• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in tomorrow for 2 nights BC before we head to DVB Resort for 3 nights! We love the club level and think it's worth every penny! I'll update on check-in and the room tomorrow morning!
Can't wait for your update...we're staying BC for the first time starting Aug 13th!!

Since CSR doesn't share busses with any other resort, what is the easist way to get from CSR to breakfast at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary? Do we just need to call a taxi?

I would take the bus to MK and just walk over to contemporary not far at all....

Hi, I have booked a King Preferred room for my husband and I for our 15th anniversary. I understand the room could be in Casitas 1-3. Is there an option of being "closer" to the Dig Site than others, as I do think we will take an afternoon to swim. Alternatively, we may be happy with a quiet pool. What would you recommend as a request?

Hi, my husband and I are going to CSR Nov 14-22 and initially we booked a preferred King but realized that the preferred rooms are usually closer to El Centro. We actually like being closer to the dig site since DH could spend hours in the hot tub so we changed to standard (I won't get bent out of shape if we don't have view).

All in all we saved several hundred dollars by making the change, made a request for Building 8A or 8B since they are optimal for location to dig site and if my memory serves me well the bus stop in that location is one of the first taking passengers to the parks so you get a seat. I am still tinkering with the idea of renting a car but really, if you are not planning to go offsite for shopping at the malls, etc. it is a waste of money, and we do enjoy a bottle of wine at Narcoosee's and Chef de France.

This will be my 5th time at CSR and I love it, I love the size, the pool area, the Pepper Market, I have never understood the negs on the food made right in front of you, and God love 'em but sometimes not so many kids can be a good thing!::yes::

Lots of great info on this thread! We are booked at CSR during the last week of FD. 1st time at this resort and we are excited to try something new.

We booked preferred, which looks like it will get us Casitas 1,2,or 3. Now that I am looking at the map, it seems we will have a little walk to the main pool. Not a huge deal-my kids will be 11 & 8.

How long of a walk from Casitas to the Dig Site? And how far to the nearest bus stop?

Thanks!!

It says in the info that Coronado opened in 2007?!? We stayed there in 2006 :confused3

It is one of the oldest moderates. Maybe opened in 1996 or 1997. Maybe 2007 was the year it was renovated?

It says in the info that Coronado opened in 2007?!? We stayed there in 2006 :confused3

Ha, I was thinking the same thing! We also stayed there in 2006. Back then the room décor was much more rustic with heavily carved headboards and the typical Aztec inspired bedspreads and they still had those behemoth TV's! I think 2009 was when they were upgrading the décor and getting rid of those huge TV's. Can you imagine what they did with them, there must have been over a thousand of them.

bama-mom said:
It is one of the oldest moderates. Maybe opened in 1996 or 1997. Maybe 2007 was the year it was renovated?

It was built in 1997 and it is actually the newest of the moderates

lylone & spiritism:

Thanks for the replies. I may end up doing both, bus to MK and walk to Chef Mickey's for breakfast one time as well as a taxi for dinner at Narcoossee's another time.

Hi. In the info posted on the first page, it says that the busses to the parks visit Castitas, Ranchos, Cabanas, and then El Centro. Is that the correct order? I was just looking at another website and it shows the order as Cabanas, Ranchos, Casitas, then El Centro.

Just wondering which is correct.

I thought I heard about room refurbs going on at CSR. Does any one have some info or some pictures to share?

Thanks!

Are Cabanas 9A & 8B still standard? I called to make a room request and was told these were preferred. We have a standard room.

Are Cabanas 9A & 8B still standard? I called to make a room request and was told these were preferred. We have a standard room.

CM you talked to was mis-informed call back. ;)

Cabanas 9B is Business Class, the rest of Cabanas is standard and waterview rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter