• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

That is a great canal-view room and thank you for posting the GW photos. I'm going to link to them later in the ROOM section of the thread.

Thank you - I just went and looked at your GW room pics links. So funny that someone else had already reported on 5150! The monorail and boat pics especially are wonderful :cloud9: Such a great room!

Yes, a Disney trip is always fun to think about, even if planning doesn't start right away ::yes::.

I'll have to check out the AKL thread for your pics :goodvibes.

Good luck to your DD with applying to schools. I hope she gets accepted to her first choice :wizard:.

:dance3:

Thank you :hug:

Going to post those AKV pics right now!

One more day! I can't wait to finally stay onsite at the hotel I've been dreaming of staying at since my honeymoon 10 years ago.

Have a wonderful trip! pixiedust:

Thank you both for clarifying :goodvibes.
You're far too kind - mine was more like an apology clarification:blush:

It wouldn't let me make FP reservations even though my BLT res is linked to my MDE account. Did I miss something ?:confused3. MDE account does know I am 59 days out.
Please see two posts above yours:flower3:

Having a night at the contemporary on Sunday.

Thoroughly excited and even more so after reading through this thread.

Ds currently poorly though, so fingers crossed meds work overnight.:)
I hope your DS is feeling better by now. Happy and healthy travels.

Staying in the tower - Bay Lake side in 6 weeks. Any room recommendations to request?
I like to request to be far from CM. A little of the Celebration song goes a long way with me. If you request an odd numbered room, your bed will face toward Epcot/WL instead of toward BLT. If you aren't staying CL, you might want to request a high floor for a more commanding view.

One more day! I can't wait to finally stay onsite at the hotel I've been dreaming of staying at since my honeymoon 10 years ago.
It's almost time for your dream to come true!

DH and I are starting to plan our little Princess' 1st Birthday Trip for December 2015. (Yes, she is not here yet, but we like to save for a while, rather than stash away last minute, and end up putting it on the credit card) Anywhoo... the trip will be me- 29, DH- 33, my mom-70, and dad-74. We typically transfer my parents RCI timeshare into DVC, which normally puts us at OKW or SSR. Neither of these are bad, but my mom and I REALLY want to stay at BLT. The only way I see this happening is to rent points, or pay cash.

We would do a 2 bedroom and a standard view would be fine. The only thing is, it would cost us around 3850 if we rent points, or 4750 if we pay cash and a military discount comes out. While this isn't terrible, bc we could still do the trip for around $6000 if the military ticket carries over, but I don't know if I can justify that much extra money when we could stay through RCI for $199 for the week!!

Mom has always dreamed of staying at Contemp, and after the opened BLT, she has wanted to stay there even more. I think it would be so nice with a one year old to be able to walk to the MK, and have the monorail accessible for EPCOT.

DH and I have not taken a big vacation since 2010, so we could definitely do it, and I think it is time for it;) but I just don't know if I can justify going from $300 for a week in DVC at OKW or SSR, or $4000+ for a week at BLT for just the room.

Thoughts? Sways one way or another?

YOU R NOT CRAZY!
We r DVC owners and have many contracts! One at VWL and BC, two at SSR and just a few weeks ago bought at BLT!
Needles to say we r planning next years vacay for BLT!
Do it, you will NOT be sorry!

You're far too kind - mine was more like an apology clarification:blush:

It was fine. You always give great information :goodvibes.

DH and I are starting to plan our little Princess' 1st Birthday Trip for December 2015. (Yes, she is not here yet, but we like to save for a while, rather than stash away last minute, and end up putting it on the credit card) Anywhoo... the trip will be me- 29, DH- 33, my mom-70, and dad-74. We typically transfer my parents RCI timeshare into DVC, which normally puts us at OKW or SSR. Neither of these are bad, but my mom and I REALLY want to stay at BLT. The only way I see this happening is to rent points, or pay cash.

We would do a 2 bedroom and a standard view would be fine. The only thing is, it would cost us around 3850 if we rent points, or 4750 if we pay cash and a military discount comes out. While this isn't terrible, bc we could still do the trip for around $6000 if the military ticket carries over, but I don't know if I can justify that much extra money when we could stay through RCI for $199 for the week!!

Mom has always dreamed of staying at Contemp, and after the opened BLT, she has wanted to stay there even more. I think it would be so nice with a one year old to be able to walk to the MK, and have the monorail accessible for EPCOT.

DH and I have not taken a big vacation since 2010, so we could definitely do it, and I think it is time for it;) but I just don't know if I can justify going from $300 for a week in DVC at OKW or SSR, or $4000+ for a week at BLT for just the room.

I understand the hesitation since booking elsewhere would be very inexpensive, but if BLT is doable financially, I agree with the pp to go for it. It is a dream of your mom's to stay there and you can't beat being right next to MK (especially with a little one). I say book BLT and have a great trip :wizard:.

I also agree with the previous posts. If it's a lifelong dream for your mom, then think of the trip as a dream vacation, not the typical Disney vacation you've done in the past. Now for a word of caution though:

My dream was also to stay at the contemporary. The year I turned 30 I decided it was time to fulfill that dream and booked a theme park view room. Absolutely loved it, to the point I planned on going back 2 years later to do it again. That 2nd trip came, and I loved it just as much. BLT opened that same year, and after minimal hesitation, I bought into it. It's been one of my favorite purchases as it now allows me to stay in a theme park view studio every year, but the moral of the story... The contemporary can be very tempting. I still say go for it, but keep in mind you may become hooked :thumbsup2

Are you there yet! Are you there yet! lol Completly envious of you right now. I hope you have a completly enjoyable day and a fantastic trip! :cool1:

Does anyone know if they pipe in the HalloWishes music at the Atrium Club level lounge? I called them yesterday and they said they didn't know. They pipe in the regular wishes but nobody knows about party nights.

Hoping someone has some first hand experience. Thank you! :)

I have not stayed in the Atrium club. However, I am 99.9999% certain they do. They pipe the music through the televisions in the rooms at the CR and BLT, and they pipe the music at the Top of the World Lounge at BLT. DOesn't make sense that they would withold it from the club level lounge.

Does anyone have pictures of a 2 bedroom standard view BLT room? I'm looking more so for the view than for the pictures of the room itself; however, the room pictures of the 2nd bedroom would be great too!!

I also agree with the previous posts. If it's a lifelong dream for your mom, then think of the trip as a dream vacation, not the typical Disney vacation you've done in the past. Now for a word of caution though:

My dream was also to stay at the contemporary. The year I turned 30 I decided it was time to fulfill that dream and booked a theme park view room. Absolutely loved it, to the point I planned on going back 2 years later to do it again. That 2nd trip came, and I loved it just as much. BLT opened that same year, and after minimal hesitation, I bought into it. It's been one of my favorite purchases as it now allows me to stay in a theme park view studio every year, but the moral of the story... The contemporary can be very tempting. I still say go for it, but keep in mind you may become hooked :thumbsup2

Thanks!! The more I think about it, the more I want to stay there for this trip. As our little princess gets bigger, I think OKW will be better bc there is more room in the condo, and more room outside for running and playing, but with a 1 year old, the proximity to MK would be phenomenal!!

I understand the hesitation since booking elsewhere would be very inexpensive, but if BLT is doable financially, I agree with the pp to go for it. It is a dream of your mom's to stay there and you can't beat being right next to MK (especially with a little one). I say book BLT and have a great trip :wizard:.

I'm leaning more and more towards it. We had been planning either an Alaska cruise or Disneyland trip in 2016 for my 30th birthday, but since neither DH nor I are very fond of the thoughts of flying cross country with an 18 month old, we have decided to make the trip in December a 1st birthday and early 30th birthday for me too.

Now to convince DH it will be so worth the money:scared:

YOU R NOT CRAZY!
We r DVC owners and have many contracts! One at VWL and BC, two at SSR and just a few weeks ago bought at BLT!
Needles to say we r planning next years vacay for BLT!
Do it, you will NOT be sorry!

AHHHH!!!! Y'all are making me think of nothing else!!!:scared1:

Like others have said, if it's your mom's dream to stay at BLT then do it!

However, I think it might be very hard for you to book a 'standard' view. Most of those are booked by DVC members 11 months out especially in December. Of course, if you are able to rent the points from a member that far out you will be okay.

Hi Everyone!
We rented points and are staying in a standard studio at BLT next June. I'm aware I have a looooong time until my trip (super excited, though!), but I'm wondering what room requests I should ask the owner to submit when the time gets closer? Am I going to regret not getting the lake view?
I'm pretty sure we'll be very excited just to be able to walk to MK, but having a nice view would be icing on the cake. We were very lucky at POP last year and had a room overlooking the lake with a view of illuminations and symphony of the stars!

Hi Everyone!
We rented points and are staying in a standard studio at BLT next June. I'm aware I have a looooong time until my trip (super excited, though!), but I'm wondering what room requests I should ask the owner to submit when the time gets closer? Am I going to regret not getting the lake view?
I'm pretty sure we'll be very excited just to be able to walk to MK, but having a nice view would be icing on the cake. We were very lucky at POP last year and had a room overlooking the lake with a view of illuminations and symphony of the stars!
Welcome! THE BLT ROOM NUMBER/VIEW THREAD is a great place to see what view possibilities there are for each booking category. Happy planning!

Welcome! THE BLT ROOM NUMBER/VIEW THREAD is a great place to see what view possibilities there are for each booking category. Happy planning!

Wow, that is one impressive thread!! Any chance there is something out there like this for the Tower?? I have no idea where we should try to request and being able to see the layout and corresponding room numbers would definitely help me try to narrow it down a bit!

Wow, that is one impressive thread!! Any chance there is something out there like this for the Tower?? I have no idea where we should try to request and being able to see the layout and corresponding room numbers would definitely help me try to narrow it down a bit!
BLT is a semi-circle so villas within the same booking category can have different views. There are only two CR Tower views: MK/TPV and STD/BLV. All the Tower rooms have unobstructed views. There really aren't any "view" choices once you've booked. Some rooms are higher, some are at the north end, closer to MK and some are near the south end, closer to the Convention Center and the GW.

BLT is a semi-circle so villas within the same booking category can have different views. There are only two CR Tower views: MK/TPV and STD/BLV. All the Tower rooms have unobstructed views. There really aren't any "view" choices once you've booked. Some rooms are higher, some are at the north end, closer to MK and some are near the south end, closer to the Convention Center and the GW.

Thank you for clarifying that I really won't even have that much to ponder/request - makes it a lot simpler! :)

Is the odd-numbered room thing about where the bed faces, then, not even a consideration when staying in the Tower? Or does that depend your your view (we are staying BLV)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter