Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be our first time staying at CSR and I was very excited about our trip next week until I heard from friends of ours. We both have junior suites booked. She just checked in about an hour ago and was told that the junior suite she booked was no longer available so they have 2 non connecting rooms. This is completely unacceptable as the party consists of 2 adults, an 8 year old and a 4 year old and they are staying 12 nights. The CM and manager are trying to work something out but it appears that at least for tonight, they are either going to have to all sleep in a King room or each take one child and split up for the night.

Has anyone had something like this happen before? I've been to Disney probably 15-17 times and have only had room issues twice, but they were quickly resolved and both times I was able to benefit from it. If something like this has happened to you, how was it resolved? I am a tad worried as we will be down there for the same room type on Tuesday.

This will be our first time staying at CSR and I was very excited about our trip next week until I heard from friends of ours. We both have junior suites booked. She just checked in about an hour ago and was told that the junior suite she booked was no longer available so they have 2 non connecting rooms. This is completely unacceptable as the party consists of 2 adults, an 8 year old and a 4 year old and they are staying 12 nights. The CM and manager are trying to work something out but it appears that at least for tonight, they are either going to have to all sleep in a King room or each take one child and split up for the night.

Has anyone had something like this happen before? I've been to Disney probably 15-17 times and have only had room issues twice, but they were quickly resolved and both times I was able to benefit from it. If something like this has happened to you, how was it resolved? I am a tad worried as we will be down there for the same room type on Tuesday.

I think I might ask for an upgrade to a villa. I've heard of that being offered when the room category that was booked wasn't available at other resorts in the past, so it isn't unprecedented.

This will be our first time staying at CSR and I was very excited about our trip next week until I heard from friends of ours. We both have junior suites booked. She just checked in about an hour ago and was told that the junior suite she booked was no longer available so they have 2 non connecting rooms. This is completely unacceptable as the party consists of 2 adults, an 8 year old and a 4 year old and they are staying 12 nights. The CM and manager are trying to work something out but it appears that at least for tonight, they are either going to have to all sleep in a King room or each take one child and split up for the night. Has anyone had something like this happen before? I've been to Disney probably 15-17 times and have only had room issues twice, but they were quickly resolved and both times I was able to benefit from it. If something like this has happened to you, how was it resolved? I am a tad worried as we will be down there for the same room type on Tuesday.
If I was her I would ask to switch resorts

Just got back on Saturday after a week at Coronado Springs. Was so impressed with the resort. We had the best location!!! Cabanas 9A 1st floor. We were right next to the quiet pool and superrrr close to Pepper Market, bus stop 1, and main pool. Couldn't have been more pleased. Had requested Cabanas on online check in form only. Had a standard king bed room.

Only had one meal at Pepper Market and wasnt blown away so didnt go back. But cant say we gave it enough of a chance

Loved the main pool and slide

Found the bus service to be pretty great except one time. Super close to blizzard beach. Also close to hollywood studios and animal kingdom. Epcot not far either. Furthest parks/places are magic kingdom, downtown disney, and typhoon lagoon. Also felt like Coronado Springs bus stops at parks were always close to entrance of parks compared to most other resorts which was great. Lastly, we never ever had to share buses with other resorts.

Was super impressed with the complimentary certificate for champagne for 2 upon check in in celebration of my birthday. Ironically, my boyfriend also proposed! So we had a birthday and engagement to toast!!!

Was very pleased and based on our experiences would recommend resort!

Was super impressed with the complimentary certificate for champagne for 2 upon check in in celebration of my birthday. Ironically, my boyfriend also proposed! So we had a birthday and engagement to toast!!!

Congratulations! Disney is such a magical place - what an awesome place to get engaged! pixiedust:

Just got back on Saturday after a week at Coronado Springs. Was so impressed with the resort. We had the best location!!! Cabanas 9A 1st floor. We were right next to the quiet pool and superrrr close to Pepper Market, bus stop 1, and main pool. Couldn't have been more pleased. Had requested Cabanas on online check in form only. Had a standard king bed room.

Only had one meal at Pepper Market and wasnt blown away so didnt go back. But cant say we gave it enough of a chance

Found the bus service to be pretty great except one time. Super close to blizzard beach. Also close to hollywood studios and animal kingdom. Epcot not far either. Furthest parks/places are magic kingdom, downtown disney, and typhoon lagoon. Also felt like Coronado Springs bus stops at parks were always close to entrance of parks compared to most other resorts which was great. Lastly, we never ever had to share buses with other resorts.

We are here now, since Saturday and are blown away by this resort. Every CM (except1in pepper market) has gone above and beyond. I also think if there was one thing I could find to complain about it would be food choice and quality at pepper market. We ate there twice and have been avoiding it ever since.

This will be our first time staying at CSR and I was very excited about our trip next week until I heard from friends of ours. We both have junior suites booked. She just checked in about an hour ago and was told that the junior suite she booked was no longer available so they have 2 non connecting rooms. This is completely unacceptable as the party consists of 2 adults, an 8 year old and a 4 year old and they are staying 12 nights. The CM and manager are trying to work something out but it appears that at least for tonight, they are either going to have to all sleep in a King room or each take one child and split up for the night. Has anyone had something like this happen before? I've been to Disney probably 15-17 times and have only had room issues twice, but they were quickly resolved and both times I was able to benefit from it. If something like this has happened to you, how was it resolved? I am a tad worried as we will be down there for the same room type on Tuesday.
Usually they would offer another room equal to or better than what she booked. And if they have none available, they should offer her a choice of a different resort. I've heard of people staying at values getting switched to deluxe resorts. Have her speak to the manager. That is completely unacceptable.

What's better ranchos or casitas. What bar is the best there? Rix looks nice. Any with music?

We just stayed in Ranchos. We were in 7b. I had requested casitas, but no luck. I didn't mind Ranchos at all. We were really close to bus stop 4. It was a 5 or 6 minute walk to the main building, but we only usually went there in the morning! We didn't do Rix, but it looked really nice. The buildings are gorgeous.

Congratulations! I agree with everything you said. Bus queues close to park entrances. CSR is a quick bus ride to all the parks.

The price of two rooms is not equal to the price of a suite. In addition, the amenities of the suite are greater than two standard rooms. And what about connecting rooms, when children are involved. I would ask for a manager and as mentioned, see if another resort is available.

We are here now, since Saturday and are blown away by this resort. Every CM (except1in pepper market) has gone above and beyond. I also think if there was one thing I could find to complain about it would be food choice and quality at pepper market. We ate there twice and have been avoiding it ever since.

As with the other poster, Pepper Market, is a weak spot at CSR. It can be expensive and there aren't many food choices. It has been streamlined and was much better in the past, when it had more options. I'm glad it's seat yourself, get your own beverage and the tipping is gone. Stamping the card never bothered me, but the new check out procedure works, too.

Does anyone know what the robes in BC are made of? and if they are thick or thin? Trying to decide if I should pack mine or use theirs. Thanks.

Also, what time does the turndown service happen roughly?

No turn down service. We had a BC room in March and there were no robes. They said they discontinued that service. Did they bring back the robes???

Well we have been here 6 nights so far and I can say, we liked the resort much better with conventions than not. There were conventions going on the first 5 days, and they left and now overnight the buses are full, food court packed, pool more crowded, etc. still my favorite resort except for the food court.

Just recently returned form a great stay at CSR, everything was great. We stayed at other moderate resorts and now we know which one we like the most and that is CSR :thumbsup2. From On Line Check In to Mouse Keeping to the Transportation to the parks. On Line check in was short and sweet and our room was immediately ready for us. It allowed us to get settled in and get right to out first park by noon that day. Mouse keeping was great during the whole trip. Every night we returned from the parks we were greeted with a towel animal, or our kids stuff animals were set up looking at maps to even watching the TV. We requested and stayed in the Rancho's section which was great. Not to far from the main pool and Dig Site, the quiet pool and bus stop #3. I've read that this is a large resort but I didn't find it to be a long walk back to the main building and back to the room at all. It was a great stay and we will definately stay here again. We miss it already :guilty: .

Just recently returned form a great stay at CSR, everything was great. We stayed at other moderate resorts and now we know which one we like the most and that is CSR :thumbsup2. From On Line Check In to Mouse Keeping to the Transportation to the parks. On Line check in was short and sweet and our room was immediately ready for us. It allowed us to get settled in and get right to out first park by noon that day. Mouse keeping was great during the whole trip. Every night we returned from the parks we were greeted with a towel animal, or our kids stuff animals were set up looking at maps to even watching the TV. We requested and stayed in the Rancho's section which was great. Not to far from the main pool and Dig Site, the quiet pool and bus stop #3. I've read that this is a large resort but I didn't find it to be a long walk back to the main building and back to the room at all. It was a great stay and we will definately stay here again. We miss it already :guilty: .

That is wonderful!!! Sooo glad you had a great trip!! We are going in early nivember and soooo excited!! It's our first time staying at CSR, so thank you for your post!!

We plan on using our snack credits mainly for an afternoon treat since our dinner plans are a little later then we typically eat at home. One day will be a 1/2 day at animal kingdom and then heading to the pool if it is nice weather.

I'm not finding much at CSR that is a snack credit. I'm surprised that there isn't any snack credit food by the pool. Any suggestions?

We plan on using our snack credits mainly for an afternoon treat since our dinner plans are a little later then we typically eat at home. One day will be a 1/2 day at animal kingdom and then heading to the pool if it is nice weather. I'm not finding much at CSR that is a snack credit. I'm surprised that there isn't any snack credit food by the pool. Any suggestions?

The gift shop has quite a few items you can get with a snack credit.

We plan on using our snack credits mainly for an afternoon treat since our dinner plans are a little later then we typically eat at home. One day will be a 1/2 day at animal kingdom and then heading to the pool if it is nice weather.

I'm not finding much at CSR that is a snack credit. I'm surprised that there isn't any snack credit food by the pool. Any suggestions?

Panchitos and Cafe Rix have all kinds of things for snack credits.

I will be honest, we are here now,and there's not nearly as much as other resorts for snacks. We honestly aren't crazy about selection at food court either for CS. We love this resort, but they seriously need more selection here. Allears reports create your own pasta and meat carving station, and I can tell you, we have been here a week and there is neither unless it's hidden somewhere:rotfl: and don't expect to buy bottled drinks as your drink with CS, they have water, orange juice, milk, apple juice:confused: Very disappointing considering other resorts selections. Cafe rix had a few other options, but the selection is even less there for food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter