Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
DD is on her way to Epcot today. Yesterday was the Studios. So far they have not waited more than 5 minutes for a bus all week. Impressive! They have been ahead of "schedule" every morning. I have been estimating the time they have to leave based on a 15 minute wait and they have never waited that long. :thumbsup2

ETA: She says buses have not been crowded, with the exception of the odd MK bus on Tuesday that circled the resort 1 1/2 times.

She did say they closed the pool slide yesterday. A lifeguard told them it had something to do with the water pump and that they hope to have it open today.

DD is on her way to Epcot today. Yesterday was the Studios. So far they have not waited more than 5 minutes for a bus all week. Impressive! They have been ahead of "schedule" every morning. I have been estimating the time they have to leave based on a 15 minute wait and they have never waited that long. :thumbsup2

And yet Tonyz who is there now at the same time using the same buses has proclaimed CSR to have the worst bus service at WDW!! :rotfl2:;)

And yet Tonyz who is there now at the same time using the same buses has proclaimed CSR to have the worst bus service at WDW!! :rotfl2:;)

Yeah could just be luck of the draw, but DD (who is only 11 but a Disney expert by now) says this is the best bus service of any resort we have been to. She also LOVES the BC lounge breakfast and snacks lol.

Yeah could just be luck of the draw, but DD (who is only 11 but a Disney expert by now) says this is the best bus service of any resort we have been to. She also LOVES the BC lounge breakfast and snacks lol.

What are the choices like at the lounge? I read recently that they've been changed.

What are the choices like at the lounge? I read recently that they've been changed.

She didn't send me any pics. She just mentioned that she has a bagel or muffin in the mornings with fresh fruit, especially the berry mix, and that it's been really good. In the evening her favorite is the chips and dips. I will get more details from her tonight if I can. With an almost 12 year old it's like pulling teeth sometimes trying to get details. :rotfl:

She didn't send me any pics. She just mentioned that she has a bagel or muffin in the mornings with fresh fruit, especially the berry mix, and that it's been really good. In the evening her favorite is the chips and dips. I will get more details from her tonight if I can. With an almost 12 year old it's like pulling teeth sometimes trying to get details. :rotfl:

Lol! I know exactly what you mean!! Ok thanks for the information. I've been curious especially since we're soon staying there for the first time!!

Question about room request for the Casitas??:confused3

I did my online check in for our stay at CSR beginning on Nov 1st and we are booked in Casitas preferred rooms.

So it give me options of ground floor, Corner, upper floor?? Does that really matter in those buildings? I did not select anything at this time, but if anyone thinks I should let me know?

All of us get around really good so I was thinking the upper floors would give us a better view?:thumbsup2

Is there any news on the rumored room updates?:confused3

They are currently updating the water heaters in Casitas. The actual resort refurb starts in January. They are starting in Cabanas area and working counter clockwise around the resort. No word on what the actual changes are.

I don't think there was any changes to breakfast. Apparently they have added some sandwich meat and a couple different snacks in the evening. No hot food like actual club level, but sounds like you can throw some meat on a bun and have a sandwhich. :)

I will attempt to get DD to take pics tonight of the snacks so you can compare them to what was offered before. We'll see how cooperative she is lol.

DD and my friends have been very content with the breakfast offerings but none of them eat a lot first thing in the morning, so it's been more than enough to hold them over until their early lunches in the parks. One morning DD had cereal and then used her empty disposable cereal bowl to fill with fruit to eat at the bus stop. The other mornings she has had a bagel or muffin and fruit. She said the fruit all tastes really fresh.

Question about room request for the Casitas??:confused3

I did my online check in for our stay at CSR beginning on Nov 1st and we are booked in Casitas preferred rooms.

So it give me options of ground floor, Corner, upper floor?? Does that really matter in those buildings? I did not select anything at this time, but if anyone thinks I should let me know?

All of us get around really good so I was thinking the upper floors would give us a better view?:thumbsup2

Upper floor would be a great view if you have a room facing the lagoon. My wife likes the top floor so there is no one above us. If you have a courtyard facing room the ground floor would be nice if one of the fountains is outside your room. If facing the parking lot it probably doesn't matter, but you can see Expedition Everest from the top floor on that side.

I will attempt to get DD to take pics tonight of the snacks so you can compare them to what was offered before. We'll see how cooperative she is lol.

DD and my friends have been very content with the breakfast offerings but none of them eat a lot first thing in the morning, so it's been more than enough to hold them over until their early lunches in the parks. One morning DD had cereal and then used her empty disposable cereal bowl to fill with fruit to eat at the bus stop. The other mornings she has had a bagel or muffin and fruit. She said the fruit all tastes really fresh.

The only people who won't be satisfied with the breakfast offerings are the ones that eat eggs, bacon, pancakes and other hot foods for breakfast. I'm a big eater. The 12 mornings we were there last Dec I usually had a bowl of cereal, couple of pieces of toast, couple of yogurts, and some fruit. I had no problem filling up. :thumbsup2

I have stayed at Coronado for the last four years and last November they changed over from regular plates and silverware to plastic and paper plates. I was extremely disappointed that the quick service changed. I just read that art of animation hotel has the regular plates and silverware. Does anyone know if Coronado went back to the nice stuff as well? I would think since we are paying more for a moderate hotel we should get the nice plates and silverware too.:)

Did you select a water view room? I stay in the cabanas every year and I request a water view room and a specific building.

Thanks saskdw and jcemom!! That sounds great! We're definitely going to have breakfast there every morning and then off to the parks. It sounds like there's something there for everyone in our family and would fill us up until our early lunches. I'm sure we'll visit the lounge for a few of the evenings as well, but mainly the mornings. At least for some evening beer and sangria right??;) Thanks again!!

I know I've asked this before but I can't find it from my phone, can someone link to pics of the 3 areas?
From the video, one of them looks like my old high school (lol) and I'm trying to figure out which.

Also maybe the link to the site that shows you each room's view?
I want to pin that for later.

Lastly, will you get your room assignment at online check in or when you arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter