Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! We have a BC room booked. We have never stayed at CSR. We have always requested an upper floor and have always received that.
Because the lounge is on the first floor should I request that? Traveling with my 69 yr old Mom and 12 yr old twin boys. No mobility issues... Just trying to decide the best option. I really won't care what they give us. Just want to request the best option.

This resort has bar none, no argument the absolute worst bus system out of any of the resorts. It's laughable.

Wow, I have found the totally opposite to be true. I've always had great bus service at CSR, I think in part because it is a convention resort, and many people staying at the resort are not using the buses.

If you want bad, go stay at an Epcot area resort. When they all share one bus (which can happen) the service is horrible.

Edited to add: I see you were upset when you arrived that your requests were not met. I can't help but think that you now had a negative impression of CSR from the start. It does stink to not get your requests, but they are always just that, requests. I have found it much better to go not expecting them and to be happy if you do get them. Going expecting to get them only sets yourself up for disappointment.

That is strange you don't like the beds. Coronado spared no expense on the matresses in their beds. They are among the most comfortable I've ever slept on. DIS is full of praises on the matresses at CSR. Even people who hated the resort have commented on how great the beds are. Most claiming the beds were actually better than the deluxe reosrts.

Strange yours are somehow different. :confused3

Unfortunately room requests are not guaranteed and every resort is full of people who didn't get their room requests. Not really fair to judge any resort based on that. That is why we always pay for a preferred location of some sort.

We knew that requests are just requests but had hoped for cabanas. I always thought Rancho was drab and ugly compared to most.

You are right about the gator though. We caught the frog and set it free. Give me a cat or small dog and I am ok, but frogs creep me out.

We went to Wal-Mart and bought a foam mattress pad and we slept better.

We drive to parks mostly. We rode bus couple of times. We waited 20 minutes for downtown Disney bus but the other 2 times it was less than a 5 minute wait. My daughter loves riding the busses so we rode the bus from MGM and we were the only 2 on the bus. That was cool to have that happen.

We knew that requests are just requests but had hoped for cabanas. I always thought Rancho was drab and ugly compared to most.

You are right about the gator though. We caught the frog and set it free. Give me a cat or small dog and I am ok, but frogs creep me out.

We we to Wal-Mart and bought a foam mattress pad and we slept better.

That's good that you found a way to make the best of the situation. Not everyone likes the same things. There are times when my entire family and all my friends rave about something, so I try it, and I don't like it. The only way to know is to give it a try though. So, now you know that CSR just isn't for you. It stinks to have such a large part of your vacation be unsatisfactory though. I hope everything else makes up for it! :goodvibes

That's good that you found a way to make the best of the situation. Not everyone likes the same things. There are times when my entire family and all my friends rave about something, so I try it, and I don't like it. The only way to know is to give it a try though. So, now you know that CSR just isn't for you. It stinks to have such a large part of your vacation be unsatisfactory though. I hope everything else makes up for it! :goodvibes

I really did want to love it here. To find the one resort that you call home but not yet. Lots more places to try though and that's the great thing. We r all having a blast. I only see my brother and his family once a year and we meet here at Disney and have a great time together and we are having a great time despite some of the bad. Not everything is going to be perfect like you hope they will be.

Hate to say we are not liking Coronado. We had requested Cabanas with a connecting room. We got Rancho section not connecting. We finally got connecting rooms but still had Rancho section. When we got to the room there was a frog in both rooms. The beds are so bad I have not slept but maybe 3 hrs a night, this first resort that this has happened. I really wanted to like this resort but we don't. Will not be back.

We loved the mattresses so much that we purchased the same set for our room at home. We've had them several years now & they sleep like a dream.
We really like staying here & it is now our resort of choice each year. So far we have never stayed in the Rancho section. We book a King water view room with a Cabanas request & so far it's worked for us. The Rancho section just isn't as pretty & peaceful looking as the rest of Resort.

Hey guys...

I have three separate room reservations for our one-week stay coming up. (Due to free dining availability.) I would really love a Casitas room near the food court building, but mainly I just really don't want to have to change rooms. My TA did note on the reservation that they were continuing from a prior, so I have my fingers crossed.

What day should I call to make these requests?

Thanks!

We drive to parks mostly. We rode bus couple of times. We waited 20 minutes for downtown Disney bus but the other 2 times it was less than a 5 minute wait. My daughter loves riding the busses so we rode the bus from MGM and we were the only 2 on the bus. That was cool to have that happen.

Unfortunately the Buses to DTD seem to be an issue at every resort. Traffic and construction in the DTD area are probably to blame for most of it. But other than DTD we've always had great bus experience at CSR. Especially to DHS, it's so close your there in a couple mins.

We loved the mattresses so much that we purchased the same set for our room at home. We've had them several years now & they sleep like a dream.
We really like staying here & it is now our resort of choice each year. So far we have never stayed in the Rancho section. We book a King water view room with a Cabanas request & so far it's worked for us. The Rancho section just isn't as pretty & peaceful looking as the rest of Resort.

The key for you is that you booked waterview. We always used to book waterview at CSR before there was Business Class. The only waterview rooms in Ranchos are around the quiet pool in 7B. So this eliminates Ranchos 6A, 6B, and 7A. We were good with pretty much any of the waterview locations. Even Ranchos 7B is nice around the quiet pool and 2 min walk to the Digsite. We really like Casitas 4 and of course any waterview in Cabanas is nice. Now we just go with BC to guarantee us a room in 9B. :thumbsup2

Happy, Happy, Happy! So excited!!! I just managed to book Be Our Guest Lunch. I've been trying almost every day since we booked our trip months ago. It is our 35th wedding anniversary trip and I really was hoping to eat here on the evening of Oct. 7 but nothing has been available since our booking window opened. Lunch will be fine. I really just want to see the restaurant. Any menu recommendations from anyone who has eaten here?

Happy, Happy, Happy! So excited!!! I just managed to book Be Our Guest Lunch. I've been trying almost every day since we booked our trip months ago. It is our 35th wedding anniversary trip and I really was hoping to eat here on the evening of Oct. 7 but nothing has been available since our booking window opened. Lunch will be fine. I really just want to see the restaurant. Any menu recommendations from anyone who has eaten here?

That is awesome!! I can not start checking for lunch FP till Oct 5th for our Nov 1st trip..Closer to 27 days our probably....I am going to start checking at 30!:thumbsup2

We loved it last time. Mom and I had the Roast beef sandwhich and the French Onion soup and it was delish!!! So big though! This time Mom and I plan to share the Roast beef and just use 1 dining credit and pay for us each the French Onion soup OOP...We can not go without the soup!!
Seriously you could share this lunch!
Then I had the chocolate creme puff for dessert and it was yummy! DD had the Strawberry cupcake and loved it too. She ordered the Croque Monsieur and she says she will again and will not be sharing!! LOL:snooty:

It is really a nice experience! I do hope to have dinner there next year , but for now another lunch will do!!

Haileys Nana said:

I had the Croque monsieur and the strawberry cupcake and loved both. I can't wait to have them again in 3 days. My daughter also had the Croque monseiur and loved it. I forget which cupcake she had. We were a party of 7 and everyone enjoyed their food at lunch.

I'm not sure what business areas you are referring to, but yes you get Cocinino lounge access with your BC room.

Thanks! (I have no idea what I was talking about in regards to the business ares. Let's just all pretend we didn't see that part, mmkay? ;-) )

We just arrived at Coronado! I had requested a room at Cabanas but I got a room at Casitas building 4 instead. Honestly, I just didn't want Ranchos. Lol. Our room is in a great location and a very nice room! We are not far from the parking lot and we have a quiet pool right outside our door. We rented a car through Alamo at the airport. I had a full size reserved and they had tons of minivans in that aisle so we are in a minivan! We're on our way to MK now. We have FP's to 7DMT, MSEP & Wishes tonight! :)

We just arrived at Coronado! I had requested a room at Cabanas but I got a room at Casitas building 4 instead. Honestly, I just didn't want Ranchos. Lol. Our room is in a great location and a very nice room! We are not far from the parking lot and we have a quiet pool right outside our door. We rented a car through Alamo at the airport. I had a full size reserved and they had tons of minivans in that aisle so we are in a minivan! We're on our way to MK now. We have FP's to 7DMT, MSEP & Wishes tonight! :)

Enjoy!! I love the Casitas 4 location. That quiet pool is twice the size of the other ones. If you go up to the 4th floor at 9pm facing the lagoon you can see the Epcot fireworks. :thumbsup2

How are the blow dryers in the rooms. Last year the one we had at the Yacht Club worked really well. Just wondering if I can make sure with the one in the room or should I bring my own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter