Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds terrible. I think I read they are there until Monday? Have you considered changing resorts?

I asked my husband but he’s cheap and said no. We are sitting at the pool and it’s packed. We have to be the only non cheer people here. The parents just hang out in huge groups and then the teens in their own huge groups taking selfies. It’s not like they’re just hanging out with their families.

Last edited:
We were just there end of April and I am traveling back with family Memorial week. The only AP rate was preferred. Have always booked a standard. Anything in particular to keep in mind or request for this area?

Thanks

We were just there end of April and I am traveling back with family Memorial week. The only AP rate was preferred. Have always booked a standard. Anything in particular to keep in mind or request for this area?

Thanks

Casitas 3 is closest to bus stop 2 and the quiet pool, if either are important to you. We stayed in 3 in February and only requested top floor (which we got).

I’m really trying to be positive about the cheer competition guests but it is becoming increasingly frustrating. I feel like the unwelcomed guest at the cheer competition. Everyone around us is cheer. They travel in huge groups and the lines for food and busses are outrageous. Ugh, I really tried to go in optimistic but I’m regretting it. I know they paid to be here just like did. I just wish Disney could spread them out more.
I'm so worried about this for our stay in December during Pop Warner. I feel your pain. :(

I'm so worried about this for our stay in December during Pop Warner. I feel your pain. :(

I’ve read mixed things about the groups. I heard some people say it wasn’t a big deal. I went in thinking people were just grumpy. I’ve had my fair share of experience working in hotels, restaurants. I am not a complainer. This was truly awful. Literally everywhere we turned were cheer people, large groups of women surrounding the bar so I couldn’t even approach it, moms lining up the entire length of the pool dipping their toes in. Teens taking selfies. I have never seen anything like it. Inappropriate conversations on the pool slide with my young kids. My husband was telling girls to stop cutting the lines.

Anyways, after I was unable to get near the bar and after going to El Centro the lines were unbareble. I asked for the price to move to another resort and they ended up comping a move to FQ. The manager seemed to understand. I swear most of the people at the resort had to have been cheer.

I learned my lesson to avoid sports groups. I would go back to csr! Just not when the sports groups stay. Business people are fine because they don’t travel in groups of 20-30.

Last edited:
We booked a standard room for the last week of June. In the online check-in, the only location option I got was Cabanas, so I chose that. Is that a good choice given the location of the new tower? We don't want to be in a construction zone, but by then I'm assuming it would be done. Ideally, we want to be close to the pool because we plan on doing plenty of swimming.

I’ve read mixed things about the groups. I heard some people say it wasn’t a big deal. I went in thinking people were just grumpy. I’ve had my fair share of experience working in hotels, restaurants. I am not a complainer. This was truly awful. Literally everywhere we turned were cheer people, large groups of women surrounding the bar so I couldn’t even approach it, moms lining up the entire length of the pool dipping their toes in. Teens taking selfies. I have never seen anything like it. Inappropriate conversations on the pool slide with my young kids. My husband was telling girls to stop cutting the lines.

Anyways, after I was unable to get near the bar and after going to El Centro the lines were unbareble. I asked for the price to move to another resort and they ended up comping a move to FQ. The manager seemed to understand. I swear most of the people at the resort had to have been cheer.

I learned my lesson to avoid sports groups. I would go back to csr! Just not when the sports groups stay. Business people are fine because they don’t travel in groups of 20-30.

We left there just as all the cheer groups started coming in a couple weeks ago. As in, they were there for the last couple days of our stay at CSR.

But, I could see/hear how it was starting to go. And, quite frankly (even though we were enjoying our WDW visit----first one in 8 years or so) we were happy to be leaving at that time. The cheer groups greatly impacted the dining areas/pool/buses. Not to mention the impressive noise they made when passing by the room in the morning on our last 2 mornings.

Last edited:

We left there just as all the cheer groups started coming in a couple weeks ago. As in, they were there for the last couple of our stay at CSR.

But, I could see/hear how it was starting to go. And, quite frankly (even though we were enjoying our WDW visit----first one in 8 years or so) we were happy to be leaving at that time. The cheer groups greatly impacted the dining areas/pool/buses. Not to mention the impressive noise they made when passing by the room in the on our last 2 mornings.
I am going to talk to my family about changing resorts. I'm seriously heartbroken to do so because I love CSR. I was hoping that they may not choose CSR to house them this year due to the Tower being brand spanking new...but maybe I need to be looking at POR. :(

I am going to talk to my family about changing resorts. I'm seriously heartbroken to do so because I love CSR. I was hoping that they may not choose CSR to house them this year due to the Tower being brand spanking new...but maybe I need to be looking at POR. :(

Check the POR thread first. I know Pop Warner kids used to stay there.

I guess it would depend on when you are going (is it at the time of an event?).

CSR is a terrific resort. And we really enjoyed the first part of (most of really) our week, the last couple days changed significantly.

A very obvious observation was our last morning there. We have a habit of stopping by our resort's food court for breakfast before hitting the road to come home. We did the same on our CSR departure day. But upon walking up to the El Mercado, we realized we would NOT be having a bite there. Insanely busy with tons of matching uniformed cheer/dance teams. No blame intended (they have to eat too). But it was a no-go for us there (nary a spot to even sit). So, we jumped ship and headed over to POR for a bite. Much more pleasant.

I guess it would depend on when you are going (is it at the time of an event?).

CSR is a terrific resort. And we really enjoyed the first part of (most of really) our week, the last couple days changed significantly.

A very obvious observation was our last morning there. We have a habit of stopping by our resort's food court for breakfast before hitting the road to come home. We did the same on our CSR departure day. But upon walking up to the El Mercado, we realized we would NOT be having a bite there. Insanely busy with tons of matching uniformed cheer/dance teams. No blame intended (they have to eat too). But it was a no-go for us there (nary a spot to even sit). So, we jumped ship and headed over to POR for a bite. Much more pleasant.
We are going the very week of Pop Warner. I had no idea when I booked that it was that week and unfortunately due to one of our people's college schedule...this is the time...or we could do the following week...but holiday crowds start to ramp up evidently the next week. I don't know what to do.

I know people say it’s a convention resort so large groups are expected but I think the nature of sports groups is different than business. When you have huge groups of girls and their extended families all doing everything on a schedule together it over crowds easily. When people are on business they do stuff in small groups or alone, it doesn’t have a huge impact.

This will be our first time at CSR and our first time pulling off a split stay due to horrible choices for flight times. We are staying one night at pop and transferring to CSR tower (2 rooms 6 ppl) 9 nights we are using ME

My thoughts were to pack swimsuits in carryons let the kids (3, 9,13) swim at pop and just hang out let mom & dad recoup from stress of first time flying with our high strung 3 year old lol I have always been curious about the pop/ values so figured this was a great opportunity to get a feel for what they are really like.

Not sure what to do - *give pop our luggage and they will transfer it over no issues, which would be great right.... but then it dawned on me I have to check in at CSR tower before we go to MK duh! For our tickets to work. Thinking I should take a tax with all our luggage to CSR check in and hav3 them hold our luggage until the room is ready. ( FYI I don’t pack light I with probably have 6 suitcases)

I have a 10:20 reservation at crystal palace on our check in day.( our plan is to stay the day at MK) What would be your plan of attack with your luggage if you were in my shoes.....

Help please ..... what would you do?

Anyone here yet what the square footage of the tower rooms are yet?

This will be our first time at CSR and our first time pulling off a split stay due to horrible choices for flight times. We are staying one night at pop and transferring to CSR tower (2 rooms 6 ppl) 9 nights we are using ME

My thoughts were to pack swimsuits in carryons let the kids (3, 9,13) swim at pop and just hang out let mom & dad recoup from stress of first time flying with our high strung 3 year old lol I have always been curious about the pop/ values so figured this was a great opportunity to get a feel for what they are really like.

Not sure what to do - *give pop our luggage and they will transfer it over no issues, which would be great right.... but then it dawned on me I have to check in at CSR tower before we go to MK duh! For our tickets to work. Thinking I should take a tax with all our luggage to CSR check in and hav3 them hold our luggage until the room is ready. ( FYI I don’t pack light I with probably have 6 suitcases)

I have a 10:20 reservation at crystal palace on our check in day.( our plan is to stay the day at MK) What would be your plan of attack with your luggage if you were in my shoes.....

Anyone here yet what the square footage of the tower rooms are yet?

I haven’t done a split stay, so can’t help you with that. But last month I did an online chat with a CM and they told me the standard tower rooms will be 375 square feet. As we know, CMs don’t always give out correct info, so I am anxiously waiting for those staying in early July to report back!

Not sure what to do - *give pop our luggage and they will transfer it over no issues, which would be great right.... but then it dawned on me I have to check in at CSR tower before we go to MK duh! For our tickets to work.

No, you do not need to do that. You will be able to go from Pop directly to MK if you'd like. Unless you have some special kind of tickets or something.

Send luggage from Pop to CSR, get on the MK bus at Pop and enjoy the day with no lost park time. Later in the afternoon, hop on the bus to CSR, check in/go to room, call Bell Services and ask them to bring your luggage, freshen up for the evening and enjoy the rest of your trip.

No, you do not need to do that. You will be able to go from Pop directly to MK if you'd like. Unless you have some special kind of tickets or something.

Send luggage from Pop to CSR, get on the MK bus at Pop and enjoy the day with no lost park time. Later in the afternoon, hop on the bus to CSR, check in/go to room, call Bell Services and ask them to bring your luggage, freshen up for the evening and enjoy the rest of your trip.
That is awesome!!! Thank you so much for the info!!! I have been stressing that I have to physically go to the resort to check in. It will make life so much easier if I don’t have to.

I haven’t done a split stay, so can’t help you with that. But last month I did an online chat with a CM and they told me the standard tower rooms will be 375 square feet. As we know, CMs don’t always give out correct info, so I am anxiously waiting for those staying in early July to report back!
I was hoping that they would be pushing close to 400 square ft. We are booked for July 18-27 can’t wait to report back!

That is awesome!!! Thank you so much for the info!!! I have been stressing that I have to physically go to the resort to check in. It will make life so much easier if I don’t have to.

You're welcome. I hope you have a Magical trip! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter