Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Yes you can always ask for a different room if one is available. You might get a Text with your room number and a phone number or you might find your room number in MDE.

Room numbers at the CR are a little odd. In the Tower the first two digits of the 4 digit room number indicate the floor and all numbers start with a 4. Rooms start on the 5th floor so room 4124 would be on the 5th floor at the end.

In the Garden wing room numbers start with a 5 or 6 and the second digit indicates the floor.

The Garden wing has 2 blocks of room numbers:

5103-5170 - 6101-6130 - First floor
5203-5270 - 6201-6230 - Second floor
5303-5370 - 6301-6330 - Third floor
That's super helpful. Thanks for that! Are there any maps that give exact room numbers? I see the one map early on in this thread that shows the last two digits of the room numbers but it's somewhat low-res so hard to make out what numbers are what. That way once I see what our room assignment is I will know exactly what room and where it is located. This is a no-park trip so we will be spending ample time in the room so just want to max out the experience.

Any suggestions on the "best" rooms on the first floor? I was thinking the rooms on the top end that are closest to the water/beach would be nice and more quiet because they are farther away from the pool and main area. I know there are a couple of "deluxe" rooms too but even though those are bigger, doesn't look like they have the best views.

Any suggestions on the "best" rooms on the first floor? I was thinking the rooms on the top end that are closest to the water/beach would be nice and more quiet because they are farther away from the pool and main area. I know there are a couple of "deluxe" rooms too but even though those are bigger, doesn't look like they have the best views.
Yes I would agree that that east section of the Garden wing facing Bay Lake have what we would view as the "best" views. 6x09-6x22 (where x is the floor number 1,2,3). These rooms can be very quite most of the time but you may hear the EWP (not currently running) when the show is running in the evening just like Bay Lake view rooms in the Tower.

Here is a link to the Touring plans site that has great information on the resort, room numbers and even individual rooms. It even shows sample pictures of room views. Just a word of caution the room configurations are not 100% correct as to the indicator of bed choices in a specific room.

Garden wing building:

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/190/building?hotel=199
Just click on a room outline to get a popup with the room information and a picture from the room or one near by.

Dave

Guests are posting walkway to MK is closed . It better be open when we arrive , the main reason we choose CR was because of walkability to MK. To have to bus to TTC then to MK is crazy. Since they are reporting Monorail not currently going to MK. I truly hope this is only due to preview days only. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Guests are posting walkway to MK is closed . It better be open when we arrive , the main reason we choose CR was because of walkability to MK. To have to bus to TTC then to MK is crazy. Since they are reporting Monorail not currently going to MK. I truly hope this is only due to preview days only. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

😧 Omg I hope you’re right. Maybe it’s just closed until the main hotel opens on Friday 🙏🏻

Guests are posting walkway to MK is closed . It better be open when we arrive , the main reason we choose CR was because of walkability to MK.
Since the MK is not open at this time there is no reason for the walkway to be open at this time. The walkway to the Epcot International Gateway is also closed since Epcot is closed at this time.

Also if you had to take a bus to the MK from the CR it would not be via the TTC. It would be direct from the CR to the resort bus loop at the MK. We did this a couple of times when they were working on the Monorail beams a few year ago.

Dave

Called this morning and waited less than 5 minutes.

I had poly lv cl. I was price protected to a 2bedroom Lake View at BLT.

No one can or wants to come with dd and I. So I called.

At first she kinda gave me a hard time but checked with GS for me. She said 1 br Std view or Studio Lake view . She said to pick one and she would check the price.

Came back and said the std is gone only TPV 1 bedroom. I am only saving $220 total for the 3 days. However we love TPV and can use that for QS food.

So overall I saved vs rack on the villa and we get the villa that suits us best. We prefer castle view and the outer C shaped rooms.

We have mk 2 days and walking will be great too!

Since the MK is not open at this time there is no reason for the walkway to be open at this time. The walkway to the Epcot International Gateway is also closed since Epcot is closed at this time.

Also if you had to take a bus to the MK from the CR it would not be via the TTC. It would be direct from the CR to the resort bus loop at the MK. We did this a couple of times when they were working on the Monorail beams a few year ago.

Dave
Hoping just because it’s a preview 😁🤞🏻

Attachments

• A11AE4C9-BBA8-494D-9247-4A43EA7A40C8.png
    A11AE4C9-BBA8-494D-9247-4A43EA7A40C8.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 38
Yes it is the CM preview and they are testing the mainline processes so that's why the funneling of everyone through the TTC.

New security proceedures, new spacing for guests, and practice, practice, practice for Friday!

Dave
Thank you for answering all my crazy questions these last few weeks!!
If you are at CR 7/31-8/8 let me know I will buy you lunch!!!!!!

We always request the same room and have always got the one we wanted or the one next to it either side (fingers crossed it stays that way!) we would use the Touringplans faxing function to do that for us.

Here is a walk through of our last room on our last trip there:

Very well done video! Thank you!

FYI the description is a little confusing. In the DVC the plain size rooms are called studios, then they have 1 and 2 bedroom villas. In the Hotels they are called rooms and suites. It may not seem like a big deal but that is the terminology.

Again thanks for posting!!!!:flower1:

We always request the same room and have always got the one we wanted or the one next to it either side (fingers crossed it stays that way!) we would use the Touringplans faxing function to do that for us.

Here is a walk through of our last room on our last trip there:

That's right in the area of rooms that we'd prefer (along that one side, nice a quiet with the water view). I've used TPs room request feature in the past and it worked out pretty well, but my membership expired and didn't want to pay the $$ to re-up for just a one night no-park trip, so I put in non-specific room requests via the chat feature on MDE. Priority order, 1) ground level (for patio), 2) water view, 3) king room. Our room is already "garden view" so I imagine #1 and 2 will get met. We did online check in so figure if I see the room number and it's not what I'd prefer I'll just give em a call and see what they can do for me.

I hope everyone is sitting down as they read this post. The Florida Governor has Extended the State of Emergency this afternoon until September 5th!

The self-quarantining requirements for those traveling to Florida from the Tri-State area (NY, NJ, and CT) has also been extended by 60-days until September 5, 2020.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/florida-governor-extends-state-of-emergency-60-days/
Dave
If I’m in VA with my dd and flying in from there am I ok if my home address is NY?

Ugh

I was on the phone with wdw today! They never said a word!

If I’m in VA with my dd and flying in from there am I ok if my home address is NY?

Ugh

I was on the phone with wdw today! They never said a word!
You should be fine flying from VA. Also a Disney CM would have no idea that the governor was going to announce the extension this afternoon.

However you might have an issue when you return to NY depending on what the NY Governor decides to do for returning vacationers.

Dave

You should be fine flying from VA. Also a Disney CM would have no idea that the governor was going to announce the extension this afternoon.

However you might have an issue when you return to NY depending on what the NY Governor decides to do for returning vacationers.

Dave
I’m still working from home so that’s not really an issue. Thx for input!

A lot of ppl including me have the garden wing garden view .. I hope they have enough rooms !! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter