Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

We'll be there as part of the dreaded large group of kids. (Girl Scouts National Convention in July, in case anyone wants to change their reservations ;-)
We're Disney veterans, but this will be my first time at Coronado in ages. Looking at MDE, it looks like El Mercado is the only lunch option. Is that correct? That seems odd for a convention resort. What's my best bet for getting some food in hangry tweens around lunch time?
Rix Sports Bar & Grill is open for lunch also.

There are other tour groups in January. I don't know of any cheer groups that come in January. But I do know of the Brazilian tour groups during then. I will manage my expectations by most likely staying Deluxe I guess.
Just an FYI " Tour Groups" stay at Deluxe. It's Disney World, all resorts are used for " Tour Groups" Maybe try the Four Seasons down the road. Sounds like your phrase " Tour Groups" is your Dog Whistle phrase for Racism?

Good grief, guys. Can we get back to discussing CSR?? I'll launch another question and maybe the Coronado fans will respond so we can move on.

Yesterday I added 3 more nights to my 6 night vacay. It's just me and my husband and the past 12 months have been from one extreme to another - sadness and fear to joy and hopeful. We're ready for some silly fun! Got 5 day PH's, but thought what if I added more days to actually enjoy the resort?

So I now have 4 full days of no parks. We've visited WDW about a dozen times (usually stay on site) and typically build in only 1 'day off' from the parks. Then I get home and regret that I didn't take advantage of the beautiful resorts. I've done POR, CBR, YC, BWV, BCV, Dolphin, AS and Bonnet Creek, but avoided CSR mostly because it always got "bad press". But I couldn't pass up the Disney Visa discount rate. Not staying in the tower, but requested Casita bldg 4, really not picky, though.

CSR fans, besides lounging at the pool, what else do you like to do to take advantage of this sprawling resort? I do have a dinner reservation for Toledo, but nothing else planned for the days off.

Good grief, guys. Can we get back to discussing CSR?? I'll launch another question and maybe the Coronado fans will respond so we can move on.

Yesterday I added 3 more nights to my 6 night vacay. It's just me and my husband and the past 12 months have been from one extreme to another - sadness and fear to joy and hopeful. We're ready for some silly fun! Got 5 day PH's, but thought what if I added more days to actually enjoy the resort?

So I now have 4 full days of no parks. We've visited WDW about a dozen times (usually stay on site) and typically build in only 1 'day off' from the parks. Then I get home and regret that I didn't take advantage of the beautiful resorts. I've done POR, CBR, YC, BWV, BCV, Dolphin, AS and Bonnet Creek, but avoided CSR mostly because it always got "bad press". But I couldn't pass up the Disney Visa discount rate. Not staying in the tower, but requested Casita bldg 4, really not picky, though.

CSR fans, besides lounging at the pool, what else do you like to do to take advantage of this sprawling resort? I do have a dinner reservation for Toledo, but nothing else planned for the days off.
Honestly, I just love to walk the resort paths, so pretty! A nighttime stroll is beautiful too.

Last time we stayed was June 2021 and they were starting to bring back live music at night. So fun!

My teen and adult son loved the giant chess board outside the tower and ping pong (or maybe it was cornhole or both?) by the pool. Everyone was eying the hammocks at Cabanas but we never got to that.

Takeout from Three Bridges and finding a spot outdoors - lots of choices - to eat was nice.

Dahlia Lounge and Toledo still on my wish list! We also were on the wait list for Sangria University but that didn't happen (looking recently I think they raised the price?)

I'm also the weird one who does laundry, haha

We really wanted to do a 2 night resort stay in June here, but saw the rare low price (not CSR low but close) at POR and we'd never stayed there so I think DH wants to stick with that since we've done CSR more than any other resort except Shades if Green.

The week after we swing through Orlando for a week at SOG. We may try to hit Dahlia Lounge or Toledos. We almost had it last time but they were closed 2 nights a week and our free night was one of them lol. Someday!!

I'm also the weird one who does laundry, haha

We really wanted to do a 2 night resort stay in June here, but saw the rare low price (not CSR low but close) at POR and we'd never stayed there so I think DH wants to stick with that since we've done CSR more than any other resort except Shades if Green.
I like to do laundry, too!! Especially now since we've added more days. I'd rather pack light and wash a load then pack a different outfit for every day. I bet you clean the house before you go on vacay, too!!

We've done POR several times. Fell in love when it was Dixie Landings because it was the only moderate that could accommodate our 3 kids when they were little. But our last few visits have just been me and my husband, so we have lots of flexibility. POR is a beautiful property and the theming is there but not too hokey.

I like to do laundry, too!! Especially now since we've added more days. I'd rather pack light and wash a load then pack a different outfit for every day. I bet you clean the house before you go on vacay, too!!

We've done POR several times. Fell in love when it was Dixie Landings because it was the only moderate that could accommodate our 3 kids when they were little. But our last few visits have just been me and my husband, so we have lots of flexibility. POR is a beautiful property and the theming is there but not too hokey.
LOL! I'm with ya.
You nailed it about cleaning, although I probably clean better before a trip than when I do when we're not traveling haha

I think you're going to love those extra days at CSR :)

We'll be there as part of the dreaded large group of kids. (Girl Scouts National Convention in July, in case anyone wants to change their reservations ;-)
We're Disney veterans, but this will be my first time at Coronado in ages. Looking at MDE, it looks like El Mercado is the only lunch option. Is that correct? That seems odd for a convention resort. What's my best bet for getting some food in hangry tweens around lunch time?
HI, We are staying 30 June - 19 July. I see your convention begins 18 July. Out of interest, when do people typically start arriving for this (appreciate there may well be huge conventions on throughout our stay - last year we were completely oblivious to any if any occurred). Also, i am sure we got food by the pool last year at lunch time

Our arrival will be close to 11pm. If I have groceries delivered, would Bell Services be able to deliver to our room that late in the evening?

Also, does anyone know if El Mercado has mustard/mayo packets?

We are doing our first resort-only stay this summer (outside of MNSSHP), at CSR club level (can't wait!).
Our various planned activities also include some non CSR things that we never get the chance to do during a busy park trip, but I'll note them anyway to hopefully give ideas!

CSR: Nature trail, scavenger hunt, lots of pool time, kids crafts, dockside fishing.
AKL: Animal viewing, various resort activities with the cultural representatives
Mini Golf
Tri-Circle D Ranch to visit the horses
Disney Springs (hitting up brunch on Sunday, plus obviously shopping)

Our arrival will be close to 11pm. If I have groceries delivered, would Bell Services be able to deliver to our room that late in the evening?

I think yes, based on my experience. We arrived after midnight. We had to go to desk based on text from Disney, so we asked about our grocery delivery while we were there. Bell services got the groceries, and delivered us and them to our rooms. Now, I don’t know what would have happened if we went direct to room.

Hi, all! Just booked our first stay at this resort. We've stayed at quite a few other resorts on-property and are really looking forward to trying out this one. My son has been eyeing the pool for years and is excited to try it out. We're crazy enough to go in August (yep, we have been in August before so we know) and are planning plenty of resort time to get out of the mid-day heat.

Bell Services is very nearly a 24/7 operation iirc, I have called at 5 am for luggage pickup on a split stay moving day before and had someone come within 5 minutes.

Getting close for us!! We will be arriving next week and will now be taking some first time WDW visitors aswell!! I'm excited for them for all they get to see and do and excited for me to test out my wannabe VIP touring skills lol. We were fortunate enough to find a great discount rate still available for our dates for their room. So I hear that Rix has a decent breakfast and they serve it quick? I see reservations available starting at 7am.

Bell Services is very nearly a 24/7 operation iirc, I have called at 5 am for luggage pickup on a split stay moving day before and had someone come within 5 minutes.
Nice! So you only had to call from your room at Resort #2 later that day to have your luggage brought?

Nice! So you only had to call from your room at Resort #2 later that day to have your luggage brought?
Yeah, it was really easy. The reason I called so early was because I was rope dropping AK that morning. Granted I was moving from GF to YC on that trip but the process is pretty much the same at CSR afaik. Just keep in mind that your stuff may not be at the next resort until fairly late. I lucked out and it was waiting for me at around 4pm when I got to YC from AK.

Reactions: fbb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter