• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing how this will be our first time at Contemporary in only a little over a month. Hopefully someone else like the Insider can answer for you.

For my question, about how often do boats leave the marina for the wilderness lodge MK loop? Thought it might be a fun thing to do during our stay. :confused3

lark said:
Ok -- hopefully an easy one.

Which side of the 5th floor of the tower does not have any rooms on it -- the MK side or the bay side? Trying to make sense of the floor map.

The fifth floor rooms are on the Bay side.

mgpan said:
39 days and counting till check in Dec. 14th! So excited after wanting to try this resort since the wife and I were kids! :cool1: Just checked availability and it looks extremely full during our stay because of the weekend of the 17th apparently pretty fully booked. Booking engine reported only a 1-bedroom suite available over that weekend! :earseek:

We're checking in on the same day! :Pinkbounc

kawaba said:
The fifth floor rooms are on the Bay side.

Thanks. I had figured it out from a picture. I probably should have come back and edited the post, but I appreciate it.

DH and I were at the CR twice within the last 2 weeks asking CM's about what changes were going on there, and here are some of the things we were told:

The Concourse Steakhouse will be moved to the 2nd floor temporarily while the Food 'n Fun Center and the arcade are moved to the concourse level. Eventually the Concourse Steakhouse will move to the first level, and be combined with the Outer Rim. The reasoning for that move is that people attending conventions have complained that there's no restaurant on that level for them to retire to during breaks in their meetings.

The registration desk will also be moved to the 4th floor.

The arcade will be placed near Chef Mickey's so that people waiting to be seated will be able to spend more money while they wait. (I hope the arcade won't be heard up in the tower rooms!)

Does anyone know if the South Wing still closed?

I'm really hoping for an upgrade to tower but if not, I definitely want North wing....as close to the water as possible. ;-) The CM who was helping me the other day said that I have a Garden Wing, Water Room. Never heard of that but I assume that means I'm by the lake?

Is there a Kids' Club at the Contemporary? I thought someone mentioned previously that there is a club called the Mouseketeer Club there.

On the DIS restaurant forum, people suggested that I leave my DD6 at the club while the 5 adults in my group dine at California Grills. Is this option available? How much does it cost? Is the place crowded? Can they page me if my DD wants to leave? I'm only familiar with the kid's club on the Disney cruise. Is this similar?

Canadiancruiser2 said:
Is there a Kids' Club at the Contemporary? I thought someone mentioned previously that there is a club called the Mouseketeer Club there.

On the DIS restaurant forum, people suggested that I leave my DD6 at the club while the 5 adults in my group dine at California Grills. Is this option available? How much does it cost? Is the place crowded? Can they page me if my DD wants to leave? I'm only familiar with the kid's club on the Disney cruise. Is this similar?

I've been wondering about a kid's club also. My kids have been asking me if they have one at CR, and they'd love to be able to go one night.

There is no longer a kid's club at the Contemporary. There is one at the Poly that CR guests can use.

:earboy2: I am staying with my wife and my son who will be turning one year old on thanksgiving at the Contemporary from 11/21 through 11/25. Is there any advice on how to gaurentee that we get a king size nonsmoking room and any tips on how best to request an upgrade from a garden room to a tower room. Any help to make my son's first Disney experience the best.

Can't wait to introduce my son to Disney and start a tradition that my dad started with me by taking me almost every year until I turned 18.

bcooper said:
:earboy2: I am staying with my wife and my son who will be turning one year old on thanksgiving at the Contemporary from 11/21 through 11/25. Is there any advice on how to gaurentee that we get a king size nonsmoking room and any tips on how best to request an upgrade from a garden room to a tower room. Any help to make my son's first Disney experience the best.
The CR is undergoing renovations which has been causing there to be a severe shortage of available rooms. While you can always hope for an upgrade I would say your chances are probably nil. If you check the website there is very little availabilty anywhere do to the popularity of the free dining so I don't think there would be a free room for you to be switched to. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though. Please let us know what you thought of the CR. But whatever happens have a wonderful trip with your little man.

Yeah I keep calling every day to see if they assigned us a room yet and so far nothing. What free dining are you refering to. Also is there a more effective way to ask for an upgrade or do I just have to wait until I check in.

We have a room booked for this resort in May. I have repeatedly asked our travel agent from Small World Vacations if we can get a room in the newly remodeled wing but she keeps avoiding my question, very frustrating and unprofessional! I'm not sure if I want to spend close to $300 a night for a room if it's not the newly remodeled section. From reports that I have read on other sites have said the older rooms are terrible.
For a little extra $ I would rather stay at the Polynesian if the rooms are much nicer, or save $$ and stay at the Port Orleans French Quarter where the rooms are newly renovated.

Any advice would be appreciated.

CindeBella said:
We have a room booked for this resort in May. I have repeatedly asked our travel agent from Small World Vacations if we can get a room in the newly remodeled wing but she keeps avoiding my question, very frustrating and unprofessional! I'm not sure if I want to spend close to $300 a night for a room if it's not the newly remodeled section. From reports that I have read on other sites have said the older rooms are terrible.
For a little extra $ I would rather stay at the Polynesian if the rooms are much nicer, or save $$ and stay at the Port Orleans French Quarter where the rooms are newly renovated.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Aren't they remodeling one wing, but not the other. (I guess the rumor is that the north tower will be torn down to build a DVC, so no need to remodel.)

If I'm right about that, I can't see how you could get a guaranteed remodel room, since I don't believe that WDW will guarantee one wing or the other. You could certainly put in the request, but I'm not sure how you could possibly guarantee it.

As the above poster stated, you can put in a request, but there is no quarantee. The north wing is not being refurbished. We stayed there this past Dec. and didn't have a problem with our room. It does show some where in the hallways and carpet, but we were very pleased with our room.

Good luck getting what you want. We are quietly hoping for an upgrade to tower during our trip too, keeping fingers crossed but going with the attitude we won't get it. Then if we do it's :cool1: and if we don't we won't be :guilty: .

ok so I am staying at CR Dec 12-16... we have a "Garden Room, Water View" Have no idea what that means... but anyway, I have been seeing many negative comments on the DIs about the CR and especially the staff not being friendly or attentive etc. I then just read about a person getting things stolen from her room while she slept just recently.

So I am a little upset. Any advice to help with my nerves?

I also see people hoping and wishing an praying for an upgrade from a wing to a tower room...why? I am just curious...I've never been to the CR (or WDW for that matter) so I am new to all of this. Is the tower just better than the wing rooms?

Also if I want to be on a higher floor to kinda alleviate my worries about theives coming in from the balconies, which floor can I request to stay on?

Thanks for any help.

:worried: :hyper:

hi Applechips-we have stayed at the CR many times and love it :) You are booked in one of the wings with a view of the lake. The tower is more expensive than wing rooms, and has either bay lake views or Magic Kingdom views. The view from a tower balcony is incredible! The tower is also where the monorail is, as well as Chef Mickey's , California Grill, the steakhouse, and the shops are located. There is definitely more of a feeling of being in the heart of things when you stay in the tower. I've never experienced anything but great service at the CR. Enjoy your stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter