Disney's first right of refusal

Originally posted by icy-dog
WDWGURU:
I did not understand your post. Are you saying you purchased VWL from Disney using MB for $74? I must be reading this wrong, because Disney doesn't sell sold out resorts with MB, right?

MY DH and I already have so many points, really too many, but I really want to buy BCV at the $74 MB price. I just love the resort and the pool, more than our home resorts of BWV and OKW. What I figure we will do is buy BCV now and when Disney stops this Magical Beginnings promo we will sell some of our OKW points to make up some of the money.
DVD opened up some points to sell after they had limited it to add ons. They still had some points at WLV (for anyone) last I heard.

I'll answer for DH since he's zonked out on the couch :o

We DID get MB on the VWL points from Disney. They're doing MB of $10 per point on any sale of 100 points or more at BCV and VWL, or $15 a point at HH and VB. I'm not sure if that would also be available for add-ons at BWV or OKW that come up on the waitlist.

It actually worked out nicely as our use year is September - I don't think we'd have been offered 2002 points (or the possibility of MB) if we'd waited past the end of this month. From what I've heard they won't give you past year's points if it's past six months into the use year.

We've already got everything planned and booked using current points and don't need the extra until our 2004 use year anyway, so it worked for us.

We really didn't expect them to have the points, but our guide called us back Monday and said they had 1,000 available for VWL September use year. I'm not sure how many may be left, but that's what they had as of Monday.

Originally posted by WDWguru
I'll answer for DH since he's zonked out on the couch :o

We DID get MB on the VWL points from Disney. They're doing MB of $10 per point on any sale of 100 points or more at BCV and VWL, or $15 a point at HH and VB. I'm not sure if that would also be available for add-ons at BWV or OKW that come up on the waitlist.

When I spoke to my DVC Sales Rep he said I could buy any number of points as an add on. He said new members had to buy 150 points but DVC members were ok to buy what they wanted. Thanks for the info on the VWL. I like BCV so I will probably buy there but I couldn't believe Disney is selling points at a "closed out" resort.
Marylyn

Hey GUYS,
I cannot figure out how you get "Quotes" incorporated in your posts. When I select the quotes option below a posting it just shows up as normal text when I reply. (See my post directly above this one) Now check the reply to question to WDWGURU. The one about wdwguru is separated by lines and it says "quote".
I don't want to whine but I want my posts to look like that too.
Marylyn

I think this new procedure is a way to ensure that DVD will have inventory to sell once BCV sells out and before SSR opens. They will have aquired points at sold at resorts that they can now sell. Just my 2cents worth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter