Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about upgrading from Pop to a CSR standard tower room. I'm pretty picky about the transportation aspect of the trip; what are your guys' opinion on the transportation at CSR? We're traveling at the end of April.

My generic opinion is you can have crap transportation experiences anywhere, even ones served by “efficient” non bus transportation. It once took me over an hour to get from MK to GF after a MNSSHP on the monorail. I would have paid BIG money for the now open walkway that night. But I digress.

As for CSR - I LOVE its central location to nearly everything. No bus ride is particularly long.

The downside - I don’t love these type of multi-bus stop mods. The Tower is the last stop for all theme park buses, that can sometimes work against you in these socially-distanced COVID times. I think you just need to understand the bus patterns and build in more time, frankly stuff you’d do anywhere.

While we did also drive to a few parks, our bus experience at CSR over Thanksgiving was rather uneventful. Pretty normal if I recall.

Like most resorts, the reports around here seem to ebb and flow over time. For every scathing report you’ll see some good ones.

I think I’d take CSR’s bus pinch points over Pop’s Skyliner pinch points these days. Although in some ways they probably equal each other out in terms of the downside/planning/time required.

Sorry, a bit all over the place with that advice!

I know this is a long shot but I got to know where I can find the music that is playing in the rooms. When we are in the room we turn the TV on and just relaxed to the music. Love it!

FWIW, this may or may not be on my top 5 reasons to stay at CSR list. Nothing like taking a little afternoon siesta with that lightly playing in the background.

We usually leave the resort TV scroll on at other Disney resorts since we enjoy the Disney music, but at CSR it stays on that welcome channel the whole time.

My generic opinion is you can have crap transportation experiences anywhere, even ones served by “efficient” non bus transportation. It once took me over an hour to get from MK to GF after a MNSSHP on the monorail. I would have paid BIG money for the now open walkway that night. But I digress.

As for CSR - I LOVE its central location to nearly everything. No bus ride is particularly long.

The downside - I don’t love these type of multi-bus stop mods. The Tower is the last stop for all theme park buses, that can sometimes work against you in these socially-distanced COVID times. I think you just need to understand the bus patterns and build in more time, frankly stuff you’d do anywhere.

While we did also drive to a few parks, our bus experience at CSR over Thanksgiving was rather uneventful. Pretty normal if I recall.

Like most resorts, the reports around here seem to ebb and flow over time. For every scathing report you’ll see some good ones.

I think I’d take CSR’s bus pinch points over Pop’s Skyliner pinch points these days. Although in some ways they probably equal each other out in terms of the downside/planning/time required.

Ain't that the truth!! You really can't judge a resort on transportation alone.

FWIW, this may or may not be on my top 5 reasons to stay at CSR list. Nothing like taking a little afternoon siesta with that lightly playing in the background.

We usually leave the resort TV scroll on at other Disney resorts since we enjoy the Disney music, but at CSR it stays on that welcome channel the whole time.
We do too!

Ooh I want to hear the music! Did you find it? Is it on youtube? I'll try and find it too!

Is it this? Or is it more specific to CSR?

Last edited:
Ooh I want to hear the music! Did you find it? Is it on youtube? I'll try and find it too!

It’s not that channel, CSR (and Riv) have a different TV setup, when you turn the TV on it’s more of a welcome screen that plays a different background music.

I’m sure it’s out there on the Internet somewhere although I haven’t looked. I’m weird, I don’t like to actually watch or listen to WDW/resort music at home!

I wasn't able to find it. I did find the "old" music before the Tower was built. I just like it as much as the new music.

Does anyone know the bus loop pick-up order? I know Tower is last and that's where we are staying. Thought might be worth it to walk to PU spot #1?

Speaking about Skyliner......we had dinner at Ale and Compass one night and then headed into EPCOT. On the way out we saw this line of people and couldn't figure out what it was. We finally asked and it was people waiting for the Skyliner. The line stretched all the way back past Stormalong Bay to the Lighthouse. I couldn't believe it. So people left EPCOT then had to walk all the way to the Yacht Club to get on the line for the Skyliner. This was at park closing.

We took the bus to Disney Spring to go see Raya and the last Dragon. We went to the Tower bus stop as I remember you all saying that was the first stop for Disney Springs. It was about 12:30 in the afternoon. We waited about 10 minutes and asked each bus driver when the Disney Springs bus would be there as it was just listed as "bus" on the electronic board. They said it would come every 25 minutes. We see a bus come in and it says Coronado Springs on it. I again asked the bus driver about the Disney Springs bus and he said "Oh, that's me!". I mentioned it didn't say Disney Springs on the sign and he said they don't always change the sign on the bus. Glad I asked or we would have still been waiting for the bus. Every other bus that came in had their destination on the front and back of the bus....Mk, HS, Epcot, AK.

I love the location of CSR.....since we had a car a few mornings I drove to McDonalds (about 2 or 3 miles down on Buena Vista) to get coffee. Only the drive thru was open.

MJ

Does anyone know the bus loop pick-up order? I know Tower is last and that's where we are staying. Thought might be worth it to walk to PU spot #1?

It’s normally Casitas, Ranchos, Cabanas, Tower for the theme parks (the opposite for Disney Springs).

Speaking about Skyliner......we had dinner at Ale and Compass one night and then headed into EPCOT. On the way out we saw this line of people and couldn't figure out what it was. We finally asked and it was people waiting for the Skyliner. The line stretched all the way back past Stormalong Bay to the Lighthouse. I couldn't believe it. So people left EPCOT then had to walk all the way to the Yacht Club to get on the line for the Skyliner. This was at park closing.
Product of Covid World Gondola restrictions.

This is why I kind of chuckle a bit when I see people say Disney should start their nighttime shows - “if SeaWorld can do it, Disney can/should too....”.

What you saw is becoming a nightly occurrence and that’s just regular old park closing... no nighttime entertainment to speak of.

Disney transportation just cannot handle much more at those peak times given current social distancing transportation procedures, in my humble opinion.

Granted reports are that line continually moves - but still - back to the YC lighthouse is WAY back there!

It’s not that channel, CSR (and Riv) have a different TV setup, when you turn the TV on it’s more of a welcome screen that plays a different background music.

I’m sure it’s out there on the Internet somewhere although I haven’t looked. I’m weird, I don’t like to actually watch or listen to WDW/resort music at home!

Yes, its more of a soft jazz or even spa like playlist. I remember similar at the Quiet Cove Pool on DCL. Very relaxing.

MJ

Something I noticed today, CSR now has direct bus service to Blizzard Beach. All other resorts (except for All Star Movies) require a transfer at DAK to get to Blizzard Beach.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/bus-transportation/
Getting to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park from a Disney Resort Hotel
  • Bus service is available to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park directly from Disney's All-Star Movies Resort and Disney's Coronado Springs Resort.
  • From all other Disney Resort hotels, please take the bus to Disney’s Animal Kingdom park and then transfer to the bus to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park.
  • Bus service to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park begins 45 minutes prior to water park opening.
  • Bus service from Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort and Disney's Coronado Springs Resort ends one hour after water park closing.
  • Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park remains closed at this time.

And this has been added to CSR’s reopening page on Disney’s “Know Before you Go” info: Bus transportation is available from this Disney Resort hotel to the Disney theme parks, Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park and the Disney Springs area

I got back Sunday night from a split stay between Pop & CSR. Overall I found the resort to be quiet and peaceful. My only complaint (if I had one) would be that when we arrived mid-day (1:30ish) from AK that it took a while to get us a room. In the grand scheme of things that's minor. I knew going into the stay that the refillable mugs wouldn't be available so we didn't get them at Pop earlier in the trip. I would definitely stay again, hopefully when more dining options are open (again, I went in knowing what was open).

Can someone tell me if the bus stop for the Tower is divided with some to the right and some to the left of the front door? On the map there is covered walkway on both sides. Is there a separate waiting area depending on which park you are going to?

Can someone tell me if the bus stop for the Tower is divided with some to the right and some to the left of the front door? On the map there is covered walkway on both sides. Is there a separate waiting area depending on which park you are going to?

The left goes to the Magical Express busses. The right goes to the parks/DS busses. Yes, there are separate waiting areas for the parks/DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter