• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! We will be arriving Saturday (10/11) for a split stay at CSR & WL. First time at both of these resorts. We were just wondering since the CSR rooms have a desk & chair instead of a table & two chairs, is it possible for two people to comfortably eat in the room? Thanks!!

Well, you can still eat, but there is no table. The when we ate a light bfast in the room we would take turns sitting on the ottomans. We'd have to take turns at a 2-person table anyway, so not a huge deal. Not the most comfortable thing, but doable. We did like the desk for all of our stuff though - souvies, maps, park bags, etc.

This past weekend I also received a call that preferred rooms will be under refurbishment while we are there (11/20-11/29).

They also gave us the option to move to a standard room or a preferred room at Caribbean Beach.

I asked what other options and they offered us preferred room at Port Orleans - Riverside which we decided to go with.
They are still working on the water heaters.

Is the preferred refurb only king rooms? We're booked preferred but not king 11/15-21 and haven't heard anything and now I'm a bit worried.

IMHO no. It's a desk with one chair. There's no way two people can sit at the desk comfortably to eat. One person would be on an ottoman sitting much lower. This is one of the drawbacks of CSR. Others will tell you it's no problem but I'm a realist.

Yes, its possible. There are two ottomans and a desk chair. Is it a perfect situation, no, but it can be done.

Well, you can still eat, but there is no table. The when we ate a light bfast in the room we would take turns sitting on the ottomans. We'd have to take turns at a 2-person table anyway, so not a huge deal. Not the most comfortable thing, but doable. We did like the desk for all of our stuff though - souvies, maps, park bags, etc.

Thanks! I wonder what they would tell me if I asked if we could get a second chair? :scratchin Even a folding chair would be fine.

Thanks! I wonder what they would tell me if I asked if we could get a second chair? :scratchin Even a folding chair would be fine.

Are you staying Business class? You could go to the lounge with your takeout and eat there.

We ordered pizza one night and also had take out pepper mill. It really wasn't a big deal for four of us to eat in the room. You'll be fine.

When the Visa discount came out earlier this week, I booked two preferred rooms for our end of January trip because I was told that the business class rooms were not available due to a refurb. Today, I happen to go on the website and noticed that standard view business class rooms are now available so I called and switched us :). Did the refurb schedule change?

Are you staying Business class? You could go to the lounge with your takeout and eat there.

We ordered pizza one night and also had take out pepper mill. It really wasn't a big deal for four of us to eat in the room. You'll be fine.

Thanks! I don't think DH booked BC. I checked our reservations and it just says water view king. We like to pick up a bottle of wine at Epcot and relax in the room with cheese and crackers or a couple beers with chips and salsa. We also tend to grab a pizza at least one night during our stay. I wonder why they chose to put a couple ottomans in the room? It doesn't seem like anyone uses them to prop up their feet....they seem to be more like makeshift chairs. lol

The standard rooms closest to El Centro are in Casitas 4 and Cabanas 9A. Either one is probably a 5-minute walk. You might want to request 1st floor - sometimes it's a long walk from the end rooms to the centrally-located elevators.

We'll be there in a month, also! Can't wait to be at CSR!

Thank you, appreciate the help, so excited for this trip!

First stay at CSR. I'm thinking of asking for Ranchos ( I know it's just a request) It seems like that is the least favored on this board. But, to me it has the most unique theming on the outside and is closest to the pool? Also, as far as not being close to El Centro... We will go to Pepper Market on our first night but after MK and will be in our car. I'm not really expecting to go back to the main area after that. We will have breakfast items in our room. None of us our soda drinkers so doubt we will use our mugs too much.

Any vets seeing a problem with my line of reasoning. We will go to the pool one day if it is warm enough. Also I see people say it is a 10 minute walk from Ranchos to El Centro. Is it a scenic walk? If so, that isn't bad at all.

First stay at CSR. I'm thinking of asking for Ranchos ( I know it's just a request) It seems like that is the least favored on this board. But, to me it has the most unique theming on the outside and is closest to the pool? Also, as far as not being close to El Centro... We will go to Pepper Market on our first night but after MK and will be in our car. I'm not really expecting to go back to the main area after that. We will have breakfast items in our room. None of us our soda drinkers so doubt we will use our mugs too much. Any vets seeing a problem with my line of reasoning. We will go to the pool one day if it is warm enough. Also I see people say it is a 10 minute walk from Ranchos to El Centro. Is it a scenic walk? If so, that isn't bad at all.

I have stayed in Casitas, actually my least favorite! In May we stayed in Cabanas which was very nice but for our trip next year we will request Ranchos. It looked really peaceful and less hectic after a long day at the parks. The walk to any where was not bad at all.

I think the refurbs are going by building. Maybe the date is the difference but I'd call and ask??
Water heater change over for the preferred rooms is taking longer than expected. The resort rehab doesn't start until 1/2015.

First stay at CSR. I'm thinking of asking for Ranchos ( I know it's just a request) It seems like that is the least favored on this board. But, to me it has the most unique theming on the outside and is closest to the pool? Also, as far as not being close to El Centro... We will go to Pepper Market on our first night but after MK and will be in our car. I'm not really expecting to go back to the main area after that. We will have breakfast items in our room. None of us our soda drinkers so doubt we will use our mugs too much.

Any vets seeing a problem with my line of reasoning. We will go to the pool one day if it is warm enough. Also I see people say it is a 10 minute walk from Ranchos to El Centro. Is it a scenic walk? If so, that isn't bad at all.

I think Ranchos would be fine for you. We have stayed in Ranchos twice - once we were pretty far in the back of the resort (parking lot view in 6A) and we only went to El Centro maybe once or twice the whole trip - from there, it was probably a 12-15 min walk. The other time, we were pool-side in 7B and that was a great location. Just a couple of minutes from the main pool, less than 5 min to bus-stop #4 (Cabanas), and about 10 min from El Centro. All the walks around CSR are scenic, I think. Especially at dusk and at night with the lights on around the lake. The picture in my avatar <------ was taken at CSR at dusk with the lights reflecting in the lake -- so pretty!

Absolutely! The resort is beautiful!

IMGP7111 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7123 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7053 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7051 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

C-DSCN0084 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0490 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7054 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7049 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7108 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

C-DSCN0798 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

C-DSCN0635 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Just got back from CSR within the last 48 hours after spending 11 days. I am just going to list a few things that I have read people addressing or asking about in the past.

I thought the resort was beautiful. I know a lot of people complain that it is not "Disney" enough and I will admit that you aren't going to run into overlarge Pixar characters and giant bowling pins when you round a corner. But to me, Disney is about the details and this resort is full of details.

The Cast Members were wonderful. Very friendly and helpful. I only had one issue with an older gentleman in the gift shop that reprimanded my sons for removing the luggage from the shelves. He later apologized when he realized that they not only had my permission but they removed them because they were buying them...with their own money. And one very cranky lady omelet maker in Pepper Market. She was downright nasty in her response to a question I asked, so I marked omelets off my breakfast items from then on. Everyone else there was very welcoming and helpful.

Dining-We only ate at the Pepper Market (many ADR's not enough meals or time) so my review will be limited to the Pepper Mkt. I was not thrilled with it. I didn't really care for the choices and was disappointed that there were not more traditional Spanish fare. Also, the food was just not that good, not bad just not really good, except for the eggs with cheese. They were fabulous and I miss them already. The Pistachio Gelato at the Rix thing was worth dying for, btw.

Size of the resort-its huge! It is indeed a walk from the Casitas (where we stayed) to the Dig Site. Heck, sometimes it feels like a hike just to El Centro from Casitas 1. Its not a horrible walk, the beautiful scenery makes it worthwhile. However if you plan on swimming often (or have kids that are in love with the water slide) stay in either Ranchos or Cabanas. Or make sure you have everything you need because a walk back for swimming goggles (twice) is enough to make a grown woman cry. The walk from the bus stops are no short trip either (more on bus stops later) but are not bad unless you have been in 3 parks in one day with not one but two eight year old boys who have not had nearly enough sleep in over a week, then it is similar to a walk though h*ll.

The room-we had a junior suite on the second floor of Casitas 1, rm 1284. Do not stay in this room during the week if you like sleep (see below). The rooms were nice and clean, small but larger than I expected given some of the reviews I read. We chose one with 2 queen beds that were comfortable and clean (I can not stress this enough). It had 2 full bathrooms with the sliding hardwood doors. Plenty of vanity space, one sink each, with lost of storage below. Closets were open and not nearly enough hangers upon check in but housekeeping was quick to bring them when asked. The location of our room, well, sucked. The door from the convention center was about 50 feet from our room and the entire 2100 convention goers must have used it between the hours of 7:30-12:30am, while they were smoking, wearing high heels and dress shoes that clacked loudly, talking on their phones to people who I can only assume were nearly deaf given the volume level of their voices. Seriously, it was noisy and reeked of smoke. Stay anywhere at the resort but Casita 1.

And for those that asked earlier, yes they were smoking in areas that were clearly not designated smoking areas. At one point, we bypassed the elevators because there were a minimum of 30 half smoked cigarette buts sitting on top of the trash can, some still lit. I did complain but was told to be patient, this convention would only last another couple of days and that this was an exceptionally unruly group, not the usual CSR convention goer.

Housekeeping-great except for the second day when they decided to bypass our room when cleaning. This is the day I lost my cool. I had been unable to sleep the two previous nights due to the clacking convention goers. We came back to our room at 3:45 to get some much need rest before an 8:15 ADR, only to discover that the room had not been cleaned. I personally went downstairs to the registration desk and let them know my frustration with everything. I dont know what Disney pays the CM and supervisor I talked to but it is surely not enough. They were nothing short of miracle workers because I left there happy as a clam, taking 2 cranky kids to the pool while mousekeeping did their thing, with a nice little credit to my room account.

Transportation-I dont even want to type this, it was that bad. At one point, we waited 86 minutes for a bus to Epcot. My advice is if you are staying anywhere in the resort, walk to bus stop 2 or 3. Your feet may hate you but your humor and sanity will appreciate it.

Overall thoughts if anyone is still reading-loved the resort, hated our room location. Overall I would stay here again if I received a good enough deal, otherwise I am sticking to the deluxe resorts.

Thanks for taking the time to write the detailed review!

I think a room in the Business Class section would have suited you alot better and would have eliminated most of the issues. I imagine it is pretty hard for them to control a 2000 person convention that is paying big money to be there. We've never had any issues with conventions, but we also never had a room right beside the convention center.

The bus thing I just don't know. We've never waited that long for a bus anywhere at WDW. Obviously something went wrong there.

Sounds like you had a good time anyway!

We LOVE the Ranchos ,area, and have stayed there on request 3 times now. It's quiet, beautifully themed and is the second bus stop, so little or no standing on the bus. Have a great trip! :goodvibes

saskdw, thanks, you're right, we did have a good time anyway. I mean, its Disney, how could we not have a magical time.

I did try to book BC however because we had a junior suite, we were limited in our options and the one in that area was already booked. You see, I booked Poly first, had it booked long before I found out there would be no pool and the refurb was so ugly. So when I changed, even at 7 months out, I had limited options. We are booked at the Beach Club for next October (2015) but I will still keep CSR as an option for spring 2016.

Thanks again!

Vanwoo... Thank you for your review. We also had an issue with conventioners partying loud into the night when we stayed in July. It was awful. Overall we loved the resort, but the inconsiderateness of the conventioners was enough to make us not want to say there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter