the best park to visit on that day, and scheduling out your day will also really allow you to maximize your visit.

That time of year, it may also be beneficial to get to the parks early, take a mid-afternoon break to swim or just relax, then head back at night.

There is no transportation from FW to Universal, unless you hire a car, or take a taxi.

Staying at FW will be a blast though. The campground in itself has so much character and charm. We have never stayed there, but DH and I visit every trip. We walk around looking at the different campsite, visit Tri-Circle-D ranch, and always dine at least once at Trails End. The last 2 visits, we have actually done a breakfast and a lunch there.

For an evening of fun, I also recommend HoopDeeDo Revue (HDDR). It is a BLAST!!!! It is a dinner show, and so worth every penny spent!!!

Thank you for all the advice! Hubby and I have been tossing up doing 8 days or even 10 since it's only a fraction more and we do have the time so we may end up spreading the trip out a little. Do you know if the passes have 14 days to be used and the major and minor attractions don't have to be used the same day but can be spread out over the 14 days? They need to have the live chat option up and running more often and I could probably ask them directly lol

I need some help, please. We will be staying in the cabins on Christmas week. We plan do go to MK on 12/22. On this day the park opens early, at 8 am. What time do the boats start running from Fort Wilderness. I am trying to figure out what time to make our first FP+.

I need some help, please. We will be staying in the cabins on Christmas week. We plan do go to MK on 12/22. On this day the park opens early, at 8 am. What time do the boats start running from Fort Wilderness. I am trying to figure out what time to make our first FP+.

the direct boat usually starts running 30 min before the MK opens. I have found you can get to the MK earlier if you take the boat to the contemporary and walk to the MK. The Resort boats run earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter