Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We are booked for next march in a garden wing room!!! can't wait!

Congratulations :cool1:

... When you come in from the garden wing walkway it might even be quicker to get to the lobby, MK walkway and buses than it is from the tower. We waited a long time for the elevators in the tower.
This is a great point :thumbsup2

Some of your questions are difficult to answer because it depends on which part of the garden wing you're in. I would say its probably fairly comparable to the distance from the GF beachfront to the monorail. You would walk in the back entrance on the ground floor and then either take the escalators or elevator up to the Contempo Cafe/restaurants/shopping and the escalator to the monorail.

For the buses you would stay on the ground floor and cut through the lobby (shorter way) or go around the back outside toward BLT and around the front to the bus stop. Either way, probably a 5 minute walk (again, dependent upon where in the garden wing you are.). The path to the MK is past the bus stop, so you're looking at about a 15 min walk to MK? It's really all dependent on where your room is and how fast you walk :)

:disrocks:

Being able to walk to MK trumps everything for us.

These days I totally agree! ::yes::

2 days until we are there!

:woohoo: Have a blast! I'm right behind you :yay:

I have a split stay at BLT. Really not ideal, but hoping that a lake view opens up for our first night. Right now we have a theme park view on our first night and a lake view for the remaining 4 nights. Has anyone had experience doing this as far as checking in and checking out with perishable food and luggage? Will my magic bands have issues? I think it will be kind of neat to have a theme park view on our first night because Hallowishes is early that night and this is our first visit. I am just worried about the logistics of switching rooms!

I have a split stay at BLT. Really not ideal, but hoping that a lake view opens up for our first night. Right now we have a theme park view on our first night and a lake view for the remaining 4 nights. Has anyone had experience doing this as far as checking in and checking out with perishable food and luggage? Will my magic bands have issues? I think it will be kind of neat to have a theme park view on our first night because Hallowishes is early that night and this is our first visit. I am just worried about the logistics of switching rooms!

I had a situation like that once, first four nights were at BLT in a one bedroom and last night was at VWL in a 1 bedroom. When I checked in at BLT the girl said this was silly unless I wanted to move and I said no, it was all that was available when I booked. She left and came back and switched my VWL to BLT for the difference in points. But that was the day of check in and I was an owner.

Just made a change to our October trip and we are now staying our first night in a Std. CL-King Room. CM said we'd be on the 14th floor and would get either a TPV or Lake view but wouldn't know until we check in?

Very excited to try a new resort and can't wait to see the look on DH's face (he has no idea). Off to start reading up on this thread.
There are only 5 non-suite/non-HA rooms on the Tower Club level. If you booked a KING then you will have a MKV. There are only two king rooms and they both face MK. There are photo links of the king Tower Club room in the CL section of the thread HERE.

So I think my boyfriend is starting to get annoyed of all of the changes that I've been making the past couple of days for our trip. When the RO discount came out 2 days ago, I wanted to add a day to the beginning of our stay but the only rooms available were the Garden Wing and Bay Lake View rooms. And I REALLY wanted to get a TPV but they were all gone :( . So we decided to get the Garden Wing Deluxe Room. So we made 2 different reservations. One for 12/11-12/12 with the RO offer and 12/12-12/15 with the FD+TPV CL. Then I decided to check today if there were any rooms available since a lot of people on the boards were saying that there was more availability today and there was! So I called in the morning and changed our FD offer to the RO offer, still keeping the Garden Wing. It saved us around $300 :thumbsup2 . Just earlier I was thinking that it would be such a hassle to switch rooms for one day so I checked if there was availability for our 12/11-12/12 reservation and there was too! So I had to called again and a CM was able to cancel the reservation for the Garden Wing and add a day to our TPV CL stay :woohoo:. It basically cost the same as if we didn't even change anything except now we have CL for our entire CR stay :laughing:. It's ok though. I'd rather be watching Wishes from our balcony on my birthday than anything :yay: . We can always try the Garden Wing next time. Hopefully this will be the last change we make for this trip!
Nice work getting that all straightened out.

Aw! Ha! I love it! The CR and BLT have my heart :)

The discount is 35% at villas and deluxe and 30% at mods. The valid dates are
7/28-8/2
8/17-10/4
10/17-11/6
11/9-11/21
12/11-12/23

*exclusions are listed as being - 3 bedroom villas, campsites, AOA, and Villas at the GF

Anyone know if you get the rate for your full stay if your check in date falls in those dates, or do I recall them changing it and you only get it for the specific dates which qualify?
The rate is only valid for the inclusive dates listed.

We are just back from 6 night on the 12th Floor! (We also stayed at the Hard Rock.) Our room was the last one on the MK side, closest to the MK. It was so quiet. The lounge staff was great, very attentive. The food yummy. The bathrooms were pretty, but oh so not functional. There was no hook for your clothes, no clothes line to dry a wet bathing suit, to little counter space. The pool also, really needs to be deeper than 3'. Neither my teen nor I could really swim. It is more of a "splash" pool.

We do love the CR, it is our 3rd stay here.:)

Thanks for posting about your stay. Did you try the Bay Lake/quiet pool? It's a little deeper at 5', but it's round shape isn't really conducive to swimming.

Finished our 6 day trip with one night at Contemporary last night. So, I can't imagine staying anywhere else in the future!
You'll have to stay a lot longer next time;)

Those are always so relaxing to watch - thanks for posting.

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm even more confused now though. Sorry!

In the second post on this thread it says,

2013 MAJOR RESORT ENHANCEMENTS:

Guest elevator improvements.

Contemporary Tower and South Garden Wing Guest room soft goods replacement.

14th floor Tower Club Refurbishment of lounge and rooms.

12th floor Atrium Club level concierge lounge and room soft goods rehab.

California Grill refurbishment.

They didn't update the rooms? I know that some of the photos of the rooms look different from the last time we stayed at the Contemporary about three years ago but some of them are old photos. It's also possible that I could totally have misunderstood.

Thanks again! Sorry if I seem like a ditz!!
You are not a ditz at all! "Soft goods replacement" is Disney speak for "rehab." The bolded above refers to the 2013 room rehab. Photos of the post-rehab room are located in the ROOM section of the thread HERE.

Does anyone have the prices for liquor sold in the gift shop? Specifically wine. Im trying to see if I should pack my own or just get it there!
I'm sorry, but I only have the photos and the prices weren't visible. I guess as they say, if you have to ask...:rolleyes:

You can add us to the list -- we're booked in a Bay Lake View room in the CR tower and my mom has a studio in BLT for Nov. 1-9. Got all our ADRs scheduled, and are just waiting for that FP+ window to open up in a little more than a month. Woo Hoo!
Yippee! I''ll add your dates.

Finally down to single digits. Checking in next Friday. Just hoping this week of work goes as fast as I know vacation will.;)
HAHA, but it never does:hourglass

New to thread, and it is wonderful!! Thanks for putting this together! We will be at the CR from 10/13 - 10/18 and can't wait, our first time staying there! Booked CR because DS became obsessed with the monorail on our last trip....but am worried now after reviewing the room classifications. We are booked in a standard room / garden view. Does this mean we will be in the garden wing, or are there standard rooms located in the tower as well? If so, what room requests should I make to try and get a room in the tower? And if not, should I change my room type? TIA!!
:welcome: to the thread! I'll add your dates to the Log-orail.

All the non-suite rooms are "standard rooms." The fact that you have a Garden View means you are in the Garden Wing. The Tower rooms only have Bay Lake and Theme Park Views. The Garden Wing has Standard and Garden Views. If you want to be in the Tower, you'll need to book a Tower room. We love the Tower Bay Lake View.

Here now!
I hope you're having a wonderful vacation!

Just subscribed to this thread today. Will post questions as they arise and/or as I get closer to my 2015 vacation. Booked it this morning.:beach:
Welcome to the thread and we look forward to your posts.

Anyone know if the CR has a Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt?
I know that WL does, but IDK know about CR:scratchin

Thank you!!! What time to the buses start running for early morning ADRs then? And are the buses only running to the parks, so we would need to take a bus from MK to get to Poly or GF?
All the resorts have an early ADR bus. Here is the information on early ADR buses from the TRANSPORTATION section of the thread:

BUSES FOR EARLY ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations)

Buses for the Magic Kingdom and Magic Kingdom Resort Area will start running at 6:30am DAILY.

Buses for Animal Kingdom/Animal Kingdom Lodge will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Buses for the Disney's Hollywood Studios (covering the Epcot Resort Area) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Buses for Epcot (Princess Breakfast at Norway) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

This information is valid EVERY DAY, and for ALL DISNEY RESORTS serviced by Bus transportation.

These buses are for Breakfasts only, and should not be used for general park access. Always let the driver know where you are going upon boarding the bus. Most times, the driver will be able to take you directly (ie: Contemporary, for Chef Mickey's) but sometimes this is not possible. As such, you should always allow time for a connection when going Resort to Resort. Actual arrival times will vary by location.
~AllEars

So excited!!! Just booked next years trip, which will be our first trip as a family of five!!! (Baby due in January)

DH and I and the girls are annual passholders and go often (next trip in 2 weeks!) and we are so excited to show "the world" to our new addition!!! :dance3:

Our dates are 4/24/15 - 5/3/15 and we will be in a Tower Bay Lake View room!! :yay:

Wanted TPV, but none available under military discount, so will keep stalking :goodvibes
Keep stalking for your preferred booking and congratulations! I'll put your dates down in the Log…but, I think I'll use my magical erasing RC quill:scratchin

I posted this on the July thread, but thought I should definitely share it here for my fellow CR/BLT lovers :) :) Anyone else LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of the resort!? Oh my! After a long, sweaty day in the parks to walk into BLT and feel the COLD air, and smell that smell and hear "welcome home" .....pure heaven!

I asked at the concierge desk and was told you can order it online! Bad news, the original investment in the machine is $200 and refills are $50, but I'm strongly considering it, ha! Disney got me again!

The website is www.enviroscent.com and it's the green clover and aloe scent. Here's a link to that scent http://www.enviroscent.com/Shop?search=green clover and aloe . There are so many choices! I want to smell them all! http://www.enviroscent.com/Shop/Accscent-Machines

The gentleman we spoke to at the front desk even mentioned these from the same site http://www.enviroscent.com/Scentsicles. He said you put them in your artificial Christmas tree and it smells like a real tree

I also Googled and found this site and they have a green clover and aloe room/fabric spray for $7! I ordered it and I'm going to give it a try and see if it smells the same. It didn't say it had the bergamot in it, so we'll see http://www.willowbaynaturals.com/Roo...pray_p_33.html

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else was in love as much as we were :)
Thanks for the great smelling information:)

Just booked our room for February 23-28! Will be staying in a Garden View Wing room. This is my dream resort and am SO excited to finally stay here! I think the best perk for us will be being able to walk to the MK! Its always a journey trying to get our kids to the TTC then on the Ferry/Monorail. Will be so nice to be able to walk to our favorite park.:cool1:
Welcome to the thread and I'll add your dates to the Log. Walking to the MK is awesome!

We are booked for next march in a garden wing room!!! can't wait!
:yay:

Hey CR Resort fans:

I found two youtube videos posted by WDW regarding the Contemporary. They contain an overview of the resort and videos of the room interiors.

Info on the Resort: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsa63yT6rzI

Guest room interiors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=Nsa63yT6rzI&v=51y__aCRi8Q

Enjoy!!
:thumbsup2Thank you and great minds…I had posted those same links here in the morning.

2 days until we are there!
Even less now!

SRUAlmn: Thank you for posting your photos and the link to more of your BLT photos. Where do you think you'll book next?

!

SRUAlmn: Thank you for posting your photos and the link to more of your BLT photos. Where do you think you'll book next?

That is the current debate :) We like to try new places, but have so many we've loved that its now a debate of trying somewhere new or going back to somewhere we know we love. It also depends on who is part of the travel party. If its just my husband and I we can do a room, but if the extended family is joining us we tend to try to do a suite or villa :)

We have actually never stayed at the Beach Club, but it doesn't look there are many good views since everything is sort of tucked back in. I would say if we are going back to a place we loved my votes would be BWI (not CL,) Poly, or GF. But I just hate to pass up BLT! I'm officially in love :)

Buses for the Magic Kingdom and Magic Kingdom Resort Area will start running at 6:30am DAILY.

Buses for Animal Kingdom/Animal Kingdom Lodge will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Buses for the Disney's Hollywood Studios (covering the Epcot Resort Area) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Buses for Epcot (Princess Breakfast at Norway) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

This information is valid EVERY DAY, and for ALL DISNEY RESORTS serviced by Bus transportation.

These buses are for Breakfasts only, and should not be used for general park access. Always let the driver know where you are going upon boarding the bus. Most times, the driver will be able to take you directly (ie: Contemporary, for Chef Mickey's) but sometimes this is not possible. As such, you should always allow time for a connection when going Resort to Resort. Actual arrival times will vary by location.
~AllEars

This is great but I'm wondering how will we get from CR to TTC to get this early ADR bus? Is there a bus from CR this early going to TTC? anybody have an idea of how we can get to EPCOT for our 8a.m. ADR?? Thank you!

Hi everyone! I booked my very first trip to the CR this coming Feb. 20-23!

I tried to go through this thread but there is a lot to take in! I do have one question I am confused by - I thought that tower rooms and garden rooms were given the same refurb to the black and white with yellow pillows on the bed. However, the Disney website shows the tower rooms with this décor and the garden wing rooms with the old brown/natural décor. Is this just a photo that was not updated?

johnsonet ~ Only 4 more days for you :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I tried to go through this thread but there is a lot to take in! I do have one question I am confused by - I thought that tower rooms and garden rooms were given the same refurb to the black and white with yellow pillows on the bed. However, the Disney website shows the tower rooms with this décor and the garden wing rooms with the old brown/natural décor. Is this just a photo that was not updated?

I can't answer your question about the rooms, but wanted to say congrats on booking your first CR stay :goodvibes. We've never stayed at the CR, but are hoping to try it sometime next year as well :).

~AllEars

This is great but I'm wondering how will we get from CR to TTC to get this early ADR bus? Is there a bus from CR this early going to TTC? anybody have an idea of how we can get to EPCOT for our 8a.m. ADR?? Thank you!
In theory, the Epcot bus should arrive at CR between 0700 and 0715. The schedule above is for early ADR buses from the resorts. Hopefully, someone who has actually used the early ADR bus to Epcot will post if this isn't the case.

Welcome and congratulations on booking! I'll add your dates to the Log-orail.

Yes, ALL CR standard rooms (and suites) were rehabbed last year and all Std. rooms look the same - ignore the Disney website:rolleyes2

It's almost time, johnsonet! Can't wait for you to get there…and hopefully, report back to us LIVE:surfweb:

johnsonetI can't answer your question about the rooms, but wanted to say congrats on booking your first CR stay :goodvibes. We've never stayed at the CR, but are hoping to try it sometime next year as well :).

Thanks! We are going for the Princess Half Marathon weekend so the monorail is going to be perfect since the races start in the area! My cousin and I are doing the 5k, and then she is going on a monorail tour to catch me running past in the MK, TTC, and then the finish at Epcot for the half!

Welcome and congratulations on booking! I'll add your dates to the Log-orail.

Yes, ALL CR standard rooms (and suites) were rehabbed last year and all Std. rooms look the same - ignore the Disney website:rolleyes2:

I should learn to ignore them more often! Maybe one day they will get it together :rotfl: Love the new decor

Hello all,,, We will be visiting 1/28/15 - 2/5/15 We will be staying in Bay Lake Towers. We have not been to DW since 1988. We have a 1 bedroom villa and a 1 bed studio. There are 6 of us. I hope we made a good choice since we have never stayed here. Is the chance for a discount good for here or not? Many people have said it is usually excluded. I would hate to scramble to find another place for 6 of us. Thanks for any information!

Hello all,,, We will be visiting 1/28/15 - 2/5/15 We will be staying in Bay Lake Towers. We have not been to DW since 1988. We have a 1 bedroom villa and a 1 bed studio. There are 6 of us. I hope we made a good choice since we have never stayed here. Is the chance for a discount good for here or not? Many people have said it is usually excluded. I would hate to scramble to find another place for 6 of us. Thanks for any information!

I can't speak to the discounts question, but with regard to picking a good hotel, I think you did a good job! I've stayed in the 1 bedroom villas at BLT before and I love it. It's great that there are two full bathrooms. And the sofa bed and sleeping chair provide a lot of options.

Enjoy!

Thank you! Bags are being packed... lists are being made... pets are beginning to get suspicious... :rotfl:

It's almost time, johnsonet! Can't wait for you to get there…and hopefully, report back to us LIVE:surfweb:

Yes ma'am, I will be posting live for sure :cool2: Please let me know of any photo needs for the FAQ!

Congrats, GoHawks2015. You have chosen wisely :flower3: Hope you do end up getting a discount.
A LOT has changed since 1988 :hourglass

Same here.....and also hoping for live reports :goodvibes.

Thanks! We are going for the Princess Half Marathon weekend so the monorail is going to be perfect since the races start in the area! My cousin and I are doing the 5k, and then she is going on a monorail tour to catch me running past in the MK, TTC, and then the finish at Epcot for the half!

Sounds like you have a great trip planned :thumbsup2. Good luck to you both in the 5k and to you in the half :wizard:.

I can't answer your question about discounts, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Thank you! Bags are being packed... lists are being made... pets are beginning to get suspicious... :rotfl:

Yes ma'am, I will be posting live for sure :cool2: Please let me know of any photo needs for the FAQ!

Yay for bags being packed and lists being made :dance3:. LOL on the pets, but I know just what you mean :laughing:.

I will be looking forward to your live reports ::yes::.

Hi everyone, just booked our first stay at the Contemporary (we usually do mods) - Tower with a theme Park View from March 16-20!!! We're tacking on 4 nights following a 3 night Dream Cruise. So excited - this is a celebratory / splurge vacation for us! Can't wait to go through this thread.

Yay for bags being packed and lists being made :dance3:. LOL on the pets, but I know just what you mean :laughing:.

I will be looking forward to your live reports ::yes::.

party: thanks!

Hi everyone, just booked our first stay at the Contemporary (we usually do mods) - Tower with a theme Park View from March 16-20!!! We're tacking on 4 nights following a 3 night Dream Cruise. So excited - this is a celebratory / splurge vacation for us! Can't wait to go through this thread.

Great choice and what a fun trip you have planned. Cruise followed by CR TPV - can't beat that :dance3:

Right with you johnsonet. Checking in Friday and CAN NOT WAIT. Just trying to muddle through work until Thursday at lunchtime. Not at all into it to be honest.;)

On a side note, when do the Epcot buses start running in the a.m. since the monorail doesn't start until 9:00? I would assume no later than 8:00 right?

Right with you johnsonet. Checking in Friday and CAN NOT WAIT. Just trying to muddle through work until Thursday at lunchtime. Not at all into it to be honest.;)

On a side note, when do the Epcot buses start running in the a.m. since the monorail doesn't start until 9:00? I would assume no later than 8:00 right?

Woohoo, my CR buddy :earboy2: Try and enjoy these last few days of anticipation. It's one of the best parts, I think :blush:

I have read on Transportation board that buses from monorail resorts to Epcot will run from 7:30-9 and then monorails begin at 9am :thumbsup2

Woohoo, my CR buddy :earboy2: Try and enjoy these last few days of anticipation. It's one of the best parts, I think :blush:

I have read on Transportation board that buses from monorail resorts to Epcot will run from 7:30-9 and then monorails begin at 9am :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info on the busses.
The last few days are kind of fun. It just seems like once I get something done, I think of 3 more things that need to be done before we leave. Work really gets in the way of my vacation prep.;)

Hi, I have a dumb question. If you booked CR theme park view, are you guaranteed to be able to see wishes from your balcony?? I was reading on touring plans that some look out over the convention centre? I'd hate to expect to see wishes and pay for it and be disappointed!! Thanks in advance to the vets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter