Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I count 90 schools on the event listing ... For our school that includes a junior and senior team (25 athletes).

I would assume athletes will be spread across value resorts as well though.

Good to know. We have a preferred room from 12/15-12/23.i hope it will be okay.

Oh no... This is stressing me out. Pop warner starts the second to last day of our stay... :(

Don't stress! I have stayed at Mods and Values a number of times when groups were at the same resort (Pop Warner, Cheerleaders, Dance Teams....) The room assigners do a good job of putting the groups in one area; guests not associated with the competition in another! :thumbsup2

Should a rowdy group be disturbing your night, pick up the phone and report it. "Security" will take care of it. ;)

And I want to add: most of the kids are wonderful; well behaved and polite. :goodvibes (On occasion, I have seen several parents behaving badly! :headache:)

Don't stress! I have stayed at Mods and Values a number of times when groups were at the same resort (Pop Warner, Cheerleaders, Dance Teams....) The room assigners do a good job of putting the groups in one area; guests not associated with the competition in another! :thumbsup2 Should a rowdy group be disturbing your night, pick up the phone and report it. "Security" will take care of it. ;) And I want to add: most of the kids are wonderful; well behaved and polite. :goodvibes (On occasion, I have seen several parents behaving badly! :headache:)

Thank you for the message! I appreciate the info and the kind words! My anxiety level is slowly starting to come down :)

And really, I'm going to be in Disney in seven days! I just need to relax and enjoy it!

Thank you for the message! I appreciate the info and the kind words! My anxiety level is slowly starting to come down :)

And really, I'm going to be in Disney in seven days! I just need to relax and enjoy it!

That's the attitude! I knew we would be at WDW for the end of Pop Warner week, but did not know they would be at CSR. We'll have a great time, and so will you!

We just returned from CSR last night. It was most definitely NOT sold out while we were there. Most times we saw very few people walking around and the food court was not busy in the mornings. Crowds did begin to pick up on the 21st, as we expected, since the Thanksgiving rush is beginning. We absolutely loved the resort!!! We were in the Ranchos section, which concerned me at first, but it was great!! We were very close to the main pool and one of the quiet pools was just behind us. It was about a 5 minute walk to El Centro so the worries were for nothing. I think this is my new favorite resort. We've stayed at POP, AoA, CBR, POR, FWR, and Poly and we really enjoyed CSR. Don't really have anything bad to say about the resort. :)

Glad you enjoyed CSR. We will be staying there for the first time next month, and it's nice to hear positive reviews from recent guests of the resort. Did you use DME? Just wondering how many resorts they tend to drop off at. I just want to get there!

We did use DME. They dropped off at the All Star resorts also, but we were first!! We were also the last resort that they picked up on the way back to the airport.

We are thinking of using Amazon Prime to ship a case of water and some snacks. We would incur the additional charges as CSR is a convention resort? If so, would this be around $10 or more?

Hello everyone!
We just got back from our trip and the resort was lovely! I did online check in and got to the resort around 1:30. Check in was quick and painless and our room was ready. We stayed at Cabanas 8A. We were close to the main pool and about a five min walk from El Centro.

The room was very nice! It was clean and comfy. It's defiantly time for the bathrooms to get a refurb but it wasn't something that ruined our stay. You could just tell that it was a little out dated. Mousekeeping was fine. We always came back to a clean room and towels.

We were close to Bus stop 4 and never waited more then 10 mins for a bus. They came around roughly every 10-15 mins. So when one bus came the others weren't far behind it.

The pool was nice. It never got really crowded anytime we stopped by, just too many people for our taste (young couple no children). We were able to get in the hot tub once, and it was more like a warm tub. Not hot at all. It was just warm enough to feel ok but not hot.

Pepper Market was nice. We enjoyed the food very much! Everything we tried was good! The process of getting of your food can be a pain if it's crowded, however. The cast members there were good expect one that had been moved from her station. She was clearly out of her element and got snappy at the guests when they asked questions about the food. Other then that, everything was ok. We also ate at the Maya Grill. The food and the staff were very good!

The last couple of days we were there, there was a convention and some high school sports teams that arrived. We had no trouble with them. The high schools we encountered were polite and even congratulated us about our anniversary! So that was a pleasant surprise!

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I had to visit a few times to pay off the room with several methods of payments. They didn't rush me or act annoyed, which made me feel better.

One night when we got back to the room, we found a very strange pizza ad from Two Italians Pizza under the room. It talked about not believing "propaganda" you have heard about them and they do not steal credit card numbers. It's all a scheme to shut down ma and pop stores. Crazy stuff! I knew that this was unlike Disney to advertise outside business so the next night I mentioned it to the front desk staff. They were shocked and apologized and asked if I could bring it to them whenever I could. I went back to the room and brought it back. They told me that they have had issues with credit card scams with some pizza places. Guest call and place an order, give their credit card number and never get a pizza!! They told me that they only endorse Poppa Johns, Dominos, and Pizza Hut. And whenever it comes the guests have to meet them in the lobby. So be careful if you come across something like that at Disney's Resorts!

Other then that, we had a wonderful trip! The resort is beautiful and I would definitely stay there again!

Hello everyone!
We just got back from our trip and the resort was lovely! I did online check in and got to the resort around 1:30. Check in was quick and painless and our room was ready. We stayed at Cabanas 8A. We were close to the main pool and about a five min walk from El Centro.
The room was very nice! It was clean and comfy. It's defiantly time for the bathrooms to get a refurb but it wasn't something that ruined our stay. You could just tell that it was a little out dated. Mousekeeping was fine. We always came back to a clean room and towels.
We were close to Bus stop 4 and never waited more then 10 mins for a bus. They came around roughly every 10-15 mins. So when one bus came the others weren't far behind it.
The pool was nice. It never got really crowded anytime we stopped by, just too many people for our taste (young couple no children). We were able to get in the hot tub once, and it was more like a warm tub. Not hot at all. It was just warm enough to feel ok but not hot.
Pepper Market was nice. We enjoyed the food very much! Everything we tried was good! The process of getting of your food can be a pain if it's crowded, however. The cast members there were good expect one that had been moved from her station. She was clearly out of her element and got snappy at the guests when they asked questions about the food. Other then that, everything was ok. We also ate at the Maya Grill. The food and the staff were very good!
The last couple of days we were there, there was a convention and some high school sports teams that arrived. We had no trouble with them. The high schools we encountered were polite and even congratulated us about our anniversary! So that was a pleasant surprise!
The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I had to visit a few times to pay off the room with several methods of payments. They didn't rush me or act annoyed, which made me feel better.
One night when we got back to the room, we found a very strange pizza ad from Two Italians Pizza under the room. It talked about not believing "propaganda" you have heard about them and they do not steal credit card numbers. It's all a scheme to shut down ma and pop stores. Crazy stuff! I knew that this was unlike Disney to advertise outside business so the next night I mentioned it to the front desk staff. They were shocked and apologized and asked if I could bring it to them whenever I could. I went back to the room and brought it back. They told me that they have had issues with credit card scams with some pizza places. Guest call and place an order, give their credit card number and never get a pizza!! They told me that they only endorse Poppa Johns, Dominos, and Pizza Hut. And whenever it comes the guests have to meet them in the lobby. So be careful if you come across something like that at Disney's Resorts!

Other then that, we had a wonderful trip! The resort is beautiful and I would stay again!

Hi! We also just returned from our trip and I wanted to share a few thoughts. We were there Sat. 11/15 to 11/22. I had requested Cabanas, top floor. When checking in, the CM kind of felt bad because she said that neither of my requests were met. We were in Ranchos (6B), bottom floor. She told me that the longer the stay, the harder it is to meet requests, but if we tried it and didn't like it, we could see if we could be moved in a day or two. She showed us the map and said we were close to the main pool and that they were now serving breakfast at Siestas (the pool snack bar), so that was a plus. We were fine with our location. As other PPs have mentioned, it was not a long walk to El Centro. The quiet pool was very close too, but we never used any pool. We did walk to the main pool for drink refills a few times in the afternoon. I liked being on the bottom floor. Only startled from sleep once when someone above us must have dropped something and it made a loud bang! We were in the hallway with the elevator, and the ding of the door could get a little annoying. I imagine at busy times, it might bother me.

We had breakfast in the room all days except our check out day when we went to Pepper Market which was more crowded than we'd seen it for lunch, but only a couple people in line. We also had lunch twice and dinner once at PM. Between the two of us, we had the chicken, ribs, salads, burgers. Everything was good. Desserts were good too.

It was very quiet at the resort. It sounded like the people who were checking in next door to us our first night had a problem because I think we heard maintenance in their room around midnight, then all went quiet. I think they moved. The Privacy sign was on the door until Thursday, when someone else checked in. We also saw a lot of teen girls sports groups starting Thursday. Mon-Thursday it was really quiet at the resort! We rented a car and from Mon. to Thurs. the parking lot had very few cars. We never used the bus service, so I can't comment on it, but I never saw a lot of people waiting for buses.

Christmas decor went up overnight Friday into Saturday. I'm glad I got to see it before leaving. I was kind of surprised that the resorts we visited did not have the Christmas decorations up. The gingerbread house was up at Cont. and GF, and the train garden was up at YC, but there was nothing else that we saw. I talked to Teena at BC on Monday night and she said that the order that resorts get decorated is done by lottery and the BC is supposed to be last -the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. The bakers were hoping to at least get the gingerbread display up earlier. I've learned that I'd rather visit after Thanksgiving in the future to get the full Christmas experience!

The 20% off coupons started showing up on CS restaurants receipts mid-week. We got two from Sunshine Seasons. These are good at certain locations before 1:00. (Mousegears, Emporium, World of Disney etc.).

Overall, we liked CSR, but DH and I decided it is not our favorite. We've been to POP, BC, CBR, POFQ. While the resort was very pretty, the rooms clean and nice, and the people friendly, I think for us it was just a theme thing--we like the theme at the other resorts a bit better. We also didn't take advantage of much at the resort since we were so busy going to parks. We'd stay here again if it means getting FD or a good discount that can't be had elsewhere. Also, keep in mind that we are two 50ish adults without the kids this time. I think kids would love the pool and dig site. We are hoping to try POR next time since that's the only mod we haven't experienced yet.

Oh, we also got the pizza flyers twice during our stay. I'm not sure how the people get on property to distribute them since it's gated entry, but they've found a way!

Another quick comment: If you want the half gallon milk, you'll need to get it from Panchito's gift shop. There's a frig in the back with cold drinks. That's the only place I saw the 1/2 gallons.

If you pin trade, ask to see the pinata at the back of the gift shop.

I think that's it for now! I'm happy to answer questions if I can!

Another one who just returned from our stay at CSR. This was our 1st trip we didn't stay at All Star Sports.... partly because of the free dining promotion (we wanted table service meals vs. all counter service), partly because I wanted to try a moderate resort. Originally I booked POR but switched when free dining was released and didn't include POR. Booked 9/13-9/22

I was concerned about the size of the resort and the fact that it was a "convention" resort. Both fears were unwarranted (for us anyway).

We were in Cabanas 9A - quiet pool & laundry were right there. El Centro - stores, snacks, etc. and big dig pool area were less than 5 minutes away.

Resort was NOT as busy as I expected it to be. Only 2x during our stay did the front desk area seem extremely busy and that was during normal check out times so I would expect it to be busy. Did not hear a lot of commotion after dark - once during our entire stay and only momentarily when a group was passing and talking loud. We too had the pizza flyers tucked under our door twice during our trip - I just tossed them.

Weather was cool so the kids only went in the pool 3x. We're from New England & I think the kids would have swam more but mom said no to the 45 degree swimming weather. 1x in the big dig and twice in the quiet pool. Pool was NOT busy anytime they were in, even the big dig pool.

I was able to do laundry 1x during their swim - only 1 other mom was in there at the time drying sneakers after the only rainy day there. Door to laundry was propped open because apparently it was sticking and guests could not get in/out. Standard $2 a load wash/dry and I did not need more time for dryers. I brought detergent so I can't say how much that was and change machine was in laundry room.

Rooms were clean & mouse-keeping was efficient. Left us "mickey" heads with towels on the beds on a couple occasions. We are generally a clean room family so make beds/vacuum/replace towels type stuff is really all that we need. Grounds were kept meticulous - never saw trash lying around.

We only used the food court area/pepper market for refilling our mugs and a couple snacks..... those muffins are HUGE! Ate all our meals in the parks so I can't attest to the food at Maya Grill. DH did say that the area was busy in the morning but again, I would expect it to be busy with people getting coffee, etc. before hitting the parks. Not overly crowded, just busier.

We drove and had our car so never used WDW transportation but busses seemed to always be coming in/leaving.

Kids loved the big dig area - arcade, free ping pong table outside near pool, volleyball court. And they loved the theming of it.

Glad to have business area around. I needed to print an email while were there and they accommodated us with that request onsite and quickly. Also had computers available as well as photo-copying.

All in all, we enjoyed it. Quick drive to all 4 parks (or the TCC). as well as DTD.

I just did online check in (we're arriving 12/10 for 4 days) and the room request section didn't give me an option to choose Casitas, just Ranchos and Cabanas. Has anyone else run into this? I wasn't sure if it was a glitch or if the pop warner teams have blocked out the casitas area.

I just did online check in (we're arriving 12/10 for 4 days) and the room request section didn't give me an option to choose Casitas, just Ranchos and Cabanas. Has anyone else run into this? I wasn't sure if it was a glitch or if the pop warner teams have blocked out the casitas area.

It never gives a Casitas option. I'm assuming because Casitas 1-3 are preferred. You can phone in and have Casitas 4-5 noted as a request. I love Casitas 4, if we didn't always stay in the Business Class rooms now I would request Casitas 4. :thumbsup2

It never gives a Casitas option. I'm assuming because Casitas 1-3 are preferred. You can phone in and have Casitas 4-5 noted as a request. I love Casitas 4, if we didn't always stay in the Business Class rooms now I would request Casitas 4. :thumbsup2

Thanks, that's reassuring! We already have Casitas 5 requested in our reservation so I guess we'll just cross our fingers and hope off the best. I'm excited to stay at CSR for the first time no matter where we end up.

Thanks, that's reassuring! We already have Casitas 5 requested in our reservation so I guess we'll just cross our fingers and hope off the best. I'm excited to stay at CSR for the first time no matter where we end up.

We arrive on Dec 10th as well. You'll find me laying on a hammock in front of Cabanas 9B! :thumbsup2

Can anyone tell me which rooms/sections have been refurbished - or conversely, which rooms/sections have not? We are excited to be staying at CBR in January, and we would much prefer to have the updated rooms.

Thank you very much!

Can anyone tell me which rooms/sections have been refurbished - or conversely, which rooms/sections have not? We are excited to be staying at CBR in January, and we would much prefer to have the updated rooms. Thank you very much!
There are currently no rooms at CSR that are refurbed. There are rumors for a refurb to begin in January however. If you truly mean CBR, that is a different resort and thread :) Coronado springs resort vs Caribbean beach resort! Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter