DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Garshk... I didn't have time to read dozens of pages of posts...Sorry

LOL!:rotfl:

Dalton5, that question gets asked so often it doesn't hurt to post the current mug situation on every other page. No doubt someone else found it useful. On behalf of those who did, thanks for posting!

IMG_0130.jpg

So that is what it looks like from the tower. I can't bring myself to pay that much more for the tower. We just stay in the garden.

Its a pretty big price jump from garden wing to MK view in the tower, however if you are planning on the tower in general (see my previous post about everything in 1 building) the price jump to MK view isn't so bad.

Hi Miler1600 - Just wanted to add by 2 cents as to what I like about the Contemporary Resort.

I definitely agree with CR Resort Fan 4 Life, that wonderful view will always have my family coming back for more. In my opinion, the CR was made for MK viewing due to the tower portion of the building. It is the only resort again in my opinion, offering that breath taking view of the Magic Kingdom, and the added plus of being able to view the fireworks from your balcony, just can't be beat. The GF offers some MK views (which we have experienced), but they just don't seem to compare with the CR views.

Another thing I like about the CR is the convenience of the monorail to the Ticket & Transportation Center to assist in getting to other WDW resort areas and Downtown Disney for dining and shopping. Of course a bus can be taken, but there is just something about riding the monorail even if it is only to get a bus to go on to other areas. Sometimes, we just ride the monorail loop several times at night as we like to sit and enjoy the beautiful views.

We are local Disney, and visit the world more often than I like to admit, but before moving to central Florida, we have visited Disney since it opened when there were no other resort offerings other than the CR and Poly. So, I guess the CR brings back many happy memories of prior trips to WDW. Now that we are local, we come down, dine at the California Grill or Concourse Steak House, order room service, relax by the pool, sit on the balcony to people watch, view the fire works and water parade and never leave the building for the weekend, unless we decide to ride over to downtown Disney for a movie. The California Grill is one of our favorite Disney restaurants, and the view from the Grill at firework time is just awesome. We use Disney as a close to home R&R location.

Of course, the CR is not the only resort we visit, we love all the deluxe resorts, and visit them quite frequently, but when we want quick access to the MK and fireworks, the CR is the only resort for us.

Can someone please tell me the best way to get to each of these from the Contemporary ? Monorail -Bus- Taxi

1. Dinner at Poly?
2. Dinner at GF ?
3. Epcot for Early Magic ?

The monorail is the best for all three :)

Unless you want to leave at the last minute for dinner, then a taxi might be the best way to go, but the monorail is door to dorr service :)

Have fun!

Will we be able to take the same train or do have to switch at the TTC to get to each of them?

Thanks for the Help!

The monorail route from the CR is TTC, Poly, GF, MK.

So judge your time by the fact that you have to make some stops but you should be fine doing the monorail plus it is so much fun!

Yes for Epcot you will need to switch to the Epcot monorail at the TTC.

Although you'll have to switch for EPCOT (not GF or Poly), it is an easy one - they just have you walk across the platform and board the EPCOT monorail :)

Definitely allow enough time!

HI,,,,

We will be staying at the CR in Nov. :woohoo:, and I was wondering if any one has stayed in any of the PREVIOUS ALLOWED SMOKING ROOMS?? I know they have all be REFRESHED ---but I am very sensitive to the lingering smoke smell in rooms etc:sick: ---so I was just wondering if any one has had any problem with this---can this be requested if I call the resort direct? :confused3 Thanks!

I'm finally here! So far it's everything I dreamed and then some. The view is amazing. While there are some great pics of the MK view on this thread, the I'm convinced a photo could never do it justice. Remember what I said about this trip being a one time splurge...well thats sentiment is going out the window already. My g/f and I are already talking about trying to get a bounce back for a MK view room next september.:love:

Anyways, my room request was met and so far i couldn't be happier. We are on the 9th floor above chef mickeys. I haven't heard any noise from the restaurant yet, but then again we didn't spend a while lot of time here today until Wishes started. Tomorrow will be the first true test. As for construction, the structure for the gift shop is higher than the last photo I'd seen. Other than that it looks the same. I haven't gotten a good look at the DVC building yet. Tomorrow I should have more time to poke around and check things out.

I'm finally here! So far it's everything I dreamed and then some. The view is amazing. While there are some great pics of the MK view on this thread, the I'm convinced a photo could never do it justice. Remember what I said about this trip being a one time splurge...well thats sentiment is going out the window already. My g/f and I are already talking about trying to get a bounce back for a MK view room next september.:love:

Anyways, my room request was met and so far i couldn't be happier. We are on the 9th floor above chef mickeys. I haven't heard any noise from the restaurant yet, but then again we didn't spend a while lot of time here today until Wishes started. Tomorrow will be the first true test. As for construction, the structure for the gift shop is higher than the last photo I'd seen. Other than that it looks the same. I haven't gotten a good look at the DVC building yet. Tomorrow I should have more time to poke around and check things out.
Thanks for the live report! We were supposed to arrive today too, but had to postpone to Februaray. Hope you have a fantastic time.

Thanks for posting from there, so go have fun and keep us updated when you can.

HI,,,,

We will be staying at the CR in Nov. :woohoo:, and I was wondering if any one has stayed in any of the PREVIOUS ALLOWED SMOKING ROOMS?? I know they have all be REFRESHED ---but I am very sensitive to the lingering smoke smell in rooms etc:sick: ---so I was just wondering if any one has had any problem with this---can this be requested if I call the resort direct? :confused3 Thanks!

The CR has had all no smoking rooms for well over a year. By now I doubt if they even remember which rooms used to be smoking optional.

What is a "bounce back"?

The CR has had all no smoking rooms for well over a year. By now I doubt if they even remember which rooms used to be smoking optional.
I think it was either the 9th or 10th floor where in the Tower where they had some smoking rooms, however as you said since they got rid of them before the ban there should be nothing to worry about.

I think it was either the 9th or 10th floor where in the Tower where they had some smoking rooms, however as you said since they got rid of them before the ban there should be nothing to worry about.

Can I call ahead and request a certain floor of the Magic Kindom View?. What is the best floor to request?

Can I call ahead and request a certain floor of the Magic Kindom View?. What is the best floor to request?

Sure, add the request to your reservation..but as you've probably read on the boards many times...request is the key word! :)

Think we were on the 8th floor (several years ago) and the view was great. Although we are the among the few guests who cannot get past looking at the parking lot, so for us the MK view is questionable for the extra cost. Of course, we'd probably do it again anyway LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter