Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be staying at CSR during the Christmas week. If we stay at Cabanas, are the buses to the theme parks full by the time they reach Cabanas? We are hoping to do rope - drop for most days.

We are going in less than 30 days and have done online check in and the only 2 options are either Ranchos or Cabanas. Is there any difference in one over the other? Which one has a better bus stop order when going to the parks? That would be great to know if possible. Thanks

I'm new here. What's wrong with the Ranchos?

We just got back from our first stay at CSR 8/26-9/2 (loved it!!!) We requested Cabanas but ended up in Casitas 4. We strolled by Ranchos and didn't think there was anything wrong with it, other than the theming outside didn't appeal to us (I should say me). It's actually closer to the main pool than Casitas, but a farther walk to the main bldg. Before our stay I was afraid we may have a fairly long walk somewhere but after being there, I don't think any walk would be too crazy from anywhere on property. Just my opinion though! So bottom line its just personal preference. I requested Cabanas based on info. I saw on the Dis but really I think Casitas is the best section to be in and also the prettiest. Of course any walk is a little less enjoyable in the heat lol!

We are going in less than 30 days and have done online check in and the only 2 options are either Ranchos or Cabanas. Is there any difference in one over the other? Which one has a better bus stop order when going to the parks? That would be great to know if possible. Thanks

Ranchos stop is right before Cabanas stop for parks. On our recent trip busses were never crowded so it didn't matter where you got on/off, but that would most likely depend on when your trip is.

I'm a happy happy girl today! I've been itching to get "one more use" out of our APs before they expire in early January and managed to find a weekend when my husband was not on Army duty, the kids have a day out of school (they'll miss one day, but that's OK) and we had nothing else planned.

And after having a great CM on the phone this morning, we were able to snag a military-rate room at CSR, 11/8-11 -- 3 nights for $411. :banana:

I told my husband we can't stay off-site for that! It'll be my 6th stay at CSR, first since I took my sister and SIL there for the Princess Half in 2013, and first family stay there since May 2011.

I hope someone going soon will post an update with pictures of menus and offerings from the new set-up at Pepper Market that I read about in this thread.

Hello, all. I've got a reservation for business class starting on 9/14. Will I be able to access the business areas and lounge?

Hello, all. I've got a reservation for business class starting on 9/14. Will I be able to access the business areas and lounge?

I'm not sure what business areas you are referring to, but yes you get Cocinino lounge access with your BC room.

Does Business Class come with an IPO or is it just the lounge with the snacks and drinks? Considering this for our February trip as DH wants to do CL again, but it's not in the budget this time.

Does Business Class come with an IPO or is it just the lounge with the snacks and drinks? Considering this for our February trip as DH wants to do CL again, but it's not in the budget this time.

This is not club level that you find at the deluxe resorts, so no IPO. Just the lounge and snacks.

Thank you! I think we'll just go for a regular room then. Since we're driving we can bring our own drinks and munchies.

Anyone know where I can find the September activities schedule? We are wanting to know the movie schedule and what time they roast marshmallows.

We just got back from our first stay at CSR 8/26-9/2 (loved it!!!) We requested Cabanas but ended up in Casitas 4. We strolled by Ranchos and didn't think there was anything wrong with it, other than the theming outside didn't appeal to us (I should say me). It's actually closer to the main pool than Casitas, but a farther walk to the main bldg. Before our stay I was afraid we may have a fairly long walk somewhere but after being there, I don't think any walk would be too crazy from anywhere on property. Just my opinion though! So bottom line its just personal preference. I requested Cabanas based on info. I saw on the Dis but really I think Casitas is the best section to be in and also the prettiest. Of course any walk is a little less enjoyable in the heat lol!

I am here in the Ranchos section now. I had requested Cabanas, but I think with staying nine nights and needing connecting rooms it was just hard to get. We are very near transportation and near the pool. El Centro is quite a stroll, but we spend most of our time and meals in the parks. There is a mug refill area at the pool, so that is nice. Interestingly, though I know the resort to be very full, it sure does not feel that way! All that to say, I think Ranchos 6a is just great! Would not be so concerned if someone gets placed here. (BTW--have to love September--have walked on Soarin' and had five minute waits for Mine Train!!)

I am here in the Ranchos section now. I had requested Cabanas, but I think with staying nine nights and needing connecting rooms it was just hard to get. We are very near transportation and near the pool. El Centro is quite a stroll, but we spend most of our time and meals in the parks. There is a mug refill area at the pool, so that is nice. Interestingly, though I know the resort to be very full, it sure does not feel that way! All that to say, I think Ranchos 6a is just great! Would not be so concerned if someone gets placed here. (BTW--have to love September--have walked on Soarin' and had five minute waits for Mine Train!!)

Good to hear. We requested cabanas too, and we also need connecting rooms for 10 nights, so I have a feeling we won't get it either. I have heard so much negativity about ranches, but when I googled it, it looks nice:confused3 we have stayed at POR twice, and both times we were the furthest from the main building that you could possibly be. So we aren't worried about the walk. Can you tell me if the refill station at the pool has the iced tea and coffee too, or just soda?

Hello all, I am super excited to have booked our first stay at CSR for our April family trip. I think the kids will love it. I booked a business room. Is there a post or separate thread that details the offerings of the business room? I looked in the first few posts but didn't see a post specificially covering this. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup2

So excited! Received travel docs this week. Got e-mail this morning that our Magic Bands are on the way. Yeah!! Trip is only one month away!

Anyone know if you can get iced tea or coffee refilled at the pool, or just soft drinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter