Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

does anyone know if there are video gaming/dvd hook ups on the tv at Contemp (Tower)? Santa is bringing the kids infinity 2.0 while we are there, and I know they will want to try it out on our down day. AofA had hook ups when we were there in Sept, but wanted to double check Contemp? :confused3

You will need to have a wiiU or an xbox or playstation, etc to connect your Infinity 2.0 to. They do not work connected directly to a tv.

You will need to have a wiiU or an xbox or playstation, etc to connect your Infinity 2.0 to. They do not work connected directly to a tv.

sorry I wasn't clear, we're bringing the xbox 360, and the kids will be getting the new infinity 2.0. Just wondering if there are xbox hook ups on the tv...

It's been over 5 years since we stayed club level at CR. Anyone have any recent picture of the lounge? We're staying Jan 23-29 and then heading out on the Fantasy Jan 31st cruise so were getting excited :yay::yay:

Can we still fax our room request to the resort? If so, what's the fax number? TIA!!!!

Can we still fax our room request to the resort? If so, what's the fax number? TIA!!!!

Requests should be called in right to the main booking line! only one or two resorts still take faxes, I forget which ones, but not the CR for sure. :). For DVC bookings, you need to call Member Services, but I don't think this applies. Good luck!

Requests should be called in right to the main booking line! only one or two resorts still take faxes, I forget which ones, but not the CR for sure. :). For DVC bookings, you need to call Member Services, but I don't think this applies. Good luck!

Ok. Thanks!! We check into the CR next week! I'm so excited!!

We're going to be back at BLT!! :woohoo:

We were able to get BLT at seven months for a Fourth of July trip with some extra points we had. We were thinking of a cash stay, but that time is super expensive around the monorail. We would've even splurged the extra points on TPV, but it was sold out. Hopefully we can get a good view with LV, we'll definitely request an even numbered room.

does anyone know if there are video gaming/dvd hook ups on the tv at Contemp (Tower)? Santa is bringing the kids infinity 2.0 while we are there, and I know they will want to try it out on our down day. AofA had hook ups when we were there in Sept, but wanted to double check Contemp? :confused3

sorry I wasn't clear, we're bringing the xbox 360, and the kids will be getting the new infinity 2.0. Just wondering if there are xbox hook ups on the tv...
Bumping your questions. I believe there are outlets, but I'm not positive. Hopefully, someone will know:listen:

It's been over 5 years since we stayed club level at CR. Anyone have any recent picture of the lounge? We're staying Jan 23-29 and then heading out on the Fantasy Jan 31st cruise so were getting excited :yay::yay:
What a great trip you have coming up soon. HERE are lots of Atrium Club photos from April.

We were able to get BLT at seven months for a Fourth of July trip with some extra points we had. We were thinking of a cash stay, but that time is super expensive around the monorail. We would've even splurged the extra points on TPV, but it was sold out. Hopefully we can get a good view with LV, we'll definitely request an even numbered room.
That's fantastic! Congratulations! I've been trying to change our spring break trip from CR Tower to a BLT One-Bedroom LV, but only Studios are available, but I won't give-up. Let me know your dates and I'll log them. Have you already returned from BWI or is that coming up here soon?

From the latest AllEars newsletter:

Kent Mitchell is shifting from Disney's Contemporary Resort to assume GM duties at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas. Walt Disney World has also created the new role of "Vice President, Deluxe Resorts." Tracy Powell will fill the new position while working out of the Contemporary and supervising resort operations.

That's fantastic! Congratulations! I've been trying to change our spring break trip from CR Tower to a BLT One-Bedroom LV, but only Studios are available, but I won't give-up. Let me know your dates and I'll log them. Have you already returned from BWI or is that coming up here soon?

You can put us down for July 4th. We're staying more than that, but we like making the robbers guess. ;). :rotfl2: because of course they stalk us on social media because we're so important. :). Good luck on your switch! It seems like they get the cash allocations of villa rooms in batches, so hopefully it'll open up.

From the latest AllEars newsletter:

Kent Mitchell is shifting from Disney's Contemporary Resort to assume GM duties at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas. Walt Disney World has also created the new role of "Vice President, Deluxe Resorts." Tracy Powell will fill the new position while working out of the Contemporary and supervising resort operations.

It's interesting, I think the AKL head went to GF, and the person who was joint GF and Poly is Poly only. I wonder if these are all promotions or just getting new blood and ideas in the different resorts. Overall the Deluxes are all run well (which is why we love them!) but we all also know there is room for improvement, hopefully things work out for the better. :thumbsup2

Congrats on getting BLT :goodvibes.

I've been trying to change our spring break trip from CR Tower to a BLT One-Bedroom LV, but only Studios are available, but I won't give-up.

Good luck, I hope a one bedroom becomes available and you're able to make the change :wizard:.

We checked into the CR yesterday! No upgrade or pixie dust, but I'm glad I made the switch to BLV because it's absolutely amazing!

image.jpg

It is a nice relaxing view xjay!!

If a TPV never becomes available, I'm sure we will love our BLV just as much. :goodvibes

What is the number 1 thing to not miss at BLT? :cool1:

We've never stayed at BLT so I can't help with any resort specifics not to miss, but hopefully others will be able to give some suggestions :flower3:.

We checked into the CR yesterday! No upgrade or pixie dust, but I'm glad I made the switch to BLV because it's absolutely amazing!

Thanks for checking in, hope you're having a great trip. Enjoy your time at the CR as well as that pretty and relaxing view :wizard:.

image.jpg
Yep, that's the view that made us fall in love with the CR on our first visit. (If there was a "letting out a big sigh" smiley, I'd use it here.) I can understand why people like the MK view, but man I just can't get past the wonderful view of Bay Lake. Thanks for sharing!

You can put us down for July 4th. We're staying more than that, but we like making the robbers guess. ;). :rotfl2: because of course they stalk us on social media because we're so important. :). Good luck on your switch! It seems like they get the cash allocations of villa rooms in batches, so hopefully it'll open up.

It's interesting, I think the AKL head went to GF, and the person who was joint GF and Poly is Poly only. I wonder if these are all promotions or just getting new blood and ideas in the different resorts. Overall the Deluxes are all run well (which is why we love them!) but we all also know there is room for improvement, hopefully things work out for the better. :thumbsup2
I completely understand not wanting to spill all the travel beans to the whole world:thumbsup2. I'll just put you down for "July" like I put you down for "December" on the BWI thread;)

They've also created a new position, "VP for Deluxe Resorts." The VP will be based at CR:

"Walt Disney World has also created the new role of "Vice President, Deluxe Resorts." Tracy Powell will fill the new position while working out of the Contemporary and supervising resort operations."

I was curious what position she previously held so I Googled her. If I have the right person, she has worked for 12 years as "Director, Theme Park and Resort Pricing" and prior to that worked in a similar capacity for CCL. I wonder what this might indicate about the newly created position?

Good luck, I hope a one bedroom becomes available and you're able to make the change :wizard:.
Thank you - I haven't given up - yet.

What is the number 1 thing to not miss at BLT? :cool1:
If you have kids, the Community Hall has free activities. Also, I just love the semi-hidden beach area which is nestled behind the pool. It's quite private and very relaxing:

My favorite room view - thank you:love:

CR is the only resort where we've never been upgraded or pixie-dusted, but we still love it.

Just got back. Had bay view booked but upgraded to theme park view. Yay!
:yay:

This was our view on our trip from October 20-25! We were club level atrium with Theme Park view for the 1st 5 days, and on our last night we had the other club level and had a Bay Lake view... sadly the photo of that view was lost some how :(

Edit: Whoops! Photo was HUGE! Here is the direct link instead :)
Beautiful photo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter