• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along similar lines, do I need to be concerned about staying in an "old" room? Are they really worn?
We stayed in July and our room was in good condition. The bed was super comfortable, the carpet was clean, and none of the furniture was dinged. The bathroom was a bit tired and had some peeling paint on the door...but it didn't effect our stay in any way.

We stayed in a standard Cabanas room in August. Our room wasn't worn. :)

We stayed in July and our room was in good condition. The bed was super comfortable, the carpet was clean, and none of the furniture was dinged. The bathroom was a bit tired and had some peeling paint on the door...but it didn't effect our stay in any way.

Thanks! Good to hear. I'm not too concerned. For the first time in 13 years we'll be at WDW without the kids, so not much can ruin this trip! LOL! Plus, after being on these boards for so long, i've come to realize that we are a lot more laid back about certain things than others.

Family is staying here the 15th to the 20th. Standard room. We need to stay as close to the main building as possible. Which building/area should we be requesting?

Thank you

Along similar lines, do I need to be concerned about staying in an "old" room? Are they really worn?

We were in room 4430 and it was fine. We actually stayed in the exact same room in 2011 and the condition was the same.

I'm thinking of requesting that area and have a couple of questions. Do you feel like the water view was worth the extra cost? I'm struggling with that, especially since there's no balcony to sit at. If you get the 1st floor by the pool, it looks like the pool is practically right outside of the doors. Is that the case? Is there a fence between the pool area and ground level doors?

TIA! I've never been to CSR and am trying to figure it all out!

I'm going to go against the other posters and say it's not worth it. I was there for 2 nights of a split stay in September and was in a room that looked out over the parking lot. I never once opened the blinds and for the first time in a long time I actually spent a good deal of time in my room. There was a wicked storm and I didn't know the rain jacket I brought to the room had a huge tear under the arm and around the back (I had another one and an umbrella in the car but it was a downpour). I was at the pool at the time it started and had planned on going back to the park later after a swim but after waiting about 15 min. at the bar for the rain to slow down just dashed to the room and settled in for the day, it was around 3 pm (thankfully I had my driving snacks in the room). I was in a building right next to the quiet pool and with a bus stop right in back. There are plenty of places to sit and enjoy the view if you wish but since there are outside hallways are you really going to have your curtains open with people walking back and forth to see the view?

I'm going to go against the other posters and say it's not worth it. I was there for 2 nights of a split stay in September and was in a room that looked out over the parking lot. I never once opened the blinds and for the first time in a long time I actually spent a good deal of time in my room. There was a wicked storm and I didn't know the rain jacket I brought to the room had a huge tear under the arm and around the back (I had another one and an umbrella in the car but it was a downpour). I was at the pool at the time it started and had planned on going back to the park later after a swim but after waiting about 15 min. at the bar for the rain to slow down just dashed to the room and settled in for the day, it was around 3 pm (thankfully I had my driving snacks in the room). I was in a building right next to the quiet pool and with a bus stop right in back. There are plenty of places to sit and enjoy the view if you wish but since there are outside hallways are you really going to have your curtains open with people walking back and forth to see the view?

I totally understand that it's probably not worth the extra cost, especially for us since it's a short trip and we'll be at the parks most of the time. Those water views are just so nice to open the door and come back to!

DH and I just decided to price out a vacation in September 2017, and CSR is showing no availability for our dates. Anyone know if there's something going on in September? Thanks!

DH and I just decided to price out a vacation in September 2017, and CSR is showing no availability for our dates. Anyone know if there's something going on in September? Thanks!
We are having the same issue for June 5-12. Turns out the issue is just June 5-6 and the 7-12 is available. We booked June 7-12 and keeping our fingers crossed that June 5-6 comes available later.

We are thinking of booking for next November with a couple days at universal and then over to Disney for the rest of the week. We have two kids and will have a double stroller. Do all the buildings have an elevator? I would love to have a refurbished room! I also like all the dinner options at this resort. We ate a lot of dinners at the quick service at AKL on our last trip so I definitely want someplace with options for dinner.

We are having the same issue for June 5-12. Turns out the issue is just June 5-6 and the 7-12 is available. We booked June 7-12 and keeping our fingers crossed that June 5-6 comes available later.

We also had similar issues when booking for March. I'm not sure if the conventions are going to be crazy there this year or if they are blocking rooms due to the rehab. It's the one place that we've never had an issue booking for. Hope it's not going to be packed crazy-it's our favorite place!

9B is totally closed for now. I had an arrival date of 3/21. I was moved to AKL CL. I haven't seen anything past my dates being moved yet. From what I gather it was a last minute change in plans, hence having to move bookings. I do know there are booking into next fall for 9B.

There are a few rumors about BC.
1 Being knocked down.
2 Moving elsewhere on CSR.
3 Gone.
Time will tell.

If you don't mind my asking, how were you contacted about your booking please? I have a BC reservation for May, and I haven't heard anything yet. I even called on Sunday to add my Magical Express arrangements and specifically asked if BC was undergoing renovation or construction this spring. They had no info. For now, I wait.

If you don't mind my asking, how were you contacted about your booking please? I have a BC reservation for May, and I haven't heard anything yet. I even called on Sunday to add my Magical Express arrangements and specifically asked if BC was undergoing renovation or construction this spring. They had no info. For now, I wait.

My TA called me.

Cabana 9b is closed and all reservations through March have been moved to deluxe club level resorts. At this time, there are no plans to reopen it. Rumor has it that it will be torn down for a new project.

We also had similar issues when booking for March. I'm not sure if the conventions are going to be crazy there this year or if they are blocking rooms due to the rehab. It's the one place that we've never had an issue booking for. Hope it's not going to be packed crazy-it's our favorite place!
Has anyone every had an experience like this where rooms were unavailable and then opened up later? If so, about how far out from check-in did they become available (if you can remember)?

Has anyone every had an experience like this where rooms were unavailable and then opened up later? If so, about how far out from check-in did they become available (if you can remember)?
We had this happen with our last trip at a different resort. I just kept checking back and one day a room came open.
For me, it was about 4 months before check in when the room showed up as available. Someone must have cancelled a reservation.

We had this happen with our last trip at a different resort. I just kept checking back and one day a room came open.
For me, it was about 4 months before check in when the room showed up as available. Someone must have cancelled a reservation.
Good to know. In this case I have a feeling that Disney is holding the rooms back. It seems odd that one day all room categories were available and the next there is no availability in any room category. I doubt that all of those rooms sold out in that short time period so far out in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter