Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I know it's way too early to get so excited but I'm planning a trip for May 2016 to stay at CSR (for the first time) with a friend. (We were originally thinking may 2015 and go cheap but figured we wait a year and do it up nice instead). And I was thinking of splurging a little for club level and was wondering if anyone can tell me what is served drinks and food wise. I know it says light snacks or w/e but I was hoping someone could share more details. Just wanna prove to my friend that it's worth it. She's pickier then I am so someone help me out!! ;)

While we haven't stayed in the business class yet, my adult nephew and his family just got back a couple of weeks ago and sent me several pictures while he was there as he knew our trip was coming up and I was curious.

Breakfast food was continental style and I remember seeing bagels, asst'd pastries, fresh fruit, cereal and yogurt. To drink, I remember seeing coffee, tea, juices and milk. In the evening, as another pp said, asst'd chips, dips, veggies, sangria, beer, wine along with sodas are available and there were also evening cordials.

I will say this...last time we stayed at CSR was in October of '09. We had a preferred room in the Casitas section and were fairly close to the main building. While we really enjoyed our overall stay at CSR, we all pretty much hated having such a hike to get to the main pool and since it was extremely hot and humid that year, we only made the trek twice. After that, we used the quiet pool which we soon realized wasn't so quiet as soon as the conventioneers took over :rolleyes:.

Once we found out there was a business class and we did the math, we quickly realized it would be totally worth it for our family of 4. We love the location of the cabanas and since we no longer do the DP, we will definitely take advantage of the breakfast each day along with the snacks and drinks in the evening just as we do when we stay CL at the deluxe resorts :).

Just asked him and he said that his wife had some sort of liquer on one of the nights they were there (he's not a drinker). He can't remember if the bottles were out or if his wife asked but he said she definitely had something :confused3.

So I decided to go right to the source (my nephew's wife) and asked her.

She said she did indeed have a cordial, HOWEVER, it wasn't from the BC lounge as my nephew thought. She said she actually brought it in from one of the other lounges and just let him think it came from there...according to her, he didn't ask so she didn't tell :upsidedow. Good thing he's not on these boards :rotfl:.

We leave tomorrow night!! Should arrive at CSR by 10:00pm!! This will be our first stay! It's my daughter's birthday trip and she has always wanted to stay at CSR!

If you don't mind, could you post how your late check in goes? We will be checking in around that time in January and I am a little concerned that we won't be able to get the type of room we requested because they will be gone by that time of night.
Thanks in advance.

So which bus stop is first? On the front page of this thread, it says Stop #4. But others have posted it is Sop #2. I am looking for park-wise.

If you don't mind, could you post how your late check in goes? We will be checking in around that time in January and I am a little concerned that we won't be able to get the type of room we requested because they will be gone by that time of night. Thanks in advance.

I will be happy to!

Here now, resort is beautiful.

Concierge would not allow me to do early ticket pickup. The fellow said they couldn't do it anymore since they are not hard tickets, they are on the bands.

We will be heading to MK early tomorrow and I sure hope it will work there at guest relations

Here now, resort is beautiful.

Concierge would not allow me to do early ticket pickup. The fellow said they couldn't do it anymore since they are not hard tickets, they are on the bands.

We will be heading to MK early tomorrow and I sure hope it will work there at guest relations

I'd stop by the concierge desk when someone else is there and try again. They can do it. The person you asked may not have known how, but they can do it.

I think there is an influx of newer staff at CSR right now that find it easier to say something can't be done than to find someone who knows how. I saw several examples of that last week and the week before.

Any advice on getting a late check out?

Other than "good luck"? :)

It all depends on how many arrivals they expect that day. The housekeeping staff has details on every room, including what time their DME departure is, and they are continually trying to flip room inventory.

Last Friday our DME bus time was 9:45am and housekeeping was knocking on the door at 8am wanting to know what time we were checking out.

I told her 11am and closed the door. She knocked again, and when I opened it she told me it said (pointing to her paper) that we were leaving at 9:45am.

I said yeah, and it's only 8am so thank you very much and closed the door again.

They can be very insistent when they have to turn over the rooms.

Here now, resort is beautiful. Concierge would not allow me to do early ticket pickup. The fellow said they couldn't do it anymore since they are not hard tickets, they are on the bands. We will be heading to MK early tomorrow and I sure hope it will work there at guest relations

We have never tried picking up tickets early with the concierge. We always do it at Guest Services and have not had any issues (even since the introduction of magic bands).

Other than "good luck"? :) It all depends on how many arrivals they expect that day. The housekeeping staff has details on every room, including what time their DME departure is, and they are continually trying to flip room inventory. Last Friday our DME bus time was 9:45am and housekeeping was knocking on the door at 8am wanting to know what time we were checking out. I told her 11am and closed the door. She knocked again, and when I opened it she told me it said (pointing to her paper) that we were leaving at 9:45am. I said yeah, and it's only 8am so thank you very much and closed the door again. They can be very insistent when they have to turn over the rooms.

I guess I am just going to keep my fingers crossed. We are not using DME and when I checked in online I noted that we were not planning on checking out until 3pm (even though I know checkout is 11am). We have plans to hit AK that morning and our fast passes will keep us busy until 1pm. Would really like to not have to check out before heading to the park. Hopefully we'll be one of the lucky ones :)

After the HDDR show what is the best way to return to Coronado? We are doing MK that day so getting to it by boat will be easy. It's the return I'm worried about.

After the HDDR show what is the best way to return to Coronado? We are doing MK that day so getting to it by boat will be easy. It's the return I'm worried about.

We took the boat back to MK and walked right over to a waiting bus for CSR.

I guess I am just going to keep my fingers crossed. We are not using DME and when I checked in online I noted that we were not planning on checking out until 3pm (even though I know checkout is 11am). We have plans to hit AK that morning and our fast passes will keep us busy until 1pm. Would really like to not have to check out before heading to the park. Hopefully we'll be one of the lucky ones :)

From my experience, a check out request after 3:00 pm will not be complimentary.

If you are going to the first show, just return to MK and catch your bus back to the resort. If going to the second or third show, there will be buses right beside Pioneer Hall that will take you back. You will share this bus with other resorts, though, just like on the ME buses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter