Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Packing up for our trip Friday, 6/3! :dogdance:

When we were at CBR in October, the wall mount hair dryers had been replaced by regular Andis hair dryers. Before I pack my own, just wanted to see if this is the case with CSR as well. TIA! :love1:

Just checked out yesterday, and we all LOVED CSR! I had requested Cabanas, but we were put in Ranchos 7B. It was so quiet, and only a short walk to bus stop 4. Bus service was great, however 1 morning we did have to wait for a 2nd bus as the first one was full. We would definitely stay at CSR again!

When we were at CBR in October, the wall mount hair dryers had been replaced by regular Andis hair dryers. Before I pack my own, just wanted to see if this is the case with CSR as well. TIA! :love1:

Yes, there was a regular hair dryer in our room.

we're also checking in on Friday :jumping3:

Does anybody have a picture of what medicine is sold at the store? I want to see what I should pack or not... Thanks :)

Does anybody have a picture of what medicine is sold at the store? I want to see what I should pack or not... Thanks :)

Sorry don't have a pic, but I think they have a little bit of everything. Last September despite having anti chafing gel, I still suffered a case of "chub rub" and was able to find balmex there. Seemed to me that they had cold, sinus, pain, and tummy meds. You will pay premium prices however. I just have a little mobile medicine bag that I throw in the suitcase and hope that we won't need it.

I've been to CSR several times but never looked to see if I could purchase a case of water at the gift shop. I've read other resorts have them if you ask .... Anyone see or buy at CSR? I don't want to have to place a garden grocer order for just water and chips.

We have choice of Standard or Preferred room for 1 night stay (before we transfer to OKW for rest of vacation).

We want to be close to main pool as this arrival day will be just for relaxing.

Would we better off requesting Standard or Preferred location?

Which building should we request (we know its not guaranteed)?

Which building would be a compromise between close proximity to pool, but not too far of a walk to main building (we will be eating onsite)?

Many thanks!

I would book standard and request "close to Dig Site pool". I haven't stayed at CSR yet (next week!), but I think it was 8A or 8B in Cabanas section that was closest. The info is in this thread somewhere, I'm not sure where right now.

We have choice of Standard or Preferred room for 1 night stay (before we transfer to OKW for rest of vacation).

We want to be close to main pool as this arrival day will be just for relaxing.

Would we better off requesting Standard or Preferred location?

Which building should we request (we know its not guaranteed)?

Which building would be a compromise between close proximity to pool, but not too far of a walk to main building (we will be eating onsite)?

Many thanks!

Bigbabyblues gave great advice, Cabanas 8A will be closest to the main pool, followed by 8B. We always request either of these to be close to the pool, a bus stop, and not far from the main building. It is a short walk across the bridge and by the lake, and you can enjoy the beautiful landscaping along the way, or stop off in a hammock to relax! Preferred rooms are in Casitas 1,2, and 3, which are closest to main building, but not to the pool. If you look at page 1 of the thread, you will find the map, and then a few posts after a description of each section, and lots of pics of the parts of the resort. Hope you both enjoy your 1st stay!

Usually all Disney Resorts have a great assortment for what you may need... However, you will pay for the convenience. I always bring a travel size of my own of what we "might or might not need". It will save you money in the long run. I am frugal when it comes to things like that. More money in my pocket towards something in the parks. :)

We got home yesterday from our weekend trip staying at CSR. Overall, we had a great experience at CSR. The grounds are just lovely. We did not get the room I requested, but we got the building requested (Casitas 3), and we were facing the lagoon as requested. We wanted an upper floor but received the ground floor. The room was very nice and clean, the only negative was that it had a rather strong smell of bleach. Once we were in the room for a few minutes though we didn't notice it much and it wasn't so bad that we felt we should ask for a different room. The walk to El Centro wasn't bad from our room. The walk to the Dig Site was a little further, but not a bad walk and it was a pretty walk. We loved the main pool, I really liked that visibility was good if you wanted to lay on a chair and watch your kids play. We thought the pool was nicer than the volcano pool at the Poly. The only food we had at the resort was at the pool bar, I had nachos and DH had the shrimp tacos, both were very good, and the drinks there were also great. The drinks at the Laguna Bar were great too. The only other mod we've stayed at was CBR and CSR is soooo much nicer. It really felt like a step above. The atmosphere was much more relaxed, and while the resort was full, it didn't feel crowded at all. Bus service was great, we never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus, and the stop was never crowded. We were at bus stop 2 which was the first stop picked up and dropped off. It did take close to 10 minutes for the bus to make the rounds to the other 3 stops, but that was the only negative. CSR will definitely be our resort of choice if we stay at a moderate again!

I've been to CSR several times but never looked to see if I could purchase a case of water at the gift shop. I've read other resorts have them if you ask .... Anyone see or buy at CSR? I don't want to have to place a garden grocer order for just water and chips.
Just got back a few weeks ago. They have cases of bottled water at Panchitos. In the back by the cooler. I think it was 6.99 for the case of 24 - 12 oz. bottles.

Just got back from a long weekend stay. I had requested anywhere but Ranchos and on an upper and ended up in Ranchos 7B with a ground floor room. However we did end up with a view of the quiet pool which was pleasant although we used the Dig Site. My husband liked the Ranchos better than the Cabanas from what he saw. Overall it was a nice resort. It is large, but that was part of the appeal to me and even from Ranchos nothing was more than a 7-10 min walk away at a normal pace. The pool was awesome, and it was hard to tear the 4 year old away for park time. It was also great to see the fireworks from HS (I am guessing) every night above the lake, although it did sound like a war zone while they were going off. We even got a view of the really high ones from the pool last night! I am not sure if I liked it better than POFQ, but I would still recommend it and would happily stay again if it was the best deal for a moderate.

I am another person checking in on Friday! I fell in love with be with CSR in November. We were in Ranchos then. I have requested Cabanas this time just to try something new.

@maxiesmomimage.jpegimage.png
image.png
The last 2 pics are from Cafe Rix. I have never noticed Silk and Lactaid before. The other 2 pixs from Panchitos
image.png
image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    685.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter