• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Well with only 12 days left we switched from GF to Contemporary TPV. We just loved our previous stay here and the walk to/from the MK is bonus. Quick question though for those that have stayed recently - do you notice a lot of people from WL coming to use the pool? How crowded is the pool now?

I don't believe that starts until September .

We are here now! Winding our trip down. It has been absolutely wonderful. I'm tempted to attempt a Trip Report because I have never found one where anyone stayed at the contemporary.
I hope the rest of your stay and trip home was great and we'd love to read your TR!

Hi there :wave: Not sure where we will stay next. I'll probably let my daughter choose. She is a rising high school senior, so she has a busy year ahead. We think our next trip will be in June. A graduation trip :cool1:
You have a lot going on this school year with DD's graduation. Mine will be a Junior so I'll be in your shoes next year. Has she decided which college she'd like to attend or what she wants to do after graduation?

I will be staying at the CR Garden Wing with just my 9 year old. It's time to do my on-line check in and I'm wondering what to request. I think I want an upper floor since I don't really want her attempting to open the slider while I'm in the bathroom.

What does "odd room number" mean at CR Garden Wing? Does it face a certain direction?

I hope I have not made a mistake, I didn't realize when I booked that it wasn't in the tower. Any thoughts?

thanks!
As was posted, the odd numbered rooms apply to the direction beds face in the Tower. Unfortunately, Online Check-In "room amenity requests" don't always apply to all bookings. They're a generic list for the entire resort that can be very confusing. If you can, call the WDTC/CRO or if you're staying Club Level, email the IPO to let them know of any room location requests you'd like added to your reservation. This can be done up to about 5 days prior to arrival.

I'd also recommend requesting a ground floor room that faces Bay Lake or the canal. It's nice being able to go out onto the patio. These are considered Garden View rooms in the Garden Wing. I have photos of the door latch in the BLT section of the thread, but it's as johnsonet described.

Agreed with this, the inline check-in options seem to be the same for the whole resort, and not based on what you specifically booked.
That's right and the booking designations for some rooms at CR can make it even more confusing.

I was just over in the Garden Wing last week doing laundry. The GW is very nice. I would request ground floor b/c I'd love to have a little patio. There's a second latch/lock at the top of the sliding door ;)

Here are some pics:

This is room 5150. It would be an incredible room to have! Right on the waterway that takes boats from WL to MK :wizard:
That is a great canal-view room and thank you for posting the GW photos. I'm going to link to them later in the ROOM section of the thread.

Well with only 12 days left we switched from GF to Contemporary TPV. We just loved our previous stay here and the walk to/from the MK is bonus. Quick question though for those that have stayed recently - do you notice a lot of people from WL coming to use the pool? How crowded is the pool now?

I don't believe that starts until September .
That's correct. The WL pool closure doesn't begin until 3 SEP. WL guests can also use the VWL and FW pools and they'll also be given a one-day water park pass so that will help to distribute the displaced swimmers.

Thank you - wasn't sure if early construction had begun and people were already being allowed over. :)

Thanks :goodvibes. I will be the one doing all the booking and keeping track of everything, so as soon as the dates and resort are decided on, I'll be ready to go :thumbsup2.

How exciting to start planning soon for your DD's grad trip with the chance of going back to the CR :yay:. I'm exciting just thinking about a CR stay after seeing all of your great pics (as well as everyone else's on this thread). Thanks again for your live reports and all of the pics you posted :).

How was your AKV stay? Did you post anything about your stay on the AKL/AKV FAQ?

Thank you :) I won't start planning any time soon - but it's always fun to know that WDW is there for us to enjoy :lovestruc
No, I haven't posted anything on the AKL/AKV thread. But maybe I'll post some pics on the AKL photo thread :surfweb: Thanks for reminding me!

Just wanted to add that the CR pools seemed less crowded than other resort pools, in my experience. No problem finding chairs at all :cheer2:

65992DC5-E015-4187-B7FF-D68D2C6A2017_zpslrn5gipf.jpg

60D23523-1B1B-4DD3-B33D-79617E1934A2_zpsvakgsvsr.jpg

WDWKOOK thanks and good luck this year!
My daughter does have a first choice school picked out and has pretty much decided to apply early decision. So, fingers crossed, she will know where she's going by Christmas party:

I will be staying at the CR Garden Wing with just my 9 year old. It's time to do my on-line check in and I'm wondering what to request. I think I want an upper floor since I don't really want her attempting to open the slider while I'm in the bathroom.

What does "odd room number" mean at CR Garden Wing? Does it face a certain direction?

I hope I have not made a mistake, I didn't realize when I booked that it wasn't in the tower. Any thoughts?

thanks!

I'm a lurker on this thread since DDs want to stay here one day. I thought I would chime in on the door latch. DD9 is quite small and can easily reach and operate both the latches on the sliding door and the door to the hall at the WL.

Here's a photo from KOOK's BLT post. The mechanism is different than at WL, but the placement of the locks is the same. Just one more reason Mom never gets any privacy. I had to keep the bathroom door ajar just in case. I ended up taking my showers when the kids were sleeping.

Thanks for all the input. To be honest, I don't think we have much time to sit on the patio...we only have a few days there.

I appreciate the input!

60 days from today we will be at BLT ! :cool1: since the military discount park tickets won't supposedly be released until Monday 25 Aug I am slightly worried about all the really good reservations being gone for the big rides.....I know I should..."Let It Go".:rotfl2:

I'm a lurker on this thread since DDs want to stay here one day. I thought I would chime in on the door latch. DD9 is quite small and can easily reach and operate both the latches on the sliding door and the door to the hall at the WL.

Here's a photo from KOOK's BLT post. The mechanism is different than at WL, but the placement of the locks is the same. Just one more reason Mom never gets any privacy. I had to keep the bathroom door ajar just in case. I ended up taking my showers when the kids were sleeping.
:wave2:

60 days from today we will be at BLT ! :cool1: since the military discount park tickets won't supposedly be released until Monday 25 Aug I am slightly worried about all the really good reservations being gone for the big rides.....I know I should..."Let It Go".:rotfl2:
You can make your FP+ reservations w/o tickets. You just need to have your resort reservation linked to your MDX account and you can make your FP+ at 60 days as long as you're booked at a WDW Resort:)

Well with only 12 days left we switched from GF to Contemporary TPV. We just loved our previous stay here and the walk to/from the MK is bonus.

Have a great trip :wizard:.

Mine will be a Junior so I'll be in your shoes next year.

Hi KOOK :wave2:

You have an exciting 2 years ahead of you :goodvibes.

Thank you :) I won't start planning any time soon - but it's always fun to know that WDW is there for us to enjoy :lovestruc

No, I haven't posted anything on the AKL/AKV thread. But maybe I'll post some pics on the AKL photo thread :surfweb: Thanks for reminding me!

My daughter does have a first choice school picked out and has pretty much decided to apply early decision. So, fingers crossed, she will know where she's going by Christmas party:

Yes, a Disney trip is always fun to think about, even if planning doesn't start right away ::yes::.

I'll have to check out the AKL thread for your pics :goodvibes.

Good luck to your DD with applying to schools. I hope she gets accepted to her first choice :wizard:.

60 days from today we will be at BLT ! :cool1:

:dance3:

You can make your FP+ reservations w/o tickets. You just need to have your resort reservation linked to your MDX account and you can make your FP+ at 60 days as long as you're booked at a WDW Resort:)

This is good to know as I always thought you had to have tickets in order to make FP+ selections ;).

I thought the same thing. Worlds are colliding :crazy2:

I just tried again after reading that, and it still won't let me for October :(

I have a party of 4 with a package. BUT I have 3 random tickets floating around in my account from a package deal almost 2 years ago that won't come off of my MDE and I just realized how great that is, because the ghost tickets let me book FP+ for 3 of us! I booked for those 3 in the hopes I can "copy" them to our new guest once we arrive and pick them up.

Hey everyone!! Can we use the BLT pool if booked in TPV room? I wasnt sure if all guests can use all pools! Thanks!!

If you're book in a TPV room at the CR then no. But if you're booked in a TPV room at BLT then yes you can. CR guests can't use the bulls-eye pool at BLT, but BLT guests can use both the CR pool and the pool at BLT.

You have to have a ticket linked on MDE to make FP+ reservations. Resort reservation by itself is not sufficient.

Thank you for correcting my error! I apologize for confusing anyone. I was going off of this statement from Touringplans.com:

Using Disney’s website or the My Disney Experience app, guests staying at a Disney Resort Hotel can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days before their trips. Anyone else with park admission can book FastPass+ reservations up to 30 days in advance. (Annual Passholders who are not staying in a Disney Resort Hotel may hold only 7 days of active reservations at a time.)

I just looked at the official Disney website which confirms what you posted:

Buy your tickets before you arrive and you can choose your FastPass+ experiences up to 30 days in advance of each day of your theme park visit. When you buy tickets in advance and book a stay at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay. Disney Resort hotel Guests also receive a MagicBand to make their vacation more fun and convenient than ever before.

Hey everyone!! Can we use the BLT pool if booked in TPV room? I wasnt sure if all guests can use all pools! Thanks!!
CR guests can't use the BLT pool. Only DVC members can pool-hop if they are staying on points. However, BLT, AKL and SAB are excluded from DVC Member pool-hopping.

I thought the same thing. Worlds are colliding :crazy2:

:rotfl::rotfl:

You have to have a ticket linked on MDE to make FP+ reservations. Resort reservation by itself is not sufficient.

Thank you for correcting my error! I apologize for confusing anyone. I was going off of this statement from Touringplans.com:

Using Disney’s website or the My Disney Experience app, guests staying at a Disney Resort Hotel can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days before their trips. Anyone else with park admission can book FastPass+ reservations up to 30 days in advance. (Annual Passholders who are not staying in a Disney Resort Hotel may hold only 7 days of active reservations at a time.)

I just looked at the official Disney website which confirms what you posted:

Buy your tickets before you arrive and you can choose your FastPass+ experiences up to 30 days in advance of each day of your theme park visit. When you buy tickets in advance and book a stay at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay. Disney Resort hotel Guests also receive a MagicBand to make their vacation more fun and convenient than ever before.

Thank you both for clarifying :goodvibes.

:wave2:

It wouldn't let me make FP reservations even though my BLT res is linked to my MDE account. Did I miss something ?:confused3. MDE account does know I am 59 days out.

Having a night at the contemporary on Sunday.

Thoroughly excited and even more so after reading through this thread.

Ds currently poorly though, so fingers crossed meds work overnight.:)

One more day! I can't wait to finally stay onsite at the hotel I've been dreaming of staying at since my honeymoon 10 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter