Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks again mickeynut1! 468 days to go!! :rotfl: We customized our magic bands this morning, after having to call IT to fix a glitch. One thing down, lol!

:cool1::banana::woohoo::woohoo::yay:

Does anyone know if you rent something at Sammy Duvall's, can you charge it to your room or does it have to be paid with a credit card when you show up for your reservation?

Does anyone ever (are you allowed?) decorate their balcony/door for the holidays?

If you are staying at BLT, DVC has asked members to limit all decorating to the inside of the villa and not able to be seen from the outside. There are still members who do decorate, though, even though DVC asks us not to. They also ask that we not use tape, tacks and even command strips as they can damage the finishes.

But if you'd like a small tree on a table in your room, that should be permitted.

It's been a few years since we've stayed CR club level, does anyone have any pictures to post?
There are photos and links to more photos in the Club Level chapter of the thread.

Wow! Was showing my stepmom more pics of CR, and she decided we should book a room right now!! :scared1: We are officially booked CR tower TPV 2/27-3/5 2016!! Might change the dates later when discounts come out, but we are official!! How am I gonna wait that long?! I might explode!! :lmao:
Congratulations on booking and I'll log your dates (2016, right?) Hopefully, you'll be able to apply a discount without having to change your dates.

We checked in yesterday and the resort is great. Despite a long wait to board the ME buses at the airport, the service at check in was fast and efficient. We were able to snag a CM just as we were getting off the bus. The entire process took about 5 minutes. Our room was ready upon arrival, 2 pm.

It is in the garden wing and although it could not possibly be farther from the main tower, it is not a long walk and it is very quiet. The room is clean, the beds are comfortable, and I like the size of the standard room. We are not cramped at all. All the CMs we interacted with were great and I am happy to report the splash pad area for the kids appears to be open and looks like a lot of fun! I can already tell that we need to build more resort time into our plans!

Although I was somewhat apprehensive about the hotel's theming, I really like it here. My younger son was disappointed when we changed our reservation from WL to here, but now that we are here he loves it. He really likes watching the monorail and is totally onboard with the "futuristic" theming. Of course the 5 minute walk to MK doesn't hurt either.

We took the monorail back from MK last night and while it is a lot of fun to ride, it would have been much faster to walk. After walking to the resort monorail station from MK, which is in the opposite direction from the walkway to MK, and waiting another 15 minutes to board, it look much longer to use the monorail than it would had we walked. And this was before Wishes, so not at a really busy time. I will have to say that MK was packed yesterday though so maybe we will try using the monorail again on a less busy day.
Thank you for checking in with us and it sure does sound like you're enjoying your stay. If DS still wants to see WL, it's very easy to take the Blue Flag boat over. VWL has a train room with some interesting models and photos your DS might like.

Does anyone know if you rent something at Sammy Duvall's, can you charge it to your room or does it have to be paid with a credit card when you show up for your reservation?
Yes, you can use your room charge. If you rent something that doesn't have a set return time, like a Sea Raycer, you'll be charged upon return. But, they will still need to take your KTTW card or scan your MB before departure. You'll also need a driver's license and if you're using an AP or DVC discount, you'll need that card, too.

Does anyone ever (are you allowed?) decorate their balcony/door for the holidays?
Yes, many guests decorate. In fact, Ft. Wilderness is famous for their elaborate decorations and it's worth a trip over to see them. Some guests decorate their balconies with lights and even inflatables. But, please be aware that anything that would cause damage or is a safety hazard isn't allowed.

If you are staying at BLT, DVC has asked members to limit all decorating to the inside of the villa and not able to be seen from the outside. There are still members who do decorate, though, even though DVC asks us not to. They also ask that we not use tape, tacks and even command strips as they can damage the finishes.

But if you'd like a small tree on a table in your room, that should be permitted.
Thank you for posting the DVC rules, Deb.

Thanks WDWKOOK!! We are super excited to stay at CR! All 5 of us loved it immediately from pics; can't wait! Yes, 2016 for us. Dates might change due to discount, or for warmer weather so my DD can swim, I'll be sure to post when/if they do. Thanks again! :)

Not at BLT, over in the main CR Tower. They really need new names, too confusing lol. Hmm how to have stockings without tape or command hooks?

Not at BLT, over in the main CR Tower. They really need new names, too confusing lol. Hmm how to have stockings without tape or command hooks?

Stocking hangers! You can use them on the dresser or desk, and if you can't pack or ship them, I bet you could find them somewhere at WDW. Good luck!
:cool1:

There are photos and links to more photos in the Club Level chapter of the thread. Congratulations on booking and I'll log your dates (2016, right?) Hopefully, you'll be able to apply a discount without having to change your dates. Thank you for checking in with us and it sure does sound like you're enjoying your stay. If DS still wants to see WL, it's very easy to take the Blue Flag boat over. VWL has a train room with some interesting models and photos your DS might like. Yes, you can use your room charge. If you rent something that doesn't have a set return time, like a Sea Raycer, you'll be charged upon return. But, they will still need to take your KTTW card or scan your MB before departure. You'll also need a driver's license and if you're using an AP or DVC discount, you'll need that card, too. Yes, many guests decorate. In fact, Ft. Wilderness is famous for their elaborate decorations and it's worth a trip over to see them. Some guests decorate their balconies with lights and even inflatables. But, please be aware that anything that would cause damage or is a safety hazard isn't allowed. Thank you for posting the DVC rules, Deb.
KOOK - Can you provide any more info on the train room at WL? My son would LOVE to see that!! Thx!!

KOOK - Can you provide any more info on the train room at WL? My son would LOVE to see that!! Thx!!

It is over in the lobby in the villas. It's not so much a train room, but there is one of Walt Disney's trains in a display case and some photos on the walls. They call it the Carolwood Pacific Railroad Room. It used to be the Iron Spike Room. There is a fireplace in the room and a table with a checkerboard on top so you can play checkers.

When we stay at the villas, I like to get a book and sit by the fireplace and read.

When you walk in the door from the covered walkway, the CPRR is towards the right.

Here is a link to more information: http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/content/secrets-and-history-wilderness-lodge

It is over in the lobby in the villas. It's not so much a train room, but there is one of Walt Disney's trains in a display case and some photos on the walls. They call it the Carolwood Pacific Railroad Room. It used to be the Iron Spike Room. There is a fireplace in the room and a table with a checkerboard on top so you can play checkers. When we stay at the villas, I like to get a book and sit by the fireplace and read. When you walk in the door from the covered walkway, the CPRR is towards the right. Here is a link to more information: http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/content/secrets-and-history-wilderness-lodge
Thank you!!!

I have photos and more information in the VWL section of the WL thread HERE.

It is over in the lobby in the villas. It's not so much a train room, but there is one of Walt Disney's trains in a display case and some photos on the walls. They call it the Carolwood Pacific Railroad Room. It used to be the Iron Spike Room. There is a fireplace in the room and a table with a checkerboard on top so you can play checkers.

When we stay at the villas, I like to get a book and sit by the fireplace and read.

When you walk in the door from the covered walkway, the CPRR is towards the right.

Here is a link to more information: http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/content/secrets-and-history-wilderness-lodge
Thanks for posting, Deb.

I'm going to ask this here, rather than the disAbilities board, because it is specific to CR, and hopefully someone here will know for sure. So, will I have trouble getting an ECV up to our room? We are staying in the tower, TPV, and will be CL if we can get a discount. I'm just concerned about elevators and stuff like that. Anyone have experience with this? TIA! :)

I'm going to ask this here, rather than the disAbilities board, because it is specific to CR, and hopefully someone here will know for sure. So, will I have trouble getting an ECV up to our room? We are staying in the tower, TPV, and will be CL if we can get a discount. I'm just concerned about elevators and stuff like that. Anyone have experience with this? TIA! :)
The elevators in the tower are quite large and will be able to accommodate you with no problem.

The elevators in the tower are quite large and will be able to accommodate you with no problem.

Thank you! We were originally going to stay at a moderate, so outside hallways. I just now thought about how different it will be at CR.
Thanks again!! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know what the highest floor is that you can get a 1 bedroom villa on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter