Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started reading this thread as we just switched our upcoming reservation from CBR to Coronado SPrings....Can someone clarify for me about the tubs at Coronado? Are they all being replace with showers? Are there still rooms with tubs and if so which buildings? Not having a tub would be a disaster for us....

If you don't get a refurbed room you will get the standard tub. In 2013, they conducted an email survey after my stay about the new bathroom configurations being remodeled. They showed the new showers but it also showed bathing in it. The showers would hold about 4-5 inches of water for bathing young children. I can't really tell in the recent photos surfacing if that is possible. Once 7A opens, more reports will tell. According to recent reports, the rooms in 7A will be complete real soon.

Got back late Tuesday night after a 6-night first time stay at CSR. The resort is very lovely. Booked standard (and requested Casitas 4) but stayed in Casitas 5 with a wonderful lake view and an across the lake view of the demolition of Business Class. I walked a few times from Casitas to the Dig Site and then to El Centro. As soon as I crossed the bridge in front of Cabanas, the construction noise was quite loud. If construction noise bothers you, I'd avoid Cabanas. Demolition was progressing quickly. It was behind the building on Friday and to the front by Tuesday and they were working on Saturday.

I'm thinking Ranchos, when rehab is finished, will be the furthest from the major construction. Casitas 4 sits closer to the parking lot than the lake and is probably one of the quieter, construction free zones at this time. Requesting parking lot views, which are away from the lake, would also be quieter -- although not as pretty. I loved seeing the lake every time I stepped out.

I have a bum knee, so I found the walk from Casitas 5 to El Centro to be longer than I'd like. I did try to take the Disney Springs bus from El Centro back to bus stop 2 (close to Casitas 4) but the wait was over 40 minutes! Getting from Casitas to El Centro was much easier because theme park buses are much more frequent. It was also raining when we arrived and I really missed interior hallways!

I was with my DIL for the Princess rD event, so it worked very well for us with lots of food options, a spa, the sliding doors to the bathroom area and lovely areas to sit outside when the other was napping. The more adult atmosphere was quite good for an adult girls trip. But we both agreed we wouldn't choose CSR if it was a trip with the kids/grandkids -- it just doesn't have the kid appeal of AKL, WL and AoA or even POP.

After a couple of days, I realized the area outside the door to Maya and the Pepper Market to the lake is a smoking area. Thankfully there were only a couple of smokers during our time there. Otherwise I would've hated having to walk through a smoking area to get to dining and it would've given me a much more negative response to CSR.

Overall it's a pretty resort with lots of walking. The business crowd is very noticeable -- even more than when we stayed at the Dolphin. I personally prefer the smaller footprint resorts, so WL and POFQ remain my personal favorites.

If you don't get a refurbed room you will get the standard tub. In 2013, they conducted an email survey after my stay about the new bathroom configurations being remodeled. They showed the new showers but it also showed bathing in it. The showers would hold about 4-5 inches of water for bathing young children. I can't really tell in the recent photos surfacing if that is possible. Once 7A opens, more reports will tell. According to recent reports, the rooms in 7A will be complete real soon.
Yeah but they did choose that option after the test rooms. Some rooms will have a real tub and some won't. How they will be laid out is still to be determined. Whether king has shower and standard has tub.

Well, we WERE booked at CSR. My kiddos have always wanted to stay in the pirate rooms at CBR, but we never could justify the cost. But, since they've offered the gift card to CBR guests, we decided to move over there for our trip. :sad: I'm sad I won't be at my favorite resort, but my babies will be excited. I'll definitely be making a trip over to CSR to eat at Pepper Market, though! :teeth:

I really can't believe at a theme park resort, where there will be families with young children, that they would take out a tub. I really thought when the PP first mentioned the new room that it must be an accessible room. We have stayed there several times, and kids took baths when they were young. I get the grossed out factor for some, but at least w/tub and shower combo you have a choice. DD did not like water pouring on her head, and took baths up until she was around 10. She actually soaked her head in the tub for a while there after keeping hair in for 3 days after BBB!princess:

WDW has 25+ different resorts to stay at. No reason why all of them have to accomodate young children. They have lots of rooms for all types of guests.

We're going in mid-May for a couples trip, too! May 12-15.

How long did 7A take? Two months? Trying to guesstimate if another building will be done in May or not yet.

7A isn't complete yet, but it is right about 2 months. You'll be cutting it close.

I'll be there on the 20th just for a night. My business class reservation for 21-27 got moved to AKL CL. So, I added a night on the front end because I needed my CSR fix. Still haven't decided if I want to request 7A. I have a few more days to decide, but first I wanted to see if they would be done. It's possible I could be one of the first in the room. That's kinds cool!!

We just moved from a two night stay at CSR to BWI for a split stay. We were in Cabana 8A, room 8127. We got the room ready text around 12:30 while we were still on the road down, first time ever. It was a nice location, sort of a garden view/lake view. I got up both mornings bright and early and walked around the resort. The construction is no problem, all walkways open. We ate a late supper Sunday night at the food court and were very disappointed. The food was cold and the service slow. We rarely eat at food courts, but we had been driving all day then at AK and just too tired to care. All and all we enjoyed the stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay again, even with the construction.

7A isn't complete yet, but it is right about 2 months. You'll be cutting it close.

I'll be there on the 20th just for a night. My business class reservation for 21-27 got moved to AKL CL. So, I added a night on the front end because I needed my CSR fix. Still haven't decided if I want to request 7A. I have a few more days to decide, but first I wanted to see if they would be done. It's possible I could be one of the first in the room. That's kinds cool!!

Go for it! I'm always a sucker for new or newly refurb'd rooms anywhere, let alone at Disney! Nice upgrade to AKL, too. I'm debating CSR King or AKL Standard. It makes me a little nervous not to be able to guarantee a king at AKL...especially once I looked at the room maps on TouringPlans. There aren't a lot of standard rooms to begin with, and even fewer kings!

Just booked one night at the end of our stay in May(added on because of cheaper flights on the next day) We have two little girls(4 and 2.5)....we will be at MK all day, BOG dinner at 6 and probably head over to CSR afterwards. We have reservation for breakfast at Boardwalk at 10AM on the day of checkout and will most likely need to catch Magical Express bus to the airport about 2PM so we most likely won't be swimming :sad:. So we will be there one night and briefly in the AM. Recommendations on where to request a room? Is there a bus that takes you from CSR to Boardwalk area? Full bath isn't a necessitty...(my kids aren't dirty lol just used to showers) so if the new rooms are being recommended and seem in decent approximation to buses that might be an good option! Thank you in advance and sorry if repetitive topic - I tried to read through many posts but have trouble piecing it all together!:thanks:

Just booked one night at the end of our stay in May(added on because of cheaper flights on the next day) We have two little girls(4 and 2.5)....we will be at MK all day, BOG dinner at 6 and probably head over to CSR afterwards. We have reservation for breakfast at Boardwalk at 10AM on the day of checkout and will most likely need to catch Magical Express bus to the airport about 2PM so we most likely won't be swimming :sad:. So we will be there one night and briefly in the AM. Recommendations on where to request a room? Is there a bus that takes you from CSR to Boardwalk area? Full bath isn't a necessitty...(my kids aren't dirty lol just used to showers) so if the new rooms are being recommended and seem in decent approximation to buses that might be an good option! Thank you in advance and sorry if repetitive topic - I tried to read through many posts but have trouble piecing it all together!:thanks:

No bus from CSR to Boardwalk area. What would be easiest is to take the bus from CSR to Studios (it's a short ride!), then either take a Friendship boat from Studios to Boardwalk or walk the path - it's not quite a mile and it's a lovely walk! Of course, with young children the boat might be your better option! :thumbsup2

Keep in mind too that if you are walking, or taking a boat from HS to Boardwalk, that you'll need to factor in the extra time. The boats, though enjoyable, are very slow.

Keep in mind too that if you are walking, or taking a boat from HS to Boardwalk, that you'll need to factor in the extra time. The boats, though enjoyable, are very slow.

True, it's 25 minutes from the time it leaves the Studios dock till it arrives at the Epcot dock - with 3 stops along the way (Swan/Dolphin; Yacht/Beach; Boardwalk). It's only about 10 minutes on the Friendship from Studios to Swan/Dolphin - an easy walk to the Boardwalk from there!

Returning to CS in July. Chose CS because it is the only moderate with a gym & I must do cardiac rehab. Stayed in Casitas 3 last year, only a stones throw from the gym, per my request. It was perfect! Can anyone tell me where the construction/room refurbs will most likely be during July and what buildings have been completed?
I don't want to be a 10 minute walk to the gym, as I already have to do 40 minutes at the gym...I don't want to add any more additional time to it than I have to.
Thanks for any info.

@Classickat - You'll be fine in Casitas.

Rehab should still be in Ranchos (6A or 6B), unless they change course and do Cabanas to keep all the work contained to one area. There will also be construction where 9B used to be.

We are thinking of staying here on our next trip. One thing I'm concerned about is that someone said the pool bar (Siesta Cantina?) is not always open for breakfast. Allears lists them as having a breakfast menu. I think we would like to stay close to the dig site, but we would be staying off season (Sept.). Do you think it would be open in Sept as this would make life easier and more attractive to stay in Ranchos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter