Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Oh my goodness, I am going back on my word with more elevator talk. I really want to stay in the tower, but wow. Hotels have card readers to let guests into buildings via locked doors all over the country. Disney really needs to do this on the stair doors. They could be deactivated if they don't want to use them during normal times. I know Disney is facing hard financial times. But I do wonder how expensive this would be to install. Maybe too much. . .

Oh my goodness, I am going back on my word with more elevator talk. I really want to stay in the tower, but wow. Hotels have card readers to let guests into buildings via locked doors all over the country. Disney really needs to do this on the stair doors.
The doors to the building are open 24/7. These are not locked doors to the building. The doors being discussed are the exterior Emergency Exits on each of the guest floors. By design Emergency Exits are designed to not allow reentry for safety reasons.

These Emergency exits have been setup this way since 1971 when the Contemporary opened to guests.

Dave

Can kids go in The Wave Lounge?

I sat at the bar and had dinner with my DS the week before last, FWIW. Granted it was just before CR opened, but we were the only ones at the bar / lounge area the whole time. Really enjoyed our meal there and chatting with the bartender.

I’ve had people on the DIS jump on me for posting about sitting at Tambu with DS before, guess I’m about to subject myself to that again. 😇

Has anyone who has been in the last week or two gone to Epcot via bus at opening? What was your experience? We are debating what time to head there. We have ECVs also, so we are doubly confused as to how it will work since the social distancing lines have been added.

Oh crap. I booked a stay in the tower TPV for the last weekend of August as I have DVC reservation points I have to use due to my cancelled DLP trip. It never crossed my mind about the elevators and there not being stairs to use...I have only stayed in the Garden Wing or BLT. :crazy2:

Oh crap. I booked a stay in the tower TPV for the last weekend of August as I have DVC reservation points I have to use due to my cancelled DLP trip. It never crossed my mind about the elevators and there not being stairs to use...I have only stayed in the Garden Wing or BLT. :crazy2:
As long as you time it right, it’s not too bad. We’ve been here for the past 4 days and have gotten used to it. This will probably be our only trip staying in the tower with a TPV so it’s an ok trade off considering what it cost us I guess.

We are staying at BLT in January (god willing). Any recommendations? This will be my first time staying at Magic Kingdom area resort and I’m kind of geeked out.

As long as you time it right, it’s not too bad. We’ve been here for the past 4 days and have gotten used to it. This will probably be our only trip staying in the tower with a TPV so it’s an ok trade off considering what it cost us I guess.
@hammie59 you mean like use the elevator at an off time? Does the stairs on the BLT side exit out to that terrace? Maybe you can use the stairs to go down?
I'll be there Aug 28-31 by myself...

Last year at BLT I used Instacart (Publix) and they met me outside the BLT lobby. It was a little less expensive than GG and just as at obtaining what we ordered.

BLT, the coffee maker: i can bring standard grounds and a standard filter?

FWIW, I brought filters and coffee but I ended up using the Joffrey’s packs that come in the room. Each one makes 8 cups and it was pretty darn tasty (I’m not a coffee snob, but I don’t like junk either and am somewhat picky). I called and asked for extras since we go through a lot of coffee. Plus easier than messing with filters and scooping coffee.

Note, I was there on a cash reservation, not sure if coffee supplies are different when booked as DVC.

Yes if you are staying on a Cash reservation.

Normally your consumables like coffee would have been replenished with the daily mousekeeping visit. Daily mousekeeping service has been suspended for the time being. You can call to request replacements / additional supplies.

Dave

I am also a Cash ressie since its a force move from the Poly. You were able to request daily?

I just called and asked for extra regular coffee packs and they brought up a bunch. Super simple.

They sometimes replenished them on the every other day trash day, always did on the every other day more full cleaning.

I was a Poly refugee as well. We enjoyed BLT quite a bit. Hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter