• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know. In this case I have a feeling that Disney is holding the rooms back. It seems odd that one day all room categories were available and the next there is no availability in any room category. I doubt that all of those rooms sold out in that short time period so far out in advance.

I agree with you. CSR is a huge resort, lots of rooms. I also think they are holding the rooms.

I have stayed at the Coronado 10 different times. I've only had 1 upgrade--
I was on a solo trip, booked 3 nights standard & was given a room in Casitas 3
with a great view of the lagoon. And my room was really close to the main
buildings. I was pretty happy! :)
My room requests have been sucessful about 1/2 the time.

Probably a silly question, but do they ever upgrade rooms?

Upgrades really only happen when it's a benefit to the resort or perhaps an extenuating circumstance. Because of conventions and the rooms being upgraded, I would say they probably have less to work with than usual.

Good to know. In this case I have a feeling that Disney is holding the rooms back. It seems odd that one day all room categories were available and the next there is no availability in any room category. I doubt that all of those rooms sold out in that short time period so far out in advance.

People change their reservations all the time and open up new rooms. Heck, my last trip I changed resorts 3 times before I finished. I'm always looking for discounts.

We were booked for mid May at POR in a Royale river view room and yesterday I was looking at rooms in case something came up. Found "Sun and Fun" Specials and got Coronado Springs for $154 for a standard room. Saves us ove $400. Also got a discount at Art of Animation. I am going to request a newly remodeled room and hope for the best. I like the Rancho's section best and hear that is where the remodel will start. There were some other great deals too.

Has anyone every had an experience like this where rooms were unavailable and then opened up later? If so, about how far out from check-in did they become available (if you can remember)?

Absolutely and there's no way to tell. But you can always change your reservation if you see a room you want more than the one you've got (i.e.better rate, different resort, etc.) In August, we booked Yacht Club for five days, but I kept running searches on the WDW website and eventually (and unexpectedly) rooms became available at CSR at a really good rate that hadn't been there before. The rate was so good, we ditched YC for CSR. This may be easier to do with a room-only reservation vs. a package reservation, I don't know. We're always room-only since we're APs and don't do a dining plan.

We stayed at Coronado Sprigs for the first time over the Christmas holidays and it was very nice. The bus transportation was just okay..... with exception of the peak times to the Magic Kingdom. It was pathetic!

Cabana 9b is closed and all reservations through March have been moved to deluxe club level resorts. At this time, there are no plans to reopen it. Rumor has it that it will be torn down for a new project.

We stayed n Cabanas, building 9B during our trip 12/24 to 12/31 and our room was totally refurbed already. Room 9554.

I have posted some trip reports on my blog with a couple of days left to write..... but I wanted to thank everyone that has helped on this thread. It made our trip easier.

We stayed n Cabanas, building 9B during our trip 12/24 to 12/31 and our room was totally refurbed already. Room 9554.

I have posted some trip reports on my blog with a couple of days left to write..... but I wanted to thank everyone that has helped on this thread. It made our trip easier.

That would be incredibly surprising as that's the room we stayed in during our trip in October. It was in good condition other than the dated bathroom.

We stayed at Coronado Sprigs for the first time over the Christmas holidays and it was very nice. The bus transportation was just okay..... with exception of the peak times to the Magic Kingdom. It was pathetic!

I checked out your blog and the room slide show you have from the day you checked in, is the non-refurbished style of room. It looks like you had a room in great condition. We had one in great condition a few months ago, too. I can certainly see why you thought it was already refurbished. Thanks for sharing your trip report. It seems like you had a great time.

Cabana 9b is closed and is to be removed unless plans change in the near future. The room you stayed in is the old rooms.

There are bookable preferred rooms and waterview rooms, but not preferred waterview. Do waterview rooms sometimes end up in preferred?

We have a BC room booked from 4/30-5/7 2017. I know that they are doing away with BC rooms. Has anyone with BC reservations been contacted past March of 2017 that they were being moved to AKL club level. If they are starting construction/renovations in Cabanas 9b now, I highly doubt it would be completed by 4/30 anyhow. Also I've read that people were contacted by their travel agents that they were being upgraded to AKL club level but has anyone with reservations through Disney gotten notified and if so was it an email, letter or call? I called the Resort directly and they told me to call back at the end of February beginning of March and they would have more information. I appreciate and information anyone might have. Thanks!

Last edited:
We have a BC room booked from 4/30-5/7 2017. I know that they are doing away with BC rooms. Has anyone with BC reservations been contacted past March of 2017 that they were being moved to AK? If they are starting construction/renovations in Cabanas 9b now, I highly doubt it would be completed by 4/30 anyhow. Also I've read that people were contacted by their travel agents that they were being upgraded to AK but has anyone with reservations through Disney gotten notified and if so was it an email, letter or call? I called the Resort directly and they told me to call back at the end of February beginning of March and they would have more information. I appreciate and information anyone might have. Thanks!

I have a May BC booking made directly with Disney, and I haven't heard anything. Another poster in this thread had a March booking moved to AKL, and he was contacted by his travel agent. I'm thinking they are probably waiting to address bookings until they can settle out cancellations and final bookings on property after the 45-day package payment deadline (or at least closer to that time frame). I'm confident that Disney is not going to leave me without a comparable place to stay, so I'm just sitting tight. The fact that I might not be at CSR is eating at me a bit when it comes to planning (and specifically, booking dining); I'll just have to deal. I'm also monitoring the Coronado Springs Buzz group on Facebook for info.

Peak (i.e. rope drop and morning) bus service to MK is challenging at all resorts. I'm curious what struck you as particularly bad at CSR? The only issue I've encountered is the rope drop MK buses being full by the time they get to Stop 1 (El Centro), but empty buses are also dispatched to El Centro to make sure everyone gets to MK by opening. You may wait half an hour, but you end up with an empty bus and still making it to rope drop.

I'm also curious what was just ok about the bus service to the other parks? CSR is so centrally located, Epcot and DHS are a five-minute ride once the buses leave the resort, and MK and AK are both 10-minute rides, which are the best overall bus ride times of all on-property resorts. Did you encounter unexpectedly long waits at CSR? Or coming back from any of the parks? The only real bus issue we've had is long waits and excessively long load times at Epcot after Illuminations.

I have friends that just spent four nights at CSR. They liked it overall but thought it was hard to get around...too much walking. I tried explaining how to get around, then just gave up. They wanted to know how to get from their room, in Ranchos, to the DME/RAC area. I told them to call Luggage Assistence when they needed them. Then someone would come give them a hand. They asked me if they should stop and make arrangements the night before. I said sure, but to still call the next morning. Well....evidently they felt they knew better, and didn't call that morning. And, no one came. They got tired of waiting, and rather than make a call, they trudged all the way, with their bags. And then? Proceeded to moan and groan about how awful the resort was. Seems they complained all the way home, to my dh. I stayed at WDW for another few days.
So, question. Was there any reason to expect Luggage Assistence to show up that morning, without making s same day call? I left CBR yesterday, called Luggage Assistence to get help getting to dme, they were there, with a van, in 15 mins! I have to assume CSR is the same.

I have friends that just spent four nights at CSR. They liked it overall but thought it was hard to get around...too much walking. I tried explaining how to get around, then just gave up. They wanted to know how to get from their room, in Ranchos, to the DME/RAC area. I told them to call Luggage Assistence when they needed them. Then someone would come give them a hand. They asked me if they should stop and make arrangements the night before. I said sure, but to still call the next morning. Well....evidently they felt they knew better, and didn't call that morning. And, no one came. They got tired of waiting, and rather than make a call, they trudged all the way, with their bags. And then? Proceeded to moan and groan about how awful the resort was. Seems they complained all the way home, to my dh. I stayed at WDW for another few days.
So, question. Was there any reason to expect Luggage Assistence to show up that morning, without making s same day call? I left CBR yesterday, called Luggage Assistence to get help getting to dme, they were there, with a van, in 15 mins! I have to assume CSR is the same.

None at all. You only get luggage assistance at CSR if you specifically request it. Otherwise, even arriving, you're expected to roll your luggage on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter