• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone could offer advice on a good room in the wing. Also, my daughter is visually impaired so I am wondering if I should request a handicap room - thinking that maybe the larger spaces they offer may be of benefit to her?? Also maybe a room not to far from the main building since we will be walking back and forth to catch the monorail? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Hi There - We have stayed in a wing room at the CR and found it to be comfortable. In my opinion, I would request a handicap room with the special request that it be as near the main building as possible. To have your questions answered with the most up to date information, it would be best to call central reservations to advise them of your unique situation. I am sure they will assist with an amicable solution, as they are aware of the locations of handicap rooms and their respective closeness to elevators and the main building. Whether or not you opt for a handicap room, when checking in, ask for the best available room that would put you the closest to an elevator and the main building, to assure getting the best location to suit your needs.

Hope you and your family have a great vacation.

Are they getting rid of the Concourse Steakhouse? Or are they just moving it? I hope it is still going to be there. Thanks to anyone who knows.

Hi jmkrat - I too like you will miss the Concourse Steak House. This was my favorite for a quicker sit down meal when staying at the Contemporary, and as we are 25 minutes from Disney, we found ourselves there for breakfast or dinner quite frequently. So sorry that the end has come for this restaurant. I guess more Mickey has a greater appeal :sad1: . This restaurant, like so many other favorites, will soon be written into Disney history.

Have a great day!!!

Thanks Chasgoose and Lewanc, that is what I was afraid of. I just got an e-mail from Chef Royal from the Concourse and they will still be there for the New Year's. I am changing my reservation from the Wilderness to the Contemporary. I have food allergies and wanted to make sure they would still be around to prepare the wonderful food offerings that they did last spring. I am going for the Atrium Club level this time, really hoping for an MK view.

OMG!!:yay: We are getting all set to leave in just a few hours. We are booked in Garden Wing Garden View. Can anyone tell me if there is a coffeemaker in the room? Thanks!!:love:

we are booked for MNSSHP in Sept CR tower room
Whats the construction schedule there.

You mean the lobby construction, or the resort construction.

CR Fan 4 Life has a good timetable in a post just a few back.

If you mean the construction going on where the North Wing used to be...expect it to continue for at least a year or so (into late '08 or early '09, at least) if they proceed as the filings with the water board would lend one to believe they will.

OMG!!:yay: We are getting all set to leave in just a few hours. We are booked in Garden Wing Garden View. Can anyone tell me if there is a coffeemaker in the room? Thanks!!:love:

I hope you haven't already left but there is suppose to be one. If not you can call housekeeping and get one. They're free. Have a good trip.

Hi There Churchlady -- To one Churchlady to another, to the best of my knowledge, there are coffeemakers in the room. If not, just ask when you get there.

Have a great trip!!

Also there is a refrigerator too. We found that to be helpful. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Also there is a refrigerator too. We found that to be helpful. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Our fridge did not have a freezer. I was hoping to put our freezer packs in their to use for our cooler aroung the park. Luckily I had brought storage baggies and juts filled it up from the ice machine. I was surprised bc even my little fridge at college had a frezzer part!

Yes, it is in the built in between the closet doors. It has filters and coffee.

Our fridge did not have a freezer. I was hoping to put our freezer packs in their to use for our cooler aroung the park. Luckily I had brought storage baggies and juts filled it up from the ice machine. I was surprised bc even my little fridge at college had a frezzer part!

Our fridge did have a freezer part (little door at the top). We were on the 12th floor Atrium Club, though. I hope ours will in September.

Ds6 knows we're going to WDW for his birthday 8/23. We heading down on the 22nd.

Is there anything we can do to make it more special? Have something delivered?

We're staying in the tower. Is there any special amenities that come with that? Is Concierge a special floor?

Any advice would be appreciated.

We stayed at CR many moons ago during a Disneyana convention and loved it. Only have to swing a few days, but plan to stay at the resort most of the time and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter