Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi everyone, just booked our first stay at the Contemporary (we usually do mods) - Tower with a theme Park View from March 16-20!!! We're tacking on 4 nights following a 3 night Dream Cruise. So excited - this is a celebratory / splurge vacation for us! Can't wait to go through this thread.

Sounds like a great trip :cool1::cool1:.

:goodvibes

Checking in Friday and CAN NOT WAIT. Just trying to muddle through work until Thursday at lunchtime. Not at all into it to be honest.;)

Have a great trip :dance3:.

The last few days are kind of fun. It just seems like once I get something done, I think of 3 more things that need to be done before we leave. Work really gets in the way of my vacation prep.;)

I agree....the anticipation the last few days are fun ::yes::, but I also know how you feel about always finding something else to do when you think everything is done. LOL on work getting in the way of vacation prep :laughing:.

Hi, I have a dumb question. If you booked CR theme park view, are you guaranteed to be able to see wishes from your balcony?? I was reading on touring plans that some look out over the convention centre? I'd hate to expect to see wishes and pay for it and be disappointed!! Thanks in advance to the vets.

I always thought you were guaranteed to see fireworks from your balcony, but it's interesting what you saw on touring plans. We've never stayed at the CR, but I have been reading up on it as we are hoping to try it next year, so I would also like to see a response to your question. Hopefully someone else will be able to explain about those rooms that overlook the convention center :).

MH and I are both big planners, and even though our trip is over a year away, we both are in high research mode. We want to stay BLT 1 bdrm villa but realize not being DVC members we'll have to wait to secure a reservation. How long does it usually take to find out if there are available spots? Will we have the chance to be as selective (i.e. high # theme park view) as we would with other resorts?

We've made our initial reservation at AOA just to hold a date, but really want BLT!

I always thought you were guaranteed to see fireworks from your balcony, but it's interesting what you saw on touring plans. We've never stayed at the CR, but I have been reading up on it as we are hoping to try it next year, so I would also like to see a response to your question. Hopefully someone else will be able to explain about those rooms that overlook the convention center :).

Edit: Sorry, the previous image I found was huge.

You can see by this image, the convention center doesn't obstruct any of the balconies, so I should think you can see Wishes no matter what room you're in. The xmas tree might be a little annoying though. ;)

CR1.jpg

Trying to book Contemporary for Sept 2015 - Garden Wing Standard View. It seems as though there is no availability for any room type in the Garden Wing for any date in Sept 2015 - anyone able to book a room in this category?? Kindest Thanks!

MH and I are both big planners, and even though our trip is over a year away, we both are in high research mode. We want to stay BLT 1 bdrm villa but realize not being DVC members we'll have to wait to secure a reservation. How long does it usually take to find out if there are available spots? Will we have the chance to be as selective (i.e. high # theme park view) as we would with other resorts?

We've made our initial reservation at AOA just to hold a date, but really want BLT!

I'm not familiar with the villas as we've never booked one, but hopefully others more familiar with DVC will be able to give a time frame for booking those :).

Edit: Sorry, the previous image I found was huge.

You can see by this image, the convention center doesn't obstruct any of the balconies, so I should think you can see Wishes no matter what room you're in. The xmas tree might be a little annoying though. ;)

CR1.jpg

Thanks so much for this!! You can definitely see by this pic that the TPV rooms are not obstructed by the convention center :thumbsup2. LOL about the Christmas tree, though :laughing:.

Just a couple more days until we check in. Getting so excited now :cool1:

Trying to book Contemporary for Sept 2015 - Garden Wing Standard View. It seems as though there is no availability for any room type in the Garden Wing for any date in Sept 2015 - anyone able to book a room in this category?? Kindest Thanks!

Not sure what your dates are, but I just plugged in random dates in September and while the first half of September wasn't showing any GW availability, there were GW rooms showing for September 18th through the end of the month ;). It's strange that the first half of the month shows nothing available, unless there's a convention or something that needed rooms blocked this far in advance :confused3. With that said, I'd keep looking checking back :goodvibes.

I was looking at rates last week and noticed the same thing. However, when I switched my search to a package, rooms were suddenly available.

Edit: Sorry, the previous image I found was huge. You can see by this image, the convention center doesn't obstruct any of the balconies, so I should think you can see Wishes no matter what room you're in. The xmas tree might be a little annoying though. ;)
Thank you!! As I'm going in March no worries on the tree :-)

Hey kook add me to the rail!

I looked several times a day for a TPV room with passholder. Today an atrium club TPV showed up. Oh well if I must!
Dd and I now 2 days cr and deluxe king RPC for the last night of our 3 day mom and me before school. :goodvibes

8/11-8/13 cr and 8/13-8/14 gf:cloud9:

Members who own at BLT can't book their stays until 11 months out. Members who don't own at BLT but want to book there, have to wait until seven months out. You might have to wait until about seven months out, but at least less than eleven months out.

Thanks so much for this!! You can definitely see by this pic that the TPV rooms are not obstructed by the convention center :thumbsup2. LOL about the Christmas tree, though :laughing:.

Thank you, its our 4th time staying there. :)

The tree shouldn't be in anyone's way as when you're in the tower room, the fireworks are to the right.
We enjoyed watching them pretty much most nights on our last trip. :thumbsup2

heres a view from our room :)
SAM_4010.jpg

We booked last August for this July. I have a whole thread of the process (I'll link it once I can find it.) Rooms tended to show up at the 11 month mark from your check out date. This was just my experience for the summer months, but hopefully it'll help! You will LOVE BLT!!!

Thanks so much! I'll keep checking back - fingers crossed early Sept opens up! Cheers!

Good luck pixiedust:.

As I'm going in March no worries on the tree :-)

:goodvibes

Thank you, its our 4th time staying there. :)

The tree shouldn't be in anyone's way as when you're in the tower room, the fireworks are to the right.
We enjoyed watching them pretty much most nights on our last trip. :thumbsup2

heres a view from our room :)
SAM_4010.jpg

Hope you have a great return trip :goodvibes.

Thanks for the pic, great view :wizard:.

You'll be booking cash, not a DVC rental or booking, right? The seven month D&B correctly mention above is for DVC owners who own elsewhere. For booking cash, I think the answer is just "it varies." I think the Disney availability for cash booking is based on DVC owners using their points for non-DVC bookings, like cruises and stuff. Somehow that translates into cash booking inventory. It seems those rooms open up closer to the dates than normal rooms, but I couldn't tell you when. Just keep trying. Otherwise, much closer to the date (as in the last month), if there is any inventory not booked DVC, it's transitioned to Disney for additional cash bookings, so the rooms aren't empty, but I don't think BLT ever falls into that category. Good luck!!!

MH and I are both big planners, and even though our trip is over a year away, we both are in high research mode. We want to stay BLT 1 bdrm villa but realize not being DVC members we'll have to wait to secure a reservation. How long does it usually take to find out if there are available spots? Will we have the chance to be as selective (i.e. high # theme park view) as we would with other resorts? We've made our initial reservation at AOA just to hold a date, but really want BLT!

We rented points at BLT and got our reservation 11 months out. (And we'll be there in 29 days....)

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I have a 2 bedroom BLT TP view booked on 10/10 and the rest of our stay is a lake view. Wondering if anyone on here has a LV and prefers a TP view and somehow we can exchange???

You'll be booking cash, not a DVC rental or booking, right? The seven month D&B correctly mention above is for DVC owners who own elsewhere. For booking cash, I think the answer is just "it varies." I think the Disney availability for cash booking is based on DVC owners using their points for non-DVC bookings, like cruises and stuff. Somehow that translates into cash booking inventory. It seems those rooms open up closer to the dates than normal rooms, but I couldn't tell you when. Just keep trying. Otherwise, much closer to the date (as in the last month), if there is any inventory not booked DVC, it's transitioned to Disney for additional cash bookings, so the rooms aren't empty, but I don't think BLT ever falls into that category. Good luck!!!

You can get cash reservations for studios, 1 or 2 bedrooms usually starting about 9-10 months before your trip. I've done this many times with zero issues (including my trip this October).

Grand Villas, on the other hand, seem to be a different story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter