• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone currently at CSR? Want to know if the slide is closed?
Thanks

The pool slide was open last week. It is the playground slide that is supposed to be closed, although I didn't see anything going on with it, but I didn't look too closely either.

There are currently no rooms at CSR that are refurbed. There are rumors for a refurb to begin in January however. If you truly mean CBR, that is a different resort and thread :) Coronado springs resort vs Caribbean beach resort! Hope that helps!

Yes, sorry, I meant CSR!

Oh the hammocks! So nice to think about considering we are about to get 6-10" of snow tomorrow. Just over 3 weeks to go until our first Christmas trip!:cool1:

Yes, so excited about hammocks! Five days I'll be in one. Beats the storm we are getting tomorrow :)

We arrive the 5th, I have seen recommendatiosn for Casitas 4 or 5 as a good room location. Are there any other buildings I should consider?
I am calling tonight to make a request.
Thank you for your help......
9 days and counting until our 1st CSR stay.

LOL, never been to CSR. Sorry I am in your hammock. I must be lost! 23 more days until I see sand instead of snow pilling up outside.

24days until our trip! Can anyone tell me if I can get hot refill drinks at the pool bar? I know we can refill sodas there but how about hot tea and coffee?

Just returned 5 weeks ago from great stay at the Dolphin. Got home and received a PIN in the mail...what's a girl to do?? I'll tell you what... book another trip :rotfl2:

Just booked a stay at CSR for 4/22-4/26 for me, my Mom and my Niece. I have never stayed there and really don't know much. I got a preferred water view room. My Mom is 76 and I'm trying to limit her walking. I'm assuming we will be in Casita 1,2 or 3..am I correct about that?

:goodvibes

Just got back Sunday from our first CSR stay and loved it! We were in Cabanas building 9A and walks to the bus, food, and pool were all about 5 minutes. Even though it was the last stop we never waited for a second bus and never more than 10 minutes for a bus to the parks with one exception - on our Epcot day, a bus just didn't show for about 30 minutes. Not sure what happened there, but still got to the park right at opening. The food court was pretty quiet; food was good, especially the mexican-style dishes. Workers were all very friendly. Got great towel characters and Mousekeeping kept doing funny things with all my daughter's stuffed animals, too. The pool slide was open, but they were doing some painting on the pyramid.

On a no-park day, we walked the whole loop around the pool to check out the whole resort and the grounds are beautiful! We saw turtles, birds, squirrels, a bird's nest, and a gazillion of those little lizards, of course. We got a kick out of the banana trees. I found Casitas least appealing, personally - it was not anything unusual in theme and we were happy to be away from the convention crowd. The ashtrays in that part were all overflowing. Yuck, especially with kids in tow.

Only complaint - we landed at 4:30, were checked in before 5:30 and still had no luggage when we came back from dinner after 11 pm. One of our party went to the desk to ask and miraculously, it arrived within minutes. So I swear they wait to deliver when you're in the room to get a tip. Annoying when we all just wanted to unpack and go to bed though.

oh no now I'm worried about the Casitas!! What is the walk like from Cabana 9A to the bus stop/food court? :confused3

We arrive the 5th, I have seen recommendatiosn for Casitas 4 or 5 as a good room location. Are there any other buildings I should consider? I am calling tonight to make a request. Thank you for your help...... 9 days and counting until our 1st CSR stay.

Here's the info from the last FAQ post on room locations ( I didn't write it, just found it helpful for me):

For conventioneers the Casitas 1 or 3 are good locations. However, they are a longer walk to the Dig Site Pool. Both casita 1 and casita 3 are preferred buildings.

For adult couples, especially honeymooners or those celebrating anniversaries, Casitas 4 or 5 with a water view is a perfect location. Casita 4 has the quiet pool, fitness center, spa, salon, and both are near bus stop #2.

For leisure guests with children, here are some great locations: Cabana 8a, Rancho 7b, Cabana 8b, 9a, Rancho 6b, and 6a...in that order. Nearness to El Centro is usually of no importance to many guests. It's much more important to be close to the park bus stops and the Dig Site. Leisure guests may come to El Centro once or twice; but they will be at the buses twice a day (at least) and the pool often when they are at the resort.

For adults or large families who wish to be close to a park bus stop and to a quieter pool but are not interested in the theme pool, building 7a is great and has close proximity to parking.

Casita 2 also is close to parking and usually one of the quietest buildings, especially the 4th floor. The fourth floor of building actually includes part of the upper floors of building 3 and has easy access to the convention center by way of the elevator courtyard of building 1. Casita 2 is a preferred building and does not have its own elevator.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building (closest to the pool).

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above (9a has a quiet pool).

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 1 is attached to the main building and is very close to the restaurants (preferred building).

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views (preferred building).

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. Close to bus stop #2.

We just came back from our WDW where we stayed one night at CSR. First of all they told us casitas buildings were closed for 2 weeks. Then the beautiful waterfalls of the pool were not working with removed the spectacular effect. The resort was very quiet (too quiet for our taste).

CSR used to be our favorite moderate since we had only tried POFQ. But this trip we also tried CB and POR and absolutely fell in love with them. That sure didn't help. Lol

oh no now I'm worried about the Casitas!! What is the walk like from Cabana 9A to the bus stop/food court? :confused3

To guarantee the least amount of walking book a Business Class room Cabanas 9B. If you can get one of the first rooms as you approach from the lobby you will have the busstop literally right outside your door, the bridge to the Digsite pool right there, and a 2 min walk to the food court. Location can't be beat!:thumbsup2

We just came back from our WDW where we stayed one night at CSR. First of all they told us casitas buildings were closed for 2 weeks. Then the beautiful waterfalls of the pool were not working with removed the spectacular effect. The resort was very quiet (too quiet for our taste).

CSR used to be our favorite moderate since we had only tried POFQ. But this trip we also tried CB and POR and absolutely fell in love with them. That sure didn't help. Lol

Unfortunately refurbs/maintenance do need to be done.

The quiet sounds awesome!! Hope it's like that when we arrive in 12 days!!

First of all they told us casitas buildings were closed for 2 weeks.

I called Wednesday night to request Casitas 4 or 5 and was told that was my request was in and they never mentioned them being closed when I was making my request.
Hmmmmmmm and we arrive on the 5th
:confused3

I called Wednesday night to request Casitas 4 or 5 and was told that was my request was in and they never mentioned them being closed when I was making my request.
Hmmmmmmm and we arrive on the 5th
:confused3

They are replacing the water heaters in Casitas 1-3. Some of those rooms won't be available. Casitas 4 & 5 are not currently having any refurbs as far as I know.

To guarantee the least amount of walking book a Business Class room Cabanas 9B. If you can get one of the first rooms as you approach from the lobby you will have the busstop literally right outside your door, the bridge to the Digsite pool right there, and a 2 min walk to the food court. Location can't be beat!:thumbsup2

awesome thanks for the info!!!

Here's the info from the last FAQ post on room locations ( I didn't write it, just found it helpful for me):

For conventioneers the Casitas 1 or 3 are good locations. However, they are a longer walk to the Dig Site Pool. Both casita 1 and casita 3 are preferred buildings.

For adult couples, especially honeymooners or those celebrating anniversaries, Casitas 4 or 5 with a water view is a perfect location. Casita 4 has the quiet pool, fitness center, spa, salon, and both are near bus stop #2.

For leisure guests with children, here are some great locations: Cabana 8a, Rancho 7b, Cabana 8b, 9a, Rancho 6b, and 6a...in that order. Nearness to El Centro is usually of no importance to many guests. It's much more important to be close to the park bus stops and the Dig Site. Leisure guests may come to El Centro once or twice; but they will be at the buses twice a day (at least) and the pool often when they are at the resort.

For adults or large families who wish to be close to a park bus stop and to a quieter pool but are not interested in the theme pool, building 7a is great and has close proximity to parking.

Casita 2 also is close to parking and usually one of the quietest buildings, especially the 4th floor. The fourth floor of building actually includes part of the upper floors of building 3 and has easy access to the convention center by way of the elevator courtyard of building 1. Casita 2 is a preferred building and does not have its own elevator.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building (closest to the pool).

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above (9a has a quiet pool).

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 1 is attached to the main building and is very close to the restaurants (preferred building).

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views (preferred building).

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. Close to bus stop #2.
How did I kiss this info, great

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter