Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got our next trip booked tonight
We want a confirmed king bed so we are finally going to give business class at CSR a chance
We arrive 2/27
Trying to figure out what to put for online check in
What we want most is early arrival so I'll mark that but will have to check something else for that option to appear
Is there a good choice to pick?
Maybe it doesn't make much difference since we will request early check in if possible?

DH & I stayed in a king bed, business class room back in October and rather than do online check-in (I never have any luck with room requests that way), I used Touring Plans instead and it worked great.

Having stayed at CSR before and knowing the layout, the only thing we really wanted was to be on an upper floor. Their website pointed out their picks for the best King bed, room views in Cabanas 9B so I let them fax the room request for us and got the very exact room on the request. That was our 3rd time staying at CSR, 2nd time in business class and we really enjoyed it - resort itself is very quiet and we think that it's worth the extra $$ for the club "light" experience. CSR is our favorite moderate by far!

is there an updated conventions list we can see anywhere? the 1st page only lists conventions from 2014. Also any current news of refurbs around CSR?

Last edited:

DH & I stayed in a king bed, business class room back in October and rather than do online check-in (I never have any luck with room requests that way), I used Touring Plans instead and it worked great.

Having stayed at CSR before and knowing the layout, the only thing we really wanted was to be on an upper floor. Their website pointed out their picks for the best King bed, room views in Cabanas 9B so I let them fax the room request for us and got the very exact room on the request. That was our 3rd time staying at CSR, 2nd time in business class and we really enjoyed it - resort itself is very quiet and we think that it's worth the extra $$ for the club "light" experience. CSR is our favorite moderate by far!

Thank you. We have been using their fax service for several trips now. It has worked great and most times we get the exact room type we have on the fax
I had it set up for next month but in the end, opted to delete it.
We arrive at 7:30 AM
I know the odds are very low we'll get our room that early but I want to do what I can to increase them as high as possible.
I already checked and for now, the night before we arrive is not sold out, so I have that in my favor
I figure requesting NOTHING specific will be the next best option I can make. That should enable them to put us in any King Business Class room they have available

Can anyone recommend which area I should request (I know it's not guaranteed) as I'm struggling to work out where we want to be. Personally prefer the look of Cabanas and Casitas over Ranchos but we only have a Standard Room booked. We are 2 adults who don't mind a bit of a walk but we'll also be relying on Disney buses and will have QSDP so will want to refill our mugs on occasion.

Previously stayed at Pop in the 90s section and were quite happy there.

Sorry if this has already been covered. What is the rough $ upgrade to go from normal -> business class per night?

From normal to BC depends on the season, but it's usually 50-80.

BC compares more realistically to a Preferred Room, where the jump from Preferred to BC is $20-40, depending on season.

We find the upcharge to BC worth it as we don't do any dining plans and use the lounge for breakfast every morning for both of us and the snacks/alcohol in the evenings are worth it to us. Plus we love the location!!!

MJ

We find the upcharge to BC worth it as we don't do any dining plans and use the lounge for breakfast every morning for both of us and the snacks/alcohol in the evenings are worth it to us. Plus we love the location!!!

MJ
The location is why I say it compares more favorably to Preferred.

Preferred Rooms are in Casitas 1-3, which are an okay location for access to convention center and El Centro, but still a hike to the feature pool. If you really want to be closer to the feature pool, you're better off with the guaranteed location of Business Class, or saving all the money and trying to request the other buildings in Cabanas. 8A to El Centro is not really any farther than Casitas 3, only it's got a better bus stop and is near the Dig Site.

Can someone tell me about adjoining rooms here? Do any king rooms adjoin to double queen rooms or would we have better luck requesting 2queen rooms

Can someone tell me about adjoining rooms here? Do any king rooms adjoin to double queen rooms or would we have better luck requesting 2queen rooms

In Disneyspeak adjoining rooms are rooms next to or near each other. Connecting rooms are right next to each other with an interior door connecting them. I am assuming you mean connecting. If so, yes there are some king rooms that connect to a 2 queen room.

You wouldn't request a room with 2 queens as that is a category you will have to book. Just like a king room, you have to book one not request one.

If you want connecting rooms I would make that your only request.

How does access to the lounge for breakfast and drinks work. Say we have 4 people in our room, but just one of wants to run get breakfast for everyone. Is that ok? How does access work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter