• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

We use the busses only at CSR and have found it better than other Disney resorts. We always leave for the parks for Early Entry, and have pretty much ways gotten a seat. On the way back from the parks, for any Disney resort bus, it may be helpful to wait a bit. Everyone literally is trying to leave at the same time, so you can expect a wait and some people do have to stand then.

We have stayed at CSR numerous times, and we have not had a problem with the bus. We’re not rope-droppers, so it might be different at that time of day. The only resort we’ve stayed in that the busses were an issue was at AKL. So I think you’ll be fine.

Just to piggy back on this bus conversation... I am heavily considering a stay at CSR next May. We usually have a car, but do to unforeseen circumstances we have a much tighter budget for this trip, so I'm considering dropping the rental car and being at the mercy of Disney transportation. I'm a little nervous about the bus service. Is it crazy busy? Say we wait for more off times such as later in the morning, or wait until well after nighttime shows, is it less of a hassle? I've heard so many nightmare stories about bus service that I have a lot of reservations about using it but would LOVE to cut out the cost of the car rental.
I've done trips both ways and almost always rent a car now. The bus service is easy to use and I wouldn't call it a hassle, but it IS very time-consuming. If you're used to having a rental car, you need to adjust your schedule to build in extra travel time to account for waiting for buses and the time it takes to circle through all of CSR's internal bus stops.

It does feel frustrating at times when you've been able to hop in your car and be at a park in 10 minutes in the past, but the same trip might take 45 minutes via bus. The trade-off for saving money on the rental car is having to spend more time dealing with transportation, which means you end up with a little less time in the parks or having to wake up earlier sometimes. Of course, at times you'll get lucky and an empty bus will pull up right as you get to the bus stop and you'll go straight to the park, and it'll be quick. Just give yourself plenty of travel time since you won't be that lucky every time.

Just to piggy back on this bus conversation... I am heavily considering a stay at CSR next May. We usually have a car, but do to unforeseen circumstances we have a much tighter budget for this trip, so I'm considering dropping the rental car and being at the mercy of Disney transportation. I'm a little nervous about the bus service. Is it crazy busy? Say we wait for more off times such as later in the morning, or wait until well after nighttime shows, is it less of a hassle? I've heard so many nightmare stories about bus service that I have a lot of reservations about using it but would LOVE to cut out the cost of the car rental.

We went a few months ago and had no issues with the buses. I did notice some buses skipped the tower stop on the way to the parks because they were already full. We didn’t stay at the tower so we were fine. We never waited long for a bus, always had a seat and didn’t have to wait for multiple buses before getting on.

At the end of the night we had no issues with the buses and we left at busy times multiple times. A few nights we even had chartered buses which were nice because they fit so many people and everyone gets a seat.

We are far from rope droppers and tend to stay in the parks until they close. Buses at CSR have never been an issue for us in the 4 times we stayed there, with another coming up next week, and we've only had bus issues at Yacht Club twice. Albeit coming from parks and not at the resort itself. Yes they are slower and if every minute counts for you then buses aren't for you no matter what resort you are staying in.

We don't have small kids and we don't mind waiting 10-20 minutes for a bus and taking a short air conditioned ride to any park given the central location of CSR. I would imagine the wait could get long early AM and right after fireworks but again, if you are avoiding those situations then it's not the horror story everyone seems to think it is.

Oh, and we never stay in the tower but have walked up there for the bus if we wanted to grab a snack or something in the main building. Never had a bus pass us by there either and waits were about the same as the other stops in the resort.

I was just browsing the Coronado Springs resort and spotted the information below. Does anyone what this is? I know there are conventions taking place here and we've been here with more than one convention going on but I've never seen anything like this before. This week wouldn't be a great time to be staying at CSR or GDT.

Important Information
From August 7 through August 11, 2023, dining locations at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort may be closed or have modified operating hours. Please be aware of the following modifications:
We apologize for any inconvenience. During this week, Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood and Dahila Lounge will remain open during their regular hours. Cafe Rix will offer extended hours from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM on August 7 through August 10, 2023.

Last edited:

I was just browsing the Coronado Springs resort and spotted the information below. Does anyone what this is? I know there are conventions taking place here and we've been here with more than one convention going on but I've never seen anything like this before. This week wouldn't be a great time to be staying at CSR or GDT.

Important Information
From August 7 through August 11, 2023, dining locations at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort may be closed or have modified operating hours. Please be aware of the following modifications:
We apologize for any inconvenience. During this week, Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood and Dahila Lounge will remain open during their regular hours. Cafe Rix will offer extended hours from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM on August 7 through August 10, 2023.
Where did you see that info disneydreamer781? I'm not finding it on the site but it looks like all of those places are closed when I look at dining options in MDE. We're staying there starting next week so this is somewhat worrisome if it's not convention related.

Where did you see that info disneydreamer781? I'm not finding it on the site but it looks like all of those places are closed when I look at dining options in MDE. We're staying there starting next week so this is somewhat worrisome if it's not convention related.
I just started looking at availability and it popped up but I just can't seem to find it now. It's through Aug 11 so you should be okay if you're checking in after that.

Hi again, I just found it under Coronado Springs and then select dining and it pops up.

The resort is sold out to a convention group so the restaurants closed/changed hours for this week. It is just to notify guests from other resorts about the change as no guests are at CSR this week. This will also happen in September as another group has booked the entire resort.

When a bus skips the tower, a separate bus is sent to start at the tower.

The resort is sold out to a convention group so the restaurants closed/changed hours for this week. It is just to notify guests from other resorts about the change as no guests are at CSR this week. This will also happen in September as another group has booked the entire resort.

Thanks for sharing this info, this is new to me :). I'm so glad to hear CSR/Disney did something about this. It's been a while since we stayed at GDT and will be there in a few weeks.

I've had one or two experiences there I never want to have again lol (Groups of frustrated people wanting to get to rope drop, and line cutters - not a good mix :).)

Important Information
I read in another Facebook group that PwC has the entire Coronado resort rented out for this period for a convention. So no non-convention customers are impacted by this.

Does anyone know if the rooms have the toiletries available in the showers with the pump option or are they still supplied via the mini bottles?

I read in another Facebook group that PwC has the entire Coronado resort rented out for this period for a convention. So no non-convention customers are impacted by this.
:thanks: both. I just thought it was a bit strange and it's good that other guests won't be affected.

Does anyone know if the rooms have the toiletries available in the showers with the pump option or are they still supplied via the mini bottles?

As of May 2023 the shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the shower are in a large pump bottle affixed to the shower wall. Body lotion came in a small, portable tube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter