Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Just so no one is confused, what you experienced is not typical, not even for a Club Level room. Water bottles aren't provided in guest rooms at WDW. I can't explain why your room had them everyday. And, toiletries such as a toothbrush, razor, mouthwash, solar gel... are usually only provided in a Club Level room and not even all those items are in every CL room. It's really nice you had all those items, but I just don't want anyone to expect them in their room.

We returned from a trip to Contemporary Tower room, bay lake view a few weeks ago...our trip was April 23-29...and we had those same amenities also! I was impressed by the large Dasani water bottle and when we drank it, they replaced it each time without us asking. We were given the toothbrush kit, shower cap, etc. on the first day and they replaced the shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion, mouthwash as needed...which was a few times because I love that lotion! Even the days we were in the room and told them we didn't need Mousekeeping, they still asked if they could replace anything for us. I was also impressed with the size of the bottles, they were not little tiny things. Maybe it's something new?

We returned from a trip to Contemporary Tower room, bay lake view a few weeks ago...our trip was April 23-29...and we had those same amenities also! I was impressed by the large Dasani water bottle and when we drank it, they replaced it each time without us asking. We were given the toothbrush kit, shower cap, etc. on the first day and they replaced the shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion, mouthwash as needed...which was a few times because I love that lotion! Even the days we were in the room and told them we didn't need Mousekeeping, they still asked if they could replace anything for us. I was also impressed with the size of the bottles, they were not little tiny things. Maybe it's something new?
We had the big toiletries last September, but not when we stayed at CR in Oct 2014. Hope they stick around!!

I'm going to be checking into a Bay Lake View in the Tower next Tuesday so I'll let everyone know what we've got.

Hi there,
We will be checking in on Friday for 12 nights in a Bay Lake View in the Tower, and will be interested to see if those extras are there!

Excitement is building. May 26-31, wife and I staying at the Contemporary. Tower room, lake view. Previous stay in 2010 was at WL, loved the convenience of staying so close to MK, and booked this a bit last-minute (just over a month out from travel) so options were especially limited in looking for military-rate rooms. We were considering a Saratoga Springs room but were uncertain of the size of the resort, proximity to the parks we enjoy most, etc etc, and ended up splurging a bit on the expense to go with the Contemporary. Knowing it isn't as much Disney "magic" but excited to stay in one of the most recognizable places on the property...and to be next door to MK. Woohoo! (lol)

And REALLY hoping those 12/$20 posters are still at the gift store! Willing to pay more (as most seem to agree), but would absolutely love to get a set.

We are staying in the garden wing standard view 12/2-12/7. We have stayed at BLT several times on rented points but always in June. We love it but couldn't rent points for those days. Hoping we love this just as much.

It will be nice having free Mousekeeping everyday;). I'll log your dates and I hope you have a magical stay.

We had the same bathroom amenities as pictured above. Expected body wash, lotion, shampoo, mouth wash but not the toothbrushes

We also had one large bottle of disani water upon arrival with a note it was comp. I've seen places leave bottles of water and then charge you if you open them. After the first night we were left two bottles every day. There was some work being done in garden wing so maybe they were having water quality concerns?

The mystery is growing:scratchin

Here's a panoramic view from BLT Room 7818. Not sure if it can be added to the room views post or not.....but thought I would share. Best trip yet!!! Since this is Panoramic the castle looks much further away than it actually appears in real life.

Of course I'll add it - thank you, @skateshome:)

Thank you for posting about your stay, @Ashby04. This definitely does sound like something new. It's interesting to me that while CL amenities are being reduced, standard room amenities are being increased, at least at CR. I see this as a very positive step, at least for standard rooms;)

I'm going to be checking into a Bay Lake View in the Tower next Tuesday so I'll let everyone know what we've got.

Thank you, @Kiren. It would be great if you could possibly ask a housekeeper or CM when/why they started adding bottled water and the "suite" toiletries and if it's permanent. I hope you have a magical stay.

Hi there,
We will be checking in on Friday for 12 nights in a Bay Lake View in the Tower, and will be interested to see if those extras are there!

I hope you do, especially for 12 nights! Check-in with us soon if you can.

Excitement is building. May 26-31, wife and I staying at the Contemporary. Tower room, lake view. Previous stay in 2010 was at WL, loved the convenience of staying so close to MK, and booked this a bit last-minute (just over a month out from travel) so options were especially limited in looking for military-rate rooms. We were considering a Saratoga Springs room but were uncertain of the size of the resort, proximity to the parks we enjoy most, etc etc, and ended up splurging a bit on the expense to go with the Contemporary. Knowing it isn't as much Disney "magic" but excited to stay in one of the most recognizable places on the property...and to be next door to MK. Woohoo! (lol)

And REALLY hoping those 12/$20 posters are still at the gift store! Willing to pay more (as most seem to agree), but would absolutely love to get a set.

I'll add your dates to our PAGE 1 log, @sscott87. I think you're going to love CR. Like WL, everything (except the laundry) is in one building, and all the Tower rooms have unobstructed views and balconies. There is indeed a lot of Disney "magic," but it's more subdued - like Hidden Mickeys. Each time you see the monorail, hear the EWP and look out the Tower's windows at the MK, GF and Poly, you'll be reminded of a lot of magic;)

If for some reason the posters aren't in the gift shop, you can get them on Main Street, too where I got mine last summer. And, you can always ask at Guest Services to find out exactly where any item sold at WDW is located. There's also a WDW/Disney Parks Merchandise line you can contact:

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 2.55.47 PM.png
~AllEars

Last edited:
I just read on the DVC boards that BLT no longer has alarm clocks or DVD players in villas. Can someone there confirm?

I just read on the DVC boards that BLT no longer has alarm clocks or DVD players in villas. Can someone there confirm?

Alarm Clocks are being removed from every WDW resort room, though you can still request one from Housekeeping. I have no information on the DVD players but the WDW website still lists DVD Player as a room amenity.

This is correct, as @dansdad mentioned you can ask for both from housekeeping. You should be eligible to receive the DVD player even if you are not a member of DVC. They can rent you films from the community hall or you can bring your own. I think most of the DVD players also play blu-ray.

there wasn't a clock in the CR room i had. hard to get used too. didn't need it to wake up but liked a clock to glance over and check the time.

We were at BLT in December and there was no alarm clock in our studio. We ended up buying one at Target when we made our grocery run.

Thanks for the replies re: alarm clocks & DVD players.
I like having both in the room.
I like to know what time it is, when I wake up.
We enjoying going to the community hall & getting movies to watch at night.

We arrive in 5 days! We received an email today that stated we could request express check-in and be able to go straight to our room when we arrive. Are there any benefits of this? We have to go to the desk and get birthday/celebration buttons to pick up and dining plan mugs, correct?

We arrive in 5 days! We received an email today that stated we could request express check-in and be able to go straight to our room when we arrive. Are there any benefits of this? We have to go to the desk and get birthday/celebration buttons to pick up and dining plan mugs, correct?

We did it our last trip at the CR and it felt really cool! The dining mugs you'll pick up at Contempo Cafe. You can swing by the desk quickly for your button.

Hi all, subbing to this thread. I'll be staying at CR 9/20-22/2016 in the Garden Wing garden view room with my parents, celebrating my dad's birthday and my parents' 45th wedding anniversary - they got married in 1971, the same year that the Contemporary opened! We are excited to stay in this deluxe and compare it to the YC and the Poly, where we have stayed in the past. I'll be staying 1 night at POR and then 3 nights at AKL solo before my parents join me at the CR.

From the garden wing, what is the fastest route to the monorail? Is it through the walkway into the 1st floor of the tower, then take either the escalator or elevator to the 4th floor, then the escalator up to the monorail?

Also, I had read that there is an outdoor deck on the 4th floor to watch Wishes. How do we get access to that? If we aren't eating at CG (and we don't have a TPV room), is this the best spot to view Wishes at the CR? Thanks!

Has anyone received the upgraded toiletries and bottled water in Bay Lake Tower? Or does this appear to be only for the Contemporary?

We were at BLT last week, I think we got a single bottle of Dasani in the room (not 100% sure), but had only small toiletries. Beautiful room/view though!
20160516_122826%2Bedit.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter