• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here now, no connecting rooms but that's the story of my life with Disney. Two rooms on different floors of the same building and the third two buildings away.

Peppers is no where near as good taster selection wise as the last time we stayed here
Nachos were pretty good though

Anyway the cm told me that if you have "express check out" that they run charges every night vs at the end of your stay. I know this was mentioned earlier but wasn't clear on how or why, seems like it has to do with express check out or not

We used express checkout (and got a late check out) but were not charged for our room charges unitl the evening of our departure day. The total was under $600 so I'm not sure it that had anything to do with it. It's too bas about the connecting rooms. We were in 9b and did not need connecting rooms, but got one.

Does anyone have any details of the scope of work for the room renovations supposedly starting next month at the Coronado? We are staying for 10 nights in a standard room in September and curious what's changing. My personal hope is that the bathrooms will get a overhaul with new tile.

Side note on those who have talked about rats, have not seen any but they have those big black poison bait boxes around.
The trash has been all over the place in the mornings by the elevators too, prob raccoons on that front though.

Florida elks convention coming in. Sold out through Monday I'm told.

As for buses after two days, the have been pretty good time wise. I know a lot is luck of when you walk up but the longest I have waited is about 15 mins and that was after I pasted up a bus and waited for the next because not everyone in my party was there for the first.
At stop 4 and there have been seats on everyone so far.
Coming back from Epcot at closing was packed full but that's expected

Is a room overlooking the pool considered standard view or water?
If it's water I was upgraded from standard

Last edited:

For those who have done faxed room requests for this resort before, how successful were you and when did you submit your request? I've never done it and just curious about results.

Side note on those who have talked about rats, have not seen any but they have those big black poison bait boxes around.

I saw one rat during our five days at CSR. We were walking back from the pool at about 10:30 at night. I saw one run across a side path from the corner of my eye. No one else in my family noticed so I didn't mention it to them. I think I would have been more disgusted if I saw the rat climbing in and out of a trash can or skulking near a building. Since it was just running in a natural area, it didn't bother me any more than a lizard or squirrel. Well, maybe a little more than that.

A raccoon ran across at blizzard beach today around 4:30 near the gates
Should have seen the workers faces as kids started yelling

Hi, apologies as am sure this has been asked many times before but reading 175 pages may take me a while! We are staying at Coronado Springs in August, family of 4 with 2 excited girls aged 10 and 8 and wanted to know whether you can request a certain location, and if so what is the best to request? Don't know too much about the resort so trying to figure it all out!
Many thank for any advice.
M73

Hi, apologies as am sure this has been asked many times before but reading 175 pages may take me a while! We are staying at Coronado Springs in August, family of 4 with 2 excited girls aged 10 and 8 and wanted to know whether you can request a certain location, and if so what is the best to request? Don't know too much about the resort so trying to figure it all out!
Many thank for any advice.
M73

They let you request building areas. With ages 8 & 10 you likely want to be near the main pool which is the cabanas section. On the flip side I stayed in Bldg. 4 which is one of the furthest away from the pool and I loved it. It's the closest building to the lobby without having to pay preferred and being at the first bus stop is great. The only bad thing about Bldg. 4 is it has the longest walk to the big pool and there is a quiet pool right there.

To mobile73: We always stay in building 8A in the Cabanas section. It is close to the main pool and bus stop #4. There is also a quiet pool in the Ranchos section that is close by. The Dig Site pool is fantastic. Your girls will love the slide and the afternoon pool games. In the mornings at pool opening time they do a little ceremony with the kids to call upon the water gods and start the waterfall on the pyramid. There is also evening movies by the pool and marshmallow roasting. Ask for a corner room in the Cabanas buildings when you check in because some of them have two windows. Coronado Springs is a great resort and you'll have a wonderful time. Cheers!!!!

preferred are rooms in casita 1, 2, and 3. Business class rooms (with access to the lounge) are in cabana 9b and standard are in the other buildings.

We have standard room at CSR for Nov 19-27, my BIL has a standard room for same dates at CSR. We are linked as "traveling with" along with my ILs arriving Nov 23 staying thru 27th. When we initially booked, only standard was avail. I've given up hope of BC becoming avail, but now water view is available. My question is this...I'm really digging the location of the cabanas and intend to make that request #1 on ours and BIL's room requests...would upgrading to water view improve our chances? Worried chances of getting cabanas with standard room at such a busy time are slim:( ILs have king room booked...hope to have them in same building.

Thoughts??

I have reservations at The Grand Floridian at 9:00 for breakfast. What time would I need to catch the bus? Going in July.

I have reservations at The Grand Floridian at 9:00 for breakfast. What time would I need to catch the bus? Going in July.

If using Disney transportation, I would be at the bus stop at 7:30. You have to take the bus to MK then either Monorail or boat over to the GF.

We have found it much better to use a taxi when going to another resort for breakfast. If you take a taxi it can pick you up around 8:30 and probably be around $14-$16.

Does anyone have any details of the scope of work for the room renovations supposedly starting next month at the Coronado? We are staying for 10 nights in a standard room in September and curious what's changing. My personal hope is that the bathrooms will get a overhaul with new tile.
I'm curious about this as well

We may be booking a stay in July. Does anyone know if there will be any large groups there in July?
It would be our first stay at this resort.

We may be booking a stay in July. Does anyone know if there will be any large groups there in July?
It would be our first stay at this resort.
Can't answer your question but I can tell you that the resort was sold out over the weekend with two conventions and it didn't seem busy IMO
In fact there has only been one time the bus was even an issue. One bus came and was full, picked no one up
A second bus came and filled up as my family was boarding. Half of us were asked to stay back and we did. Here comes the real issue, got the the next stop and they announced to pack tighter so we can load more people, I of course was pissed and questioned why some fp my family was told the bus was full and wait while now they wanted to load more people???

If using Disney transportation, I would be at the bus stop at 7:30. You have to take the bus to MK then either Monorail or boat over to the GF.

We have found it much better to use a taxi when going to another resort for breakfast. If you take a taxi it can pick you up around 8:30 and probably be around $14-$16.

We cabbed it from CSR to the Contemporary for a pre-park ADR at Crystal Palace. It was $17 including tip. We got in the cab at 7:05 and were in line at MK by 7:35 after walking over from the Contemporary.

Hi, Can someone please tell me if all the pools have steps to get into the pool? I can't do the ladder for entry due to a shoulder injury and am worried. thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter