Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I just booked the Coronado for Dec. 13 - 20. :cool1:

Is there any way to find out if there are any conventions there during that time period?

And, questions, there are elevators in every building?

And do they charge for wireless internet in the guest rooms?

Currently here and happy to say that my worries about the cleanliness have been unfounded. Not pristine but definitely not like the stories I have heard. Staff in certain places not so great. Rix cafe staff as well as the concierge seem disengaged and rather rude at times. Other than those few, the staff have been great. I have to agree that if you don't like walking for everything stay somewhere else. Or drive wherever you are needing to go. Today is the is first of two conventions at the hotel while we are here. I'm interested to see what vibe I get with that.

I agree, some staff are lovely, others in the pepper market and the shop are rude and a bit abrupt. Overall we're loving our stay! It's the good ones that make up for it :)

Hi - I just booked the Coronado for Dec. 13 - 20. :cool1:

Is there any way to find out if there are any conventions there during that time period?

And, questions, there are elevators in every building?

And do they charge for wireless internet in the guest rooms?

The convention list on Buzz's site has nothing listed so far. We will be there Dec. 12th-26th. It will be our 4th stay at CSR in mid-late Dec. Typically there is no conventions at Christmas time. The last one usually ends around the 17th and they don't start up again until after the holidays. Last year the was a national scholastic chess championship the first few days we were there. Other than some people walking around with their portable chess kits they were hardly noticeable. There was some sort of basketball tournament going on at ESPN Wide World of Sports complex and some of the teams stayed at CSR. There were a couple nights where there was more teenagers than normal at the Digsite area, but they were well behaved and had no other impact on the resort.

I never noticed either group at Pepper Market so I think they must have had catered meals in the convention area. The main thing is there won't be any of those large conventions that take over the resort on those dates. :)

The convention list on Buzz's site has nothing listed so far. We will be there Dec. 12th-26th. It will be our 4th stay at CSR in mid-late Dec. Typically there is no conventions at Christmas time.

Good point! Who would want to have a convention right at Christmas time! :) I've stayed at the other 3 moderate resorts and am looking forward to staying at the Coronado!

Anyone know about the elevators or internet?

Are the laundry facilities ever closed? I usually do a couple loads of laundry mid-trip and would rather do it later in the evening or early in the morning to avoid the masses as well as not miss out on prime park time.

Currently here and happy to say that my worries about the cleanliness have been unfounded. Not pristine but definitely not like the stories I have heard. Staff in certain places not so great. Rix cafe staff as well as the concierge seem disengaged and rather rude at times. Other than those few, the staff have been great. I have to agree that if you don't like walking for everything stay somewhere else. Or drive wherever you are needing to go. Today is the is first of two conventions at the hotel while we are here. I'm interested to see what vibe I get with that.

Yeah, I don't know what it is about Cafe Rix, but some of the grumpiest people at WDW work there....LOL!!

Never had any issues at the Concierge desk though, always found them to be extremely pleasant and helpful.

Good point! Who would want to have a convention right at Christmas time! :) I've stayed at the other 3 moderate resorts and am looking forward to staying at the Coronado!

Anyone know about the elevators or internet?

Elevators in every building except Casitas 2.

Internet is free at all WDW resorts now.

Good point! Who would want to have a convention right at Christmas time! :) I've stayed at the other 3 moderate resorts and am looking forward to staying at the Coronado! Anyone know about the elevators or internet?
Free wifi all around the resort and parks

Can only say for sure that casitas 4 and 5 have elevators.

Are the laundry facilities ever closed? I usually do a couple loads of laundry mid-trip and would rather do it later in the evening or early in the morning to avoid the masses as well as not miss out on prime park time.
I did laundry in the middle of the day and only one other person was in there too. Not sure if they have hours though.

Laundry facilities are accessible 24 hrs a day with your Magic Band. Located by the quiet pools in Cabanas 9A, Ranchos 7B, and on the parking lot side of Casitas 4. The Casitas 4 one is a little tricky to find for first timers.

for those of you who have been before, how much better of a location are the preferred rooms?

Joining in! I just booked FD for a short trip in December (12/14-12/17) and switched from Pop to CSR b/c it was only $70 more after I upgraded to the Plus plan at Pop. Excited! Never stayed there before and I'm hearing great things!

for those of you who have been before, how much better of a location are the preferred rooms?

That's a difficult question to answer.

If you look at the map, the preferred rooms are section D: Casitas.

Blocks 1-3 in that section are pretty good for reception but aren't that close to the main pool. Block 5 is near the main pool but further from reception.

The positioning (in my opinion) is no better than the Cabanas section which isn't a 'preferred' section.

I stayed in 8A which was right next to the pool and a 5 minute walk to reception.

Which block is best depends on where you're going to visit most. For us it was the pool.

One of the benefits of Coronado is that the there are 4 bus stops so most rooms are close to a bus stop.

You are staying around the same time as us. I am going to book a preferred room. We have stayed in Ranchos, but it is such a long hike to the main hub. We aren't big on the pools so this location will be great for us, real close to the margarita bar.:thumbsup2

You are able to use the buses to get back and forth as well as 30 min parking near el centro

That's a difficult question to answer.

If you look at the map, the preferred rooms are section D: Casitas.

Blocks 1-3 in that section are pretty good for reception but aren't that close to the main pool. Block 5 is near the main pool but further from reception.

The positioning (in my opinion) is no better than the Cabanas section which isn't a 'preferred' section.

I stayed in 8A which was right next to the pool and a 5 minute walk to reception.

Which block is best depends on where you're going to visit most. For us it was the pool.

One of the benefits of Coronado is that the there are 4 bus stops so most rooms are close to a bus stop.
If I'm reading this right it seems like you are saying that all of Casitas is Preferred but only buildings 1, 2 and 3 are Preferred.

If I'm reading this right it seems like you are saying that all of Casitas is Preferred but only buildings 1, 2 and 3 are Preferred.

I don't follow!

I believe all of Casitas are preffered rooms. 1,2 & 3 are the better rooms for getting to El Centro. 5 are the better rooms for getting to the dig site.

In my opinion, it isn't worth booking a preferred room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter