Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, really, really dumb question. What in-room toiletries are provided at CSR? We will be there from Nov 7 - 11 for a convention that my husband is attending and are using DME. We own DVC so haven't stayed in a non-DVC resort since like 2006. CSR was the last non-DVC resort we stayed at. Anyway, we have an owners locker but are not getting it delivered this time since it's just me and my husband and for only for 4 nights. Because we usually have our own toiletries in our owners locker I haven't really ever paid much attention to what soaps, shampoos, body washes and lotions that are provided by Disney. Just curious what will be in the room already that I can leave at home as I am trying to make room in my quart-size baggie for some mini bottles of booze! LOL - when we have our owners locker I have a stash in that so it's not a problem. We're flying SW so COULD check a bag but are planning to fly in carry-ons only because we had to book a really late flight home (9:40 pm) after the convention ends and for 4 nights can easily pack in carry-ons. We don't land at BWI until midnight and between getting back to our car in the parking lot and driving home will have 60-90 minutes before we get home. I DO NOT want to have to go to baggage claim at that time of night. DH has to go to work the next morning. I know, long ramble for a simple question but TIA.

^ Thank you Vikster1. I was hoping there would be a body lotion too. Guess that's 1 less mini-bottle of booze for me! LOL

^ Thank you Vikster1. I was hoping there would be a body lotion too. Guess that's 1 less mini-bottle of booze for me! LOL

Opps, I didn't even notice I didn't put one in the pic. It's also the grape fruit flavor. I do have a little stash of them.

I have a friend who brings a small one with her every trip. She loves the convenience of having a microwave right in her room.
Cool!! I guess that's something I've never even considered. I didn't even know you could ask for them at check in! Learning new things everyday.

Cool!! I guess that's something I've never even considered. I didn't even know you could ask for them at check in! Learning new things everyday.
I didn't realize you could request one at CS until learning it on this tread. I don't think the other Moderates have them available. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

So I am about 12 days away from check in and I want to send a fax to help my request for a certain building. What information should I put in the fax?
I am assuming names, Dates and Confirmation Number, what else is helpful(lots of praise...)

Just returned from a stay at CSR, 5 nights, Sunday Oct 25 - Friday Oct 30. Here are my thoughts....

Stayed in Casitas 1. We booked a King preferred room, and it was a very nice room. We were on the parking lot side, and my only complaint was that we were a decent walk from both but stop 1 and 2, as we were almost smack right in between these stops. But, we were close to El Centro, so for us it was nice.

We ate at the Maya Grill and the food and service were spot on. I would highly recommend it!

We also ate at the Pepper Market a few times and each thing I had (Crab Cake sandwich, Enchiladas, Mickey Waffles) were very, very good. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food at this outlet.

Even though we had a bit of a walk to the bus stops (for a preferred room), the bus service was great. Quick and efficient, and it seemed that our buses were never very full. The obvious exception to this was early in the morning, while trying to get to MK rope drop. Those buses were pretty full. I'm not sure if the fact that this is a convention hotel, and a majority of these guests may not be going to the parks, so they felt empty both going to and coming from the parks.

All in all, I would highly recommend this moderate resort. Having stayed at CSR, CBR, and POR, I would rank them as follows...

1. POR
2. CSR
3. CBR

Just returned from a stay at CSR, 5 nights, Sunday Oct 25 - Friday Oct 30. Here are my thoughts....

Stayed in Casitas 1. We booked a King preferred room, and it was a very nice room. We were on the parking lot side, and my only complaint was that we were a decent walk from both but stop 1 and 2, as we were almost smack right in between these stops. But, we were close to El Centro, so for us it was nice.

We ate at the Maya Grill and the food and service were spot on. I would highly recommend it!

We also ate at the Pepper Market a few times and each thing I had (Crab Cake sandwich, Enchiladas, Mickey Waffles) were very, very good. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food at this outlet.

Even though we had a bit of a walk to the bus stops (for a preferred room), the bus service was great. Quick and efficient, and it seemed that our buses were never very full. The obvious exception to this was early in the morning, while trying to get to MK rope drop. Those buses were pretty full. I'm not sure if the fact that this is a convention hotel, and a majority of these guests may not be going to the parks, so they felt empty both going to and coming from the parks.

All in all, I would highly recommend this moderate resort. Having stayed at CSR, CBR, and POR, I would rank them as follows...

1. POR
2. CSR
3. CBR
What did you like about POR over CSR? We have stayed quite a few times at POFQ and looking forward to CSR next month. Just wondered what put POR over CSR?

So I am about 12 days away from check in and I want to send a fax to help my request for a certain building. What information should I put in the fax?
I am assuming names, Dates and Confirmation Number, what else is helpful(lots of praise...)

I'm about 7 days out today and I'm faxing in tomorrow with just that exact information. Names, dates, confirmation number, room type and our requests. I've never faxed before but I'm pretty sure that's enough information.

We've been back now almost two weeks and I'm finally getting a minute.

Spent our first two nights in a king/business class room before moving over to the Beach Club. I used Touring Plans/fax service for room assignment for the first time as I don't normally have luck with room requests. According to them, they recommended room 9651 on the 2nd floor as one of the better King/business class room views and that's exactly what we ended up getting. Room wasn't ready upon arrival but we were in by 3:30p which was no biggie as we just hung by the pool all day :).

Our room was in excellent condition and very clean. The location of the Cabanas section can't be beat in my opinion - close walk to the main pool, close walk to El Centro and to the buses. I know I've said this before and I'll say it again, we find CSR to be one of the quietest resorts we've ever stayed in. I honestly never heard a peep outside our room or next door. I also find the business class lounge to be worth the few extra $$ it cost us...breakfast was always fresh and the evening apps and drinks were so convenient.

CSR is by far our favorite moderate - the grounds are so pretty and peaceful and while some folks think it's so huge, we actually find CBR and POR to be bigger (they may not be, but they feel so much bigger). We were lucky to get a discount for next year so we will be staying at CSR exclusively next October for F&W!! Here's a couple of pics of our room (not too clear-phone was acting up) and the room view:

20151016_145538_zpsfnalcv1w.jpg

20151016_163429_zpsd8n32tt6.jpg

We are staying here in April. At what point should/can we request our room location? We have booked a waterview but I want to be in The Cabanas.

We are staying here in April. At what point should/can we request our room location? We have booked a waterview but I want to be in The Cabanas.

You can call the main reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival. We usually have the phone CM add our requests when we book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter