Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi,

We'll be at the CR from 2/21 to 3/7 and I want to order some items from abercrobmie and american eagle to be delivered to the resort (were travelling from the uk)

How long with the resort hold a package for you? ideally id like to order asap but i realise the resort wont hold the items for 4 weeks! thanks

Can you still take a bus to HS (or AK) from the TTC? (Or would you have to go from a resort or another park?) I didn't think the buses stopped at the TTC any more, but someone said they'd seen it elsewhere on the DIS boards so I thought I would double check.

Hi, We'll be at the CR from 2/21 to 3/7 and I want to order some items from abercrobmie and american eagle to be delivered to the resort (were travelling from the uk) How long with the resort hold a package for you? ideally id like to order asap but i realise the resort wont hold the items for 4 weeks! thanks
I've always made sure my packages don't arrive more than a week before I do. I'm not sure if there is an "official" length of time they will sold something, but any longer than that and I worry it would get misplaced.

Also, be aware that CR will charge you for package pick up based on the size of the package. See OP for pricing.

Enjoy your stay!!

Can you still take a bus to HS (or AK) from the TTC? (Or would you have to go from a resort or another park?) I didn't think the buses stopped at the TTC any more, but someone said they'd seen it elsewhere on the DIS boards so I thought I would double check.
they were there a year ago. I thought they were actually encouraging use of them as well.

Ok, I booked and the only option for requests was crib and near or adjoining rooms. I was hoping I could edit after I booked but I haven't found a way. Do I have to call to request an odd room number/high floor?

Ok, I booked and the only option for requests was crib and near or adjoining rooms. I was hoping I could edit after I booked but I haven't found a way. Do I have to call to request an odd room number/high floor?

There are only a few requests you can make online when you book, a few more when you check-in online at 60 days. If you want a more specific request, you'll need to call and have it added.

Pricing out different options with and without dining for our December trip. Has free dining been offered at the Contemporary in the past?

Thanks,

Stephanie

New Contemporary Resort merchandise is available!!!! I would love to have one of the coffee mugs.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/01/contemporary-resort-new-merchandise-at.html#more

This is exciting! I like to get something from all of the deluxe resorts but I was afraid I couldn't at the CR. I have an adorable tunic length sweatshirt from AKL that I wish they would make for all of them! I hope they at least have some shirts coming though. The design is great!

We are doing a split stay and arriving at CR for our first ever stay 2/20 - 2/23 for the Princess half :goodvibes It's so close!!

Yesterday, I finally finished updating and posting the WL/VWL thread:faint:. Come on over anytime to the NEW THREAD! I plan on updating this thread a bit after I return from our next stay in April.

We will be at BLT August 1-10th. Studio, lake view! :cool1:
Welcome to the thread and I'll add your dates to the log-orail.

Can you swim late after park hours( after midnight)? Called and they said pool closes at 11:00 pm at Contemporary. Do they lock the pools or do you have access to swim late hours. We have stayed at Carribean Beach and the main pool closes at 11:00 but you can swim at the quiet pools anytime. Also can you refill mugs 24 hours, and is the counter service available 24 hours here? I have a Tower TPV booked 7 nights after our Disney Cruise, just making sure I made the right resort choice. My hubby and I have 3 teens that are night owls trying to pick the best monorail resort to best fit us. Thanks for the help
They do post pool hours, however, at CR, they won't kick you out after hours, but they do rope-off the slide.

This thread is awesome!
We are going to WDW and staying with a friend at Bonnett Creek the 19-26th, but I just found out my oldest will be out of school Friday the 18th. CR has always been my dream resort and I really want to do a TPV for a night or two before my friend gets there. From reading this thread, I think I want room 4747 :-) but I wouldn't have known what to request without you guys. I'm only putting in upper floor and odd room number and hoping for the best. If we stay two nights we might go to MK for a partial day, but if it's only one day we'll probably just enjoy the resort. Flights through SW aren't available yet for our dates so I'm hesitating on booking CR until I know for sure how many nights we can stay (based on if it's worth it to fly down on the 17th or just wait until the morning of the 18th). I'm so excited I just had to share and no one here at work understands my excitement :-)
Best not to request a specific room number so your request sounds great. Congratulations!

I don't know the answer to your question...but congrats on your graduation! We were also booked for December to celebrate my MBA graduation, but my DSS (26) is getting married in September so I had to push my graduation to May 2016. Too much planning to do, but sure will hate to go another semester!!

We will be at BLT this year from May 7 - 16. We have changed the resort and offsite/onsite fifty zillion times, but we are "sure" (ha!) that we are sticking here. Can't beat being that close to MK with a 3 year old. I just wish there had been something with an AP or military discount at BLT! :(

I'll log your dates if you aren't already logged. Never give up with the Military rate. Rooms open all the time and they do place some of them back into the Military rate inventory. I've gotten rooms at the last minute that have been canceled and placed back into the Mil. inventory.

Done! This was just the push I needed to book it. We are booked 9/17-9/19. I hope school follows last year's calendar.
Congratulations and I'll log your dates, too.

Hi,

We'll be at the CR from 2/21 to 3/7 and I want to order some items from abercrobmie and american eagle to be delivered to the resort (were travelling from the uk)

How long with the resort hold a package for you? ideally id like to order asap but i realise the resort wont hold the items for 4 weeks! thanks
Welcome and I'll update your departure date. I found a couple of different answers to your question. One said the Poly told them they'd hold it up to one month and someone else said BC told them up to 5 days. Best to call CR and ask.

Yes, unless they stopped that service in '13 or '14. You can also catch park buses at the MK which is just a short walk from CR.

Pricing out different options with and without dining for our December trip. Has free dining been offered at the Contemporary in the past?

Thanks,

Stephanie
Yes, it has be included in the past. However, with the Deluxe Resorts, it's usually a greater savings to apply a discount to the room rather than opting for FD.

We are doing a split stay and arriving at CR for our first ever stay 2/20 - 2/23 for the Princess half :goodvibes It's so close!!
If you're not already logged, I'll add you. You're going to love CR!

Yesterday, I finally finished updating and posting the WL/VWL thread:faint:. Come on over anytime to the NEW THREAD!

Yes, unless they stopped that service in '13 or '14. You can also catch park buses at the MK which is just a short walk from CR.

*** Although they probably wouldn't be running early in the am from MK to HS.

I'm staying at BLT for a conference. It says that odd numbered rooms have a view of Epcot. What do the even numbered rooms have a view of?

All the resorts have early ADR buses if that's why you're asking. More info. is in the TRANSPORTATION section.

I know :) Trying to figure out the easiest and quickest way to get to HS early morning for SWW. Someone suggested catching a bus from TTC (more direct and quicker than the bus from CR since it stops at Poly and GF first?)

Still debating between CR (GW SV) and BWI (SV)...Kook, with the new decor, do all the rooms at BWI have the daybed? It says the SV rooms do on your room info. page, but TouringPlans only has a few labeled as having daybeds...

A definite plus for CR since all rooms have the daybed. (Is it a daybed or a pullout?)

Also, are there any drawers for storage (like a dresser) in the CR rooms? I like the light under the TV, but not as much as I like drawers to put a week's worth of clothes in! ;)

Has anyone timed the monorail trip around the loop? I thought I saw it somewhere, but now I can't remember where...:confused3

I'm staying at BLT for a conference. It says that odd numbered rooms have a view of Epcot. What do the even numbered rooms have a view of?

I think you might be mixing up BLT with CR:confused3. Usually guests who attend conferences stay only at CR and their room views aren't booked, but are randomly selected shortly prior to check-in. BLT are DVC villas.

CR rooms (in the TOWER only) that are odd numbered and have a Bay Lake View have a view while sitting in bed of Epcot, FW and WL off to the right. Odd numbered CR rooms that are TPV have a view of the MK while sitting in bed.

Odd number BLT villas are the inner villas that face other rooms and face out toward Bay Lake and the pool area.

Even numbered BLT villas are the outer villas that do not face other BLT rooms and face out toward the MK or Bay Lake or CR.

I know :) Trying to figure out the easiest and quickest way to get to HS early morning for SWW. Someone suggested catching a bus from TTC (more direct and quicker than the bus from CR since it stops at Poly and GF first?)

Still debating between CR (GW SV) and BWI (SV)...Kook, with the new decor, do all the rooms at BWI have the daybed? It says the SV rooms do on your room info. page, but TouringPlans only has a few labeled as having daybeds...

A definite plus for CR since all rooms have the daybed. (Is it a daybed or a pullout?)

Also, are there any drawers for storage (like a dresser) in the CR rooms? I like the light under the TV, but not as much as I like drawers to put a week's worth of clothes in! ;)
All BWI rooms have a daybed very similar to CR's. There are two sets of drawers at CR - four drawers total:

In the closet:

And in the dresser by the bed and desk area:

Has anyone timed the monorail trip around the loop? I thought I saw it somewhere, but now I can't remember where...:confused3
My guess is that from the time you board the Resort monorail at CR, until you return, is probably about 20 mins.

I think you might be mixing up BLT with CR:confused3. Usually guests who attend conferences stay only at CR and their room views aren't booked, but are randomly selected shortly prior to check-in. BLT are DVC villas. CR rooms (in the TOWER only) that are odd numbered and have a Bay Lake View have a view while sitting in bed of Epcot, FW and WL off to the right. Even numbered CR rooms that are TPV have a view of the MK while sitting in bed. Odd number BLT villas are the inner villas that face other rooms and face out toward Bay Lake and the pool area. Even numbered BLT villas are the outer villas that do not face other BLT rooms and face out toward the MK or Bay Lake or CR. All BWI rooms have a daybed very similar to CR's. There are two sets of drawers at CR - four drawers total: In the closet: http://s621.photobucket.com/user/WDWKOOK/media/CRandBLT 8-2012/IMG_0280-1.jpg.html http://s621.photobucket.com/user/WDWKOOK/media/CRandBLT 8-2012/IMG_0286-1.jpg.html And in the dresser by the bed and desk area: http://s621.photobucket.com/user/WDWKOOK/media/CRandBLT 8-2012/IMG_0283-1.jpg.html My guess is that from the time you board the Resort monorail at CR, until you return, is probably about 20 mins.

Hi, I thought i read somewhere odd numbered rooms in CR TPV that could see the castle from the bed? Is it even?

Yesterday, I finally finished updating and posting the WL/VWL thread:faint:. Come on over anytime to the NEW THREAD! I plan on updating this thread a bit after I return from our next stay in April.

OMG! When in April are you going?

We're heading early/mid April, I'd be happy to send pictures/updates if it's before you are headed there... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter