Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I am planning a trip to WDW for next July/Aug with my mom and my 2 kids--boy and girl who will be 11 and 12 on the trip. I am thinking that my mom will have one of the beds and my daughter and I will share the other. That leaves my son. Does CSR still have the rollaway beds? Anyone use one recently? I don't want either of my children on the floor with an air mattress (if I can help it) due to allergies/asthma. Thanks so much for any input!

I booked the other night for Maya Grill, anyone eat there and got any recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Anyone try the Maya grill? Worth trying?

I ate at Maya Grill for the first time last month. It wasn't objectionable, but not good either. My favorite thing was the mango sorbet. My salad was lacking flavor, the beets tasted straight from a can, beef shortrib was good but plain, untoasted sesame seeds on top were weird addition and mashed potatoes underneath had been overwhipped and were beginning to turn to glue.

Ate at Las Ventanas for breakfast one morning; had the chorizo skillet and a virgin bloody mary. Liked it so I returned for lunch on my last day, had the mahi sandwich. Try the jicama salad - yumm!

Did you get a chance see at the pepper market. I've heard mixed reviews about it but the menu seems pretty good.

We have an early morning breakfast reservation at BOG (8:05) on a day Magic Kingdom opens at 9:00am. Does anyone know what time busses start running in the morning and what time we would need to be waiting at the bus stop to be at the park by 7:30-7:45am? Thanks in advance.
Had the same reservation time as u. Got on a bus at 7:15 and was at MK by 7:45. U will have a great time. By the way on my BOG day MK opened at 8:00. So u will definitely be ok. Enjoy CSR. As there are practically no waits for buses.

Peppers Market food is ok. And while I was there it was hardly any wait for food. I was just there 9/26-10/2. Loved CSR!!

Did you get a chance see at the pepper market. I've heard mixed reviews about it but the menu seems pretty good.
We ate at the PM. Food was pretty good IMO. Breakfast twice and dinner once. Breakfast was better but I just had chicken with mashed potatoes and vegetables. Veggies were too soggy, chicken had good flavor and wasn't dry.

Just got back from a fantastic trip at CSR. The grounds of the resort is absolutely beautiful, and the staff was great. The bus system was so fast and convenient except for the Magical Express going home. We had 4:15 PM pick-up, the 4:15 bus didn't come until 4:55, and it was full. So we had to wait for the next bus that "was arriving shortly", but didn't come back until 5:20. That was the only fiasco.

The rooms definitely could use a refresh. Much of our furniture was beat up, and the bed skirt had a nice size tear in it upon arriving at the room, but we were in Casitas 5, third floor with a great view of the lake (didn't pay for a water view). We only ate at Pepper Market one time for breakfast, and it was pretty standard. I would suggest splitting an omelet, as it was very large.

Overall, fantastic trip. I want to go back, already. So maybe in the Spring!!

Hi, I read under the room descriptions that the Junior Suites are the size of 2 standard rooms - does this mean that it has 2 full bathrooms?

I stayed in a junior suite on my first stay at CSR. The junior suites have two full bathrooms. They are basically connecting rooms with different furniture in one room. One room is set up like a living area with a murphy bed.

Anyone know where I could find historical recreation calendars? We are staying in June 2016, and I'm just wondering what time the movies start, etc. Thanks!

9 more days to go sooooo excited :banana::banana:.

Has anyone had any luck with room requests/fax thru Touring Plans? I've read some real success stories but have never used this service myself. Figured I have nothing to lose so I just filled out the online form and sent it. We'll see if I get what I requested :goodvibes.

9 more days to go sooooo excited :banana::banana:.

Has anyone had any luck with room requests/fax thru Touring Plans? I've read some real success stories but have never used this service myself. Figured I have nothing to lose so I just filled out the online form and sent it. We'll see if I get what I requested :goodvibes.

Have a wonderful trip...we will be there in 7 days :mickeyjum:donald::goofy:, this is our first time staying here so we are super excited by it. Unfortunately I hadn't done room requests through Touring Plans, however I did call CRO a while back and put in my request (hoping for the Cabanas section)...fingers crossed that we both get what we want.

Have a wonderful trip...we will be there in 7 days :mickeyjum:donald::goofy:, this is our first time staying here so we are super excited by it. Unfortunately I hadn't done room requests through Touring Plans, however I did call CRO a while back and put in my request (hoping for the Cabanas section)...fingers crossed that we both get what we want.

Thank you.

We absolutely LOVE CSR...it is our favorite moderate and we can't wait to return!!!

I hope you have a wonderful trip as well!

We have never stayed at this moderate. We made last minute plans for my Food and Wine for my birthday and we are so excited. Question: are the quiet pools really quiet? I love to relax with a book and a cocktail.

We have never stayed at this moderate. We made last minute plans for my Food and Wine for my birthday and we are so excited. Question: are the quiet pools really quiet? I love to relax with a book and a cocktail.

They can be. But Disney does not refer to these pools as quiet pools any longer, they refer to them as leisure pools. They are usually more relaxed, and quieter, than the main feature pools because the leisure pools do not have the daily afternoon pool parties. Disney changed the name because people were complaining that there were kids playing and making noise at the quiet pool.

You'll have a better chance of being able to enjoy a book at one of the leisure pools over the main feature pool for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter