Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone been to the chronos lounge recently? How is it w the recent covid surge?

We were also there for Christmas! I posted lots of pictures of the food and drink offerings over on the Club Level thread starting HERE. Hope that helps.

Yes we just got back from our stay 12/22-12/29, ask away? Tapas style food now, no Mickey waffles or scrambled eggs in the am, but still had warm frittatas and steel cut oats. Dinner was a 3 day rotation of ribeye meatballs, salmon and grouper
Oh man. Kids were looking forward to the Mickey waffles - hence why we booked the lounge so we could eat in peace.
Is that a permanent thing?

Oh man. Kids were looking forward to the Mickey waffles - hence why we booked the lounge so we could eat in peace.

Looks to be the norm, for now. We had booked CL for our upcoming stay, but ended up cancelling it due to the change in the food. With 2 younger kids, I didn't think we'd get much value for staying CL.

Not sure, I have heard other club level lounges have Mickey waffles and scrambled eggs, so maybe they will come back at some point. Our kids do enjoy the cinnamon bread, bagels, hard boiled eggs, cereals and croissants at breakfast. Lunch was limited and dinner they did have buttered noodles one night, regular pasta with ground beef and marinara sauce the other nights. For the adults the salmon bites and ribeye meatballs were amazing, and of course drinks whenever you want was nice.

92 days to go …. Getting more and more excited each day for our first stay at GDT … considered changing to either a preferred room at CSR or moving to POR to save a few bucks, but I’ve decided to stay ! It’s just looks too much like a deluxe. I struggle with the thought of going back to resorts with outside doors. Also extended our reservation from 5 nights to 7 nights !! 😬

We check into the Gran Destino Tower tomorrow morning! I can't believe this trip (after cancelling 3 times) is almost here. Is there anything I should know or definitely check out? I've never stayed here before. We are scheduled to get into Orlando at 6am, so we were planning on having breakfast at the hotel. Is there a waitlist for Rix at breakfast? I didn't want to make an ADR in case our flight is delayed.

Also, since we're taking a redeye and will only get at most 3-4hrs sleep, we were just planning on relaxing at the hotel for the day. But it's likely our room won't be ready for a while. Any recommendations on what we should? I definitely plan on getting several Spanish coffees from the Barcelona Lounge.

I'm so excited to finally see this resort in person!

We check into the Gran Destino Tower tomorrow morning! I can't believe this trip (after cancelling 3 times) is almost here. Is there anything I should know or definitely check out? I've never stayed here before. We are scheduled to get into Orlando at 6am, so we were planning on having breakfast at the hotel. Is there a waitlist for Rix at breakfast? I didn't want to make an ADR in case our flight is delayed.

Also, since we're taking a redeye and will only get at most 3-4hrs sleep, we were just planning on relaxing at the hotel for the day. But it's likely our room won't be ready for a while. Any recommendations on what we should? I definitely plan on getting several Spanish coffees from the Barcelona Lounge.

Just going for a walk around the grounds is so lovely and peaceful...you will love the tower. Enjoy those comfy chairs around Barcelona

We just completed a long weekend Tower stay yesterday. Our previous two stays had been Beach Club (DVC points rental, studio) and Poly (DVC points rental, studio). We stayed at Coronado 20 years ago (when it was a new Moderate) for our Honeymoon and wanted to stay there for this short trip. Obviously, the Tower changes a lot of elements, but its reputation as the Flagship Moderate is quite intact. Stayed in room 816 (looking over the Dig Site and property), checked in Thursday night, checked out Monday morning.

In general, we loved it. Ate at Toledo's the first night, enjoyed Dahlia's the second night, got a mobile order from Three Bridges our last night. We did eat at Rix on Friday morning (just walked in at 8 or so). We live to drive a rental car and control our destiny...I'm too old to do the busses anymore, and I'm quite happy paying $25 a day for Preferred Parking. So the Coronado was perfectly convenient, even after the wonderfulness of the Poly (Monorail and walkable TTC) and Beach Club. We really enjoyed the layout of the Tower. Yes, the old lobby (with the store and most of the dining options) is a short walk away...but it is pretty short. Walking is what you do at WDW, no big deal.

We loved Toledos quite a bit. All of the food we got was quite good as was the service and the drink options. We do miss The Pepper Market, but life goes on. Anyways, we enjoyed (and will enjoy again) renting DVC, but since Coronado tower studios (rack) are about the same as DVC studios (renting points), it'll be tough to not just hit the Coronado. I wish we had had some time to walk around the grounds (and see 7950, our honeymoon room!), but there is always next time.

We love Coronado! The last time we stayed was in June and they were just starting to bring back outdoor evening entertainment, which was fun.

We've never noticed a problem getting into Rix, we haven't done breakfast there, but since they increased capacity, anytime I checked there were almost always, if not always, ADRs. During the height of the pandemic with restricted capacity, there were fewer, but still some ADRs. I grabbed a lunch one once on the bus coming back from Disney Springs.

The grounds are beautiful, I always make it a point to go for a walk or two around the resort and take some pics day and night. We haven't used them, but there's also hammocks near the Cabanas area (maybe other areas too?) and a short walk from the tower, that looked awfully comfy watching others relaxing :). My teen/adult kids had fun playing the massive chess set too, which is just outside the back of the tower.

Have an awesome trip!!

We love Coronado! The last time we stayed was in June and they were just starting to bring back outdoor evening entertainment, which was fun.

We've never noticed a problem getting into Rix, we haven't done breakfast there, but since they increased capacity, anytime I checked there were almost always, if not always, ADRs. During the height of the pandemic with restricted capacity, there were fewer, but still some ADRs. I grabbed a lunch one once on the bus coming back from Disney Springs.

The grounds are beautiful, I always make it a point to go for a walk or two around the resort and take some pics day and night. We haven't used them, but there's also hammocks near the Cabanas area (maybe other areas too?) and a short walk from the tower, that looked awfully comfy watching others relaxing :). My teen/adult kids had fun playing the massive chess set too, which is just outside the back of the tower.

Have an awesome trip!!

Thank you so much! I love hearing so many great things about this resort. I will definitely set some time aside to tour the grounds. And the hammocks sound perfect!

Hi everyone, we stayed at Coronado last summer and had such a great time we are trying the tower this summer. My only complaint was we could not find the channel that plays the parks time and hours. It was a Coronado channel which wasn’t bad but different. In the tower can we get the Disney parks channel? We missed the music and park time reminders. Any help would be great thanks

Hi everyone, we stayed at Coronado last summer and had such a great time we are trying the tower this summer. My only complaint was we could not find the channel that plays the parks time and hours. It was a Coronado channel which wasn’t bad but different. In the tower can we get the Disney parks channel? We missed the music and park time reminders. Any help would be great thanks
Every tv in every room I’ve been in on Disney property has had that channel as the default very time you turn the tv on, you must’ve gotten a mis-programmed tv last summer

We just returned and I couldn't find it either. There was a resort channel which showed "static" pictures of all 4 parks and I think DS with their hours. But I couldn't find one which played the background music and had the rolling pictures changing from park to park.
I even mentioned to my husband I couldn't find the usual channel and missed it.

Hello - we just returned from a wonderful stay at CSR and I had the iced cold brew from the Barcelona Lounge and loved it. The description on their menu states "Featuring Artisan Roasted Joffrey’s Coffee™ " I tried to find this on their site to order but can't find a description of just Artisan Roasted. There are Jamaican Me Crazy, French Roast, Breakfast Blend and others which use Artisan Roasted as the description but not just "Artisan Roasted". I would like k-cups if available. Would anyone happen to know which one it is?
TIA :-)

Every tv in every room I’ve been in on Disney property has had that channel as the default very time you turn the tv on, you must’ve gotten a mis-programmed tv last summer

No. The Tower does not have that channel For some reason CSR doesn't get the resort channel that the other hotels have anymore.
You can click on an icon on the screen to see info about the park, but nope, no fun channel.

No. The Tower does not have that channel For some reason CSR doesn't get the resort channel that the other hotels have anymore.
You can click on an icon on the screen to see info about the park, but nope, no fun channel.

What a bummer... I do like the music for the Coronado channel just miss the other one. Wonder if there is a way for the downstairs desk to add it?

there used to be a microwave in the Rix cafe several years but i know it’s gone...is there a microwave anywhere else for guest use?

Yeah, CSR has the "new generation" TV setup that is different than other resorts. I think Riv also has the same setup but I'm not positive about that as I haven't stayed there.

I had expected the other resorts that have been renovated since GDT/CSR to also have new TV setups, but they haven't.... so... :confused3

We’ve been at the Tower for 5 nights so far, and I noticed that I can’t get a hot shower if I’m up before 7. The best I can get is room temp. Is this normal? I’ll let it run for a while and it just won’t get hot. But if I shower after 7am, it’s hot within seconds. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter