DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do all the rooms at the CR have a DVD player hooked up to the flat panel TV? Our room on the Atrium Club did, but I wasn't sure if all the rooms did or not. Here's a picture of ours from Sept 2006.

When I last stayed at the CR in Dec. '06, there was not a DVD player in the room. I was in a standard tower room.

We are coming in November for our first ever CR stay for 3 nites before the Poly. We are booked for the Atrium club without a guaranteed view. I requested a MK view, but as I said, no guarantee!
I'm rethinking our plan. A tower, theme park view is available. It would mean we would def. get the view we want, but then no atrium club. In your opinions, which would be the way to go? Atrium club, usure of view or Tower room, with a definite theme park view? Help!

We are coming in November for our first ever CR stay for 3 nites before the Poly. We are booked for the Atrium club without a guaranteed view. I requested a MK view, but as I said, no guarantee!
I'm rethinking our plan. A tower, theme park view is available. It would mean we would def. get the view we want, but then no atrium club. In your opinions, which would be the way to go? Atrium club, usure of view or Tower room, with a definite theme park view? Help!
My personal opinion is the Atrium Club is worth the risk of not having the Magic Kingdom view, because staying up there makes things a lot more relaxing. At least that is what my parents and I say when we stay up there. Even if you did not end up with a Magic Kingdom view, you can still see it from the lounge anytime you wanted. I know it's not the same as having a room up there, however it's still better then not seeing it. Also you know you have a 50/50 shot of getting a Magic Kingdom view, so it's a fair chance. Finally whenever my parents and I have stayed on the Atrium Club we have never requested a Magic Kingdom view and we always end up getting it. I know that will not help you right now however if we can always end up with a Magic Kingdom view and not requesting it, then anything is possible.

Although if a Magic Kingdom view is really important for you, then maybe you should consider switching your reservation. In the end I am sure you will have a great time and a great stay at the Contemporary.

I'll offer the opposite opinion of CR Resort Fan, but in the end it just shows it depends on what is most important to you. I've never stayed in the Atrium Club (or the CR for that matter). But for my first stay coming up, the most importarant thing to me was having the MK view room. Even though you may be able to see the park from the lounges and hallways on the Atrium Club level, to me it doesn't compare with the thought of having my own private balcony to sit on and enjoy the view.

During my stays at the Contemporary in the renovated rooms in Aug 06, Dec 06 and Aug 07 there was a DVD player. So it's weird that it was not in your room.

We were in a Tower room/Bay view a week ago and did not have a DVD player. Maybe it's only for 12th and 14th floor - isn't that where you usually stay?

I know this has probably been covered somewhere in this thread but I just don't have time to slog through 177 pages, as I have so much I need to get done before we leave on FRIDAY... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: so I apologize for asking, but are coffee pots standard in the CR rooms or do you need to request one? (We'll be in the Tower if that makes a difference.) I'm thinking if they're not standard I'll just tote my own mini-coffee pot along with me. I need my jolt in the morning! :surfweb:

Thanks in advance!

We just returned Monday, and I can say that in our MK View Tower room, we did not have a DVD player.

Thanks for the info on the DVD player. We will bring our portable DVD now!

We did have a coffee pot, but we were on the 12th floor. If I'm not mistaken, all rooms have the coffee pot and supplies in the room.

Hi There -- Does is seem that planning a trip to Disney involves as much decision making as planning your financial future?? :goodvibes You do seem to have a dilemma. Having stayed both with Atrium Club Level and without, I think you should base your decision on your use of the Atrium Club. Will you need or be using concierge services to book dining reservations, etc. ?? If you have younger children, use of the Atrium Club is great, as you can grab a relaxing breakfast :coffee: there without getting in the crowds of the more public dining facilities, and it's nice to have an extra space in which to lounge, which are the only reasons I choose to stay concierge at any Disney resort. I 'm pretty much a control type individual and make all plans for dining, shows, etc. personally to assure I get what I want. Concierge is also great for helping to assist with "special" type requests such as a birthday/anniversary cake, or for arrival surprises for the kids, hubby or wife. If you are going to use the concierge services, definitely stay with the Atrium Club, if not, get the view.:woohoo:

Now as for that coveted view. In my opinion, nothing beats a tower Magic Kingdom view. As this is your first trip, I would recommend it highly. We love to watch the fireworks from the balcony of our room in the evening, or just relax and enjoy the view during the day. Again, in my opinion, the Contemporary was made for Magic Kingdom viewing, and at least one stay with a Magic Kingdom view is a must. We have probably stayed at the Contemporary 20+ times, and always like to get the Magic Kingdom view. Garden view rooms are also very nice as the landscaping is always beautiful, and there are many places around the Contemporary whereby you can view the fireworks, or catch a glimpse of the Magic Kingdom. There is also the possibility that you may get Atrium Club and a Magic Kingdom view. Tinkerbell may just happen to spread a little pixie dust your way on your arrival date :cheer2: , which would be the best of both worlds, Atrium Club & Magic Kingdom view. If you feel luck is on you side, keep the Atrium Club reservation, and ask for a Magic Kingdom view when you check-in, if available, you'll get it. If you feel you would be disappointed without the view, book the view. At Disney, resorts and views are offered to satisfy personal choices. Therefore, make the choice that would suit you and your family's personal desires and needs while on vacation.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to your decision making. The Contemporary is a great resort, and I'm sure whether you stay Atrium Club or not, you will have a very magical trip. :thumbsup2 By the way, let us know your choice, and post a trip report of your stay. Have a safe trip.!!!

Are you sure about the Outer Rim closing with the Concourse Steakhouse? I was under the impression that it would remain open after all of the rehabs on the concourse were completed.

I'm never sure about any WDW plans until I see them actually happen.

A management level CM told us a couple of years ago about the plans to re-do the Concourse level and the DVC tower replacing the north wing. When I posted the info here a few people really freaked out over it and doubted my info, so I didn't post any more about it. What he also told us at that time was that convention attendees complained about having to go to the 4th floor for breaks in their meetings, so the plan was to close the Concourse Steakhouse and Outer Rim, combine them into one large facility on the 1st floor to please the convention people, then use the space on the 4th floor to expand Chef Mickey's and move the fast food and arcade up there. He had also told us that the registration desks were to be moved to the 4th floor, but I haven't heard anything at all about that happening (it doesn't even make sense!) so maybe there will be other differences as well. Like I said, this was 2 or more years ago, and the plans could have been changed from what he originally told us. I hope so. I would dearly love to see the Outer Rim stay on the Concourse Level. We'll be staying at GF in about 5 weeks and are dining at the Concourse Steakhouse and Cali Grill, so you can bet DH will be asking around about the current plans. I'll post what he learns about it.

I know this has probably been covered somewhere in this thread but I just don't have time to slog through 177 pages, as I have so much I need to get done before we leave on FRIDAY... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: so I apologize for asking, but are coffee pots standard in the CR rooms or do you need to request one? (We'll be in the Tower if that makes a difference.) I'm thinking if they're not standard I'll just tote my own mini-coffee pot along with me. I need my jolt in the morning! :surfweb:

Thanks in advance!

Coffee pots are standard. Sometimes they're in a cabinet near the refrigerator, so you might have to look for it. If you don't see it, call Housekeeping and ask to have one brought to your room. Supplies are refreshed daily. I know what you mean about needing that morning jolt!

I also am second guessing myself about the Atrium Club.

We're bringing my parents in '08 they haven't been to DW since '88.

Unfortunately it will probably be their last trip to DW, DF(86) doesn't travel very well anymore.

Since it will probably be their last hurrah, DW and I decided to go all out. DM really would like to stay at GF, but there is nothing available in the main building and that is important to DF due to mobility issues.

So we decided that the CR tower would be best and tossed up between Atrium Club and MK view. It's costing us $1500 extra for Atrium Club but DM, DF, DD, DS, DW and I will remember this trip for a LOOONG time to come. I hope it's the right decision. I wanted to go with the 2BR suite, but DW wouldn't let me cough up the extra $3,000, above the Atrium Club.

One other question, since we reserved Atrium Club that means we'll be on the 12th floor, correct, or is it either the 12th or 14th floor?

NJRRK, I think you will really enjoy the Artium club. You will be on the 12th floor, the 14th floor only has about 5 standard rooms and the rest are suites. We stayed on the 14th floor last spring, and I loved it. The CM's are the same for both floors and they are great. It is a little more expensive on the 14th floor, and you get the same services. We are going to be on the 12th floor in December. I have stayed at most of the concierge resorts and The Contemporary is my favorite. I liked it a lot better than GF. It is great to get off the elevator and have everything right there. It is a great way to have a wonderful vacation, especially if may be your last. It took me a long time to agree to go the the Contemporary and I am so glad I did. It is by far one of my favorite resorts. Don't 2nd guess yourself, go and enjoy.:)

If the CR has coffee pots in the room and if you really don't drink pop (mostly water)it seems there is no reason to get the refillable mugs......
correct?

I would say you wouldn't be able to access this, I was just there this past weekend and tried to check my fantasy football team on ESPN. I could get on the ESPN website, but I was blocked from fantasy football. :sad2:

Something for everyone to try. When we went Sept 2006 (free internet), we took DH's laptop and used his ethernet cable to plug into the wall. We got the free internet, PLUS we were able to access all sites, including fantasy football (DH had to make line-up changes and trade players ;) ). I think the problem is that they have sites blocked on the computers in the room, NOT on their internet access. Might be worth taking your own laptop to try. We will be taking DH's again in February.

Thanks to both of you. I will come prepared with laptop. We can use it for pics anyway. :goodvibes Thanks again, Marriedmyprince

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter