Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called twice and got two CM's who said for the room discounts, there was a minimum night stay. One CM booked 6 nights then sent it over to Guest Relations to have them drop a night. They could do it, but it brought it back up to rack rate and was as much to stay for 4 nights as it was for 6 at the discount. We ended up booking through a 3rd party site.

Oh that's really interesting, I'll have to keep that in mind. Glad you were able to get it worked out though!

I hadn't either, thats why I called back to talk to someone else. But that is what they both said. The CMs said that the minimum stay wasn't for all resorts, but some do have them.

When I would search for the current room discount or the passholder discount for June 28-July 2 (and June 28-July 3), the only room that came open was the Junior King Suite. If the dates were changed to June 28-July 4, standard rooms came open for $167 a night. When I called and they booked it, then tried to drop off a night, the price went back up to $230 per night.

The Reservation CMs are wrong. When booking the 25% or AP discounts for those dates it clearly states 1 night minimum.

Your issue is that they (Reservations) aren't able to modify discounted reservations like they used to. You can no longer just drop or add days. The exact dates have to be available with that discount or you stand to lose the discount. If you book 7 nights but change to 5, there has to be a 5 night 25%/AP reservation available. You can't just drop 2 nights off the existing reservation. Reservations will want to cancel your original discounted reservation and rebook under rack rate.

Guest Services are the only ones that can override the system to modify discounts, and it's solely at their discretion (like emergencies, etc). But it's difficult to get through to them.

All I can say is that I was able to apply discount to existing package reservation for 4 nights. My sister was able to do it for a 2 night package and I was able to apply it to a room only reservation.

Just got to the Coronado for our first visit! We had booked a water view but after 24 hours on a train, we got here at 11 and they offered us a preferred room - casitas building 1, 4th floor. We jumped at it though hubby was a little disappointed not to be near main pool. But we're so happy to be able to shower! Hope this was a good decision. Now to explore!

We are newbies to getting groceries delivered to a resort. We're thinking of placing a garden grocer order (water, snacks and beer if it's allowed) for our upcoming summer trip. Will CSR charge us a handling fee? Any experiences or recommendations?

We are newbies to getting groceries delivered to a resort. We're thinking of placing a garden grocer order (water, snacks and beer if it's allowed) for our upcoming summer trip. Will CSR charge us a handling fee? Any experiences or recommendations?

You might look at Instacart (first delivery is free) or Amazon Prime (great prices, free delivery). You meet them in the lobby during a scheduled time so no handling fees from the resort there. Not as convenient as having them dropped at bell services then delivered of course.

We use Garden Grocer every trip. There is no resort charge. They will leave your order with bell services. GG service is excellent.

We use Garden Grocer every trip. There is no resort charge. They will leave your order with bell services. GG service is excellent.
Thanks so much!! Do you know if we can get beer through them too? We're going to miss our Coronas with lime this time without the BC lounge:(

The Reservation CMs are wrong. When booking the 25% or AP discounts for those dates it clearly states 1 night minimum.

Your issue is that they (Reservations) aren't able to modify discounted reservations like they used to. You can no longer just drop or add days. The exact dates have to be available with that discount or you stand to lose the discount. If you book 7 nights but change to 5, there has to be a 5 night 25%/AP reservation available. You can't just drop 2 nights off the existing reservation. Reservations will want to cancel your original discounted reservation and rebook under rack rate.

Guest Services are the only ones that can override the system to modify discounts, and it's solely at their discretion (like emergencies, etc). But it's difficult to get through to them.

I just know what they told me. The room wasn't avaliable for 4 or 5 nights, but it was for 6 at the discounted rate. We tried booking it that way first, then the Reservation CM booked it the other, got Guest Relations on the line, and they dropped the night (but also dropped the discount). We ended up just booking through Cheap Tickets and with an extra discount code, got it even cheaper.

Which buildings have the bathroom/wall refurbishments been completed in? Do we have an estimated completion date on those? Or was this last years information I was reading elsewhere? LOL

Any current updates on CSR rehab ? where they're at, what's been completed to date? We go in 4 weeks and we're curious. Thanks

Another construction question... any ideas how bad it will be the last week of June? We booked a last minute trip and have never stayed at csr so not too sure what to expect.

We just arrived late last night. The a/c isn't working properly in room. They had someone come up to fix it but it only cooled down one degree. I was tossing & turning all night because it's so uncomfortable in here. So, I got only a few hours of sleep. I am so mad. I'm paying peak level prices for this room because it's Easter weekend. Today is our first park day and I'm going to be exhausted. The manager did comp us FPs & a $50 food court credit. But I just want another room.
Ugh. This is so unacceptable.

We just arrived late last night. The a/c isn't working properly in room. They had someone come up to fix it but it only cooled down one degree. I was tossing & turning all night because it's so uncomfortable in here. So, I got only a few hours of sleep. I am so mad. I'm paying peak level prices for this room because it's Easter weekend. Today is our first park day and I'm going to be exhausted. The manager did comp us FPs & a $50 food court credit. But I just want another room.
Ugh. This is so unacceptable.

Will they be able to move you today, tomorrow or another day? If you're not satisfied, get it resolved while you are still there. Be nice, but be firm and persistent. Don't wait until you get home.

Will they be able to move you today, tomorrow or another day? If you're not satisfied, get it resolved while you are still there. Be nice, but be firm and persistent. Don't wait until you get home.

Yes. I will do that!
Do you think if we have all of our luggage packed up they would move our stuff to another room while we are at the park?
Last night when I asked for a new room they said resort is full. Do they ever send someone to a different resort? I just don't want to spend another night sweating.

Can anyone advise what the actual work being done at CSR is? I know they demolished a section and are adding a tower, but are there other refurbishments in addition to that? We'll be taking a group in late August for their first trip. We decided CBR was undegoing too much construction, so are now considering CSR. My main concerns are whether Pepper Market and the Dig Site pool will be open? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter