Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

New to thread, and it is wonderful!! Thanks for putting this together! We will be at the CR from 10/13 - 10/18 and can't wait, our first time staying there! Booked CR because DS became obsessed with the monorail on our last trip....but am worried now after reviewing the room classifications. We are booked in a standard room / garden view. Does this mean we will be in the garden wing, or are there standard rooms located in the tower as well? If so, what room requests should I make to try and get a room in the tower? And if not, should I change my room type? TIA!!

Standard room/garden view will be in the wing. I have stayed there before and liked it. The room size and set up is the same as tower rooms.

Outer Rim does make drinks to-go. Enjoy!

Just a note, though, you cannot have any drinks near the pool. My sisters were standing a couple feet from the edge drinking the moscato colada (to die for BTW) and I was in the water talking to them and the lifeguards asked them to go sit in a chair. A few days later I was asked to do the same with a bottle of water. In both cases we had just walked up about 3 feet from the edge to speak to a family member in the pool.

Here now!

The concierge who checked us in said the bus to Epcot for early morning transportation is available from MK only. Can anyone who's stayed recently confirm this?

I didn't think to ask for more info this morning. We had a crazy early trip to the airport.

Any details from those in the know?

--pennyplanner

Here now!

The concierge who checked us in said the bus to Epcot for early morning transportation is available from MK only. Can anyone who's stayed recently confirm this?

Bumping this up - interesting info :thumbsup2 Can anyone confirm? SRUAlmn ?

Have fun, pennyplanner pixiedust:

Here now!

I didn't think to ask for more info this morning. We had a crazy early trip to the airport.

--pennyplanner

Bumping this up - interesting info :thumbsup2 Can anyone confirm? SRUAlmn ?

Have fun, pennyplanner pixiedust:

Unfortunately, I can't, since we never did an early morning at EPCOT. Sorry !

Thanks, haven't booked anything yet, but hopefully soon :goodvibes.

I see your ticker is winding down......only 10 more days and you will be in Disney :cool1::cool1:.

Hope you get just what you want :cool1:
Thanks - I'm starting to pack and get crazy :crazy:

I'm starting to get excited-just have so much work to do before I go. Looking forward to a few one on one days with my boy-we haven't been just the 2 of us in over 3 years.

That will be wonderful. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:

Thanks SRUAlmn. Maybe someone else who's been recently will pop in and see pennyplanner's question and chime in.

Standard room/garden view will be in the wing. I have stayed there before and liked it. The room size and set up is the same as tower rooms.
Thanks for the info. Would we be better off upgrading to a tower room? Don't plan to spend much time in the room (other than sleeping) so view doesn't really matter, but we have 2 little ones so convenience is a priority. How far will the walk be to the tower and how much farther will the walk be to MK from the garden wing? TIA!

Thanks for the info. Would we be better off upgrading to a tower room? Don't plan to spend much time in the room (other than sleeping) so view doesn't really matter, but we have 2 little ones so convenience is a priority. How far will the walk be to the tower and how much farther will the walk be to MK from the garden wing? TIA!

We had a room near the parking lot entrance in the garden wing and the walk was maybe 5 minutes under a covered walkway. That was nothing when you compared it to the trek to the food court at POR or even the super long hallways at AKL. I would think waiting for the elevators could possibly take as long as walking over from the garden wing. I think the price difference is substantial so if you don't care about the views I wouldn't upgrade just based on a pretty short walk.

I would think waiting for the elevators could possibly take as long as walking over from the garden wing. .

Amen to that! We were so glad to be staying at BLT once we saw the crazy elevator situation at the CR. I'm telling you, double strollers need to be banned! Ha! If we saw anyone waiting for an elevator with one we just took the escalator or the stairs because we knew we'd have to wait even longer!

Here now! The concierge who checked us in said the bus to Epcot for early morning transportation is available from MK only. Can anyone who's stayed recently confirm this? I didn't think to ask for more info this morning. We had a crazy early trip to the airport. Any details from those in the know? --pennyplanner

I'm curious about this too. It seems like this info should be easier to find!

Just subscribed to this thread today. Will post questions as they arise and/or as I get closer to my 2015 vacation. Booked it this morning.:beach:

Here now!

--pennyplanner

I'm curious about this too. It seems like this info should be easier to find!

I'm definitely curious about this too. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Has any info been released as to when the monorail will be back on its "normal" operating schedule?

Just found this on Disney's website:

"As part of our continuing efforts to exceed the expectations of our Guests, select monorail services will not be available in the early morning and late evening from June 22 through the end of Summer 2014.

Please note the following monorail schedule changes:

• Resort Monorail – 8:30 AM to midnight
• Epcot Monorail – 9:30 AM to 11:30 PM
• Express Monorail – 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM

During this time, watercraft and motor coach options will still be available to help transport you to your destination. In addition, all monorail services will offer standard operating hours on the weekend of July 4, 2014."

Just found this on Disney's website: "As part of our continuing efforts to exceed the expectations of our Guests, select monorail services will not be available in the early morning and late evening from June 22 through the end of Summer 2014. Please note the following monorail schedule changes: • Resort Monorail – 8:30 AM to midnight • Epcot Monorail – 9:30 AM to 11:30 PM • Express Monorail – 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM During this time, watercraft and motor coach options will still be available to help transport you to your destination. In addition, all monorail services will offer standard operating hours on the weekend of July 4, 2014."
Thank you!!! What time to the buses start running for early morning ADRs then? And are the buses only running to the parks, so we would need to take a bus from MK to get to Poly or GF?

So excited!!! Just booked next years trip, which will be our first trip as a family of five!!! (Baby due in January)

DH and I and the girls are annual passholders and go often (next trip in 2 weeks!) and we are so excited to show "the world" to our new addition!!! :dance3:

Our dates are 4/24/15 - 5/3/15 and we will be in a Tower Bay Lake View room!! :yay:

Wanted TPV, but none available under military discount, so will keep stalking :goodvibes

I posted this on the July thread, but thought I should definitely share it here for my fellow CR/BLT lovers :) :) Anyone else LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of the resort!? Oh my! After a long, sweaty day in the parks to walk into BLT and feel the COLD air, and smell that smell and hear "welcome home" .....pure heaven! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I asked at the concierge desk and was told you can order it online! Bad news, the original investment in the machine is $200 and refills are $50, but I'm strongly considering it, ha! Disney got me again!

The website is www.enviroscent.com and it's the green clover and aloe scent. Here's a link to that scent http://www.enviroscent.com/Shop?search=green clover and aloe . There are so many choices! I want to smell them all! http://www.enviroscent.com/Shop/Accscent-Machines

The gentleman we spoke to at the front desk even mentioned these from the same site http://www.enviroscent.com/Scentsicles. He said you put them in your artificial Christmas tree and it smells like a real tree

I also Googled and found this site and they have a green clover and aloe room/fabric spray for $7! I ordered it and I'm going to give it a try and see if it smells the same. It didn't say it had the bergamot in it, so we'll see http://www.willowbaynaturals.com/Roo...pray_p_33.html

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else was in love as much as we were :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter